Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who remembers that one time Manly tried to register a contract below perceived market value to keep Gifty in his latter years?... and remember the NRL wouldn't allow it because of perceived market value... Fast forward, and here we are. Unbelievably amateurish at best, thinly veiled corruption more likely.

Can't recall how it ended, but i seem to remember the NRL repeatedly denying Manly any cap relief when Snake & Matai retired injured before the season was anywhere near started.
dont forget who was in charge ,bitter ,maniacal ,fanatical Manly hater and Z grade CEO Turd Greenburg (now hopefully stuffing up Cricket ), he was never ever going to give us the steam off a his you know what ….I know PVL is far from perfect but thank god rugby league has abluted that grub out of its system

Who remembers that one time Manly tried to register a contract below perceived market value to keep Gifty in his latter years?... and remember the NRL wouldn't allow it because of perceived market value... Fast forward, and here we are. Unbelievably amateurish at best, thinly veiled corruption more likely.
Great point - wouldn't it clear everything up if the NRL listed THEIR value of each player in the NRL.

Then you have the below cap relief with Crighton

Uncle Nick to Crighton - "go have a paid year of while I manipulate the NRL"

Hi - we are the Roosters and have recently had headlines about salary cap pressure and we may have to let a Star half or young Sualli plus others leave the club.... :wait:
Wait , instead why don't we buy another star player and a gun rookie that other teams are offering $500,000 + a season for instead and that will keep our cap safely in order, problem solved. :happy:

Great point - wouldn't it clear everything up if the NRL listed THEIR value of each player in the NRL.

Then you have the below cap relief with Crighton

Uncle Nick to Crighton - "go have a paid year of while I manipulate the NRL"
My crystal ball says wait till business end of the season and Crighton will be allowed back for "match payments" or 3rd party deals that have no bearing on the salary cap as it will be already spent, but they always work out a fair way to still have him or whoever else they want in the team....they make their own rules and the NRL seem to help them shuffle the cards.....

My crystal ball says wait till business end of the season and Crighton will be allowed back for "match payments" or 3rd party deals that have no bearing on the salary cap as it will be already spent, but they always work out a fair way to still have him or whoever else they want in the team....they make their own rules and the NRL seem to help them shuffle the cards.....
Yep I can see that happening, the Teflon Rorters

warched 360, that made it clear the chooks are looking to get chrichton off the books for next season , not this one. that is if he doesnt return

in reality that seems fair enough, happened to inglis from memory,

as long as there are caveats in place, such as cant return in the space of his contract anywhere in the NRL, he is paid.
possibly should look at him having a 2 or 3 year amnesty for signing with the same club if he returns

stuff happens to people . we carried matai and snake for 18 months and that hurt us big time.
but none of this, each case on its merits, the NRL needs to address the issue devoid of chrichton, make the details available to all clubs and then the chooks can apply under the structure

this is an area that should be fixed. the NRL have enough data to implement a framework and can address it each off season for any tweaks, not at a clubs badgering

the NRL is pretty sloppy at addressing real concerns or is it the IC. too many clown rules and not enough governance

Where is the success? The Roosters have won 5 premierships in the past 47 years. Plenty of other clubs have equalled or bettered that in the same period. A busted old manly team without half of their squad even gave them a major scare last year. We could have easily won that game if the stupid ref played fairly. I don't ****ing buy it. There is a major rort going on at the Roosters and if they get away with this obvious cheating well then not only have they payed off the players but also those who run the show.

This is never going to go away as rorting the system is easy. I’m positive the chocks are under the cap officially, so were the storm until the second set of books were found.

The only way to make everything transparent is a points system.
Players are worth x amount of points depending on if they are club, rep or one club players.
Pay a player $400,000 or $1,000,000 a season but the points value doesn’t change.

Nathan Brown signs on with Roosters for the remainder of 2023……Tallis going right off haha! And everyone convinced they don’t rort the salary cap…….oh but he’s gone to the Roosters because of the culture & less money……..yeah right Lolol!!

They are an absolute farce. They sign players who are in hugely high demand from clubs that have plenty of cash in their cap, players that clubs like the Tigers and Titans would sell their own grandmother just to get them for one season, and yet magically they are comfortably under the cap.

I wish a player like Turbo would wear a hidden mic to a meeting with Uncle Nick just to expose the obvious inducements that must be going on.

NRL Please stop treating us like we are dumb. It just doesn’t add up. Please be transparent and explain as an explanation is required.

NRL Please stop treating us like we are dumb. It just doesn’t add up. Please be transparent and explain as an explanation is required.
There is not enough talk/ investigation by the media about this, for most of them to think the fans will believe that players are signing with the roosters due to there "culture" being better than all the other clubs and taking less money, it is insulting.

Look at the storm and panthers losing quality players and were to believe their culture isn't great.

well done to Tallis for saying what we all see.

How much does everyone think the Roosters are paying Brown?The Eels have offered him to every club,even Manly and no one has wanted him.Whoever took him,only had to pay three quarters of this yrs salary at the most and the Eels are apparently tipping in some,just to get him off the books.Brown,other than a 26 minutes in the GF last year,has been in NSW Cup and nowhere near the player he once was or worth the contract the Eels gave him,despite what some on here thought when the Manly rumour was circulating

Yeah yeah he played origin, but realistically he would be ranked 25-30 on most team’s rosters these days. Parra probably paying most of the freight. Frankly I’m surprised the roosters are that dumb, but I wonder if they think radley will be concussed most of the year?

Yeah yeah he played origin, but realistically he would be ranked 25-30 on most team’s rosters these days. Parra probably paying most of the freight. Frankly I’m surprised the roosters are that dumb, but I wonder if they think radley will be concussed most of the year?
Radley is one of those players now, like Ponga, and Keary, who could be gone at any time due to head injury history, and also maybe they aren't so confident about Crichton recovering anytime soon, noting that story about how they wanted salary cap relief for him (which they didn't get).
An experienced player like Brown can plug a gap for a big game if the rest of the team are quality, and the Chooks are still expecting to pinch this year's premiership.
However, while I picked them for the 8 I don't think they'll make the grand final. Too many stars, too many ageing or injury affected.
Money won't make them happy!!! @:D

They've signed Dominic Young, N Brown. J. Paulo, J Turpin, S Leniu, upgraded Sualli, Butcher, Radley then they have players on very good money in Manu, Crichton, Collins, Smith, Toupeniua, Keary, Walker and Tedesco, not to mention the rest of the squad, yet we're to believe that there's nothing to see here!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4