Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frankly the NRL must realise the level of public distrust surrounding the current salary cap is high and it's rather ironic and disappointing when historically some clubs have been made sacrificial lambs. You would think they would throw out the old bath water and introduce some transparency as to where clubs are at in respect of the Salary cap each season. They must have reports for each season because they say the clubs are audited. Lets see the reports!

Problematic use of alcohol or drugs can be a part of how people with a mental condition try to cope. It's not unusual at all. Especially when it is still undiagnosed. A diagnosis can at least provide some insight into what has been happening to you, so you can try to put measures in place so you don't just go self-medicating willy-nilly, which obviously can be counterproductive.

I realise there is some cynicism about NRL players at court claming they have ADHD or something and getting a more lenient penalty, but bipolar disorder is no laughing matter. Others here would know a lot more about it.
Reality is all the players need something to come down off pressure of games. The Craig field scenario is example of someone in a fish bowl who could not adapt to a normal life

That’s a shame about Crichton’s diagnosis but at least it will somewhat explain & quantify any mental health issues he has experienced & perhaps give him some relief knowing & being able to take action in the form of treatment.

I saw him on the Matty John’s show once & he seemed a very likeable bloke, not your usual boofhead forward, & quite funny without being cliched like a lot of them are.

Good luck to him.

Frankly the NRL must realise the level of public distrust surrounding the current salary cap is high and it's rather ironic and disappointing when historically some clubs have been made sacrificial lambs. You would think they would throw out the old bath water and introduce some transparency as to where clubs are at in respect of the Salary cap each season. They must have reports for each season because they say the clubs are audited. Lets see the reports!
I see Schubert resigned end of last year after serving as an offical auditor for 18 years, (we all know who he played for) Schubert was behind the 2002 take down of the dogs and the 2010 take down of the Storm‘s major salary cap breaches.

Our club also faced allegations (which the club didn’t defend) as we all know which lead to a $750k fine and $330k being stripped from our cap for 2 years in 2018 and 2019.

However during Schubert’s 18 years the Rorters either had their house in order or were never heavily scrutinised, which I find extremely hard to accept in light of my earlier post and especially after reviewing their roster.

The chief auditor is now Matthew Faulkner, who I know nothing about, let’s just hope he does his job and hopefully has no history or affiliation with any club.

I’m not saying Schubert protected his old club or turned a blind eye, however even blind Freddy could see the potential conflict of interest issue, anyway at this point, I have very little faith in the NRL and in particular the so called workings of salary cap and it’s administration.

Your thinking is right Tragic Eagle there needs to be a system in place that provides open transparent accountability, something to restore faith in the system and actually do what the cap was meant to do, spread the talent and stop the rich clubs using whatever means to stack their rosters.

Last edited:
Relying on a cap to spread talent is a second choice strategy.

The NSWRL's cap was a % of the individual club's income and not set $ like now. It was a cap intended to stop the club spending beyond its means.

It was the NSWRL's draft that was meant to spread the playing talent.

Ever since the draft failed the ARL and NRL have tried getting the same objective by using the cap.

Well, waddaya know, 25 years surely proves proof that relying on a cap to spread talent don't work.

Time to bin it. Lets have an uncapped era & the weak clubs will die.

‘Concerning’ NRL gulf exposed as Roosters’ roster valued at $4m more than Dolphins​

A concerning gap between the Roosters and the rest of the NRL has been exposed with the powerhouse club’s roster properly examined.

The Sydney Roosters’ roster has been valued at $13 million, which is $1.5 million over the salary cap due to their pulling power exposing a gulf with the Dolphins worth over $4 million dollars.

The Daily Telegraph analysed more than 500 NRL players and their market values to reveal that the Roosters “on paper” are worth more than $4 million more than the inaugural Dolphins roster in 2023.

Full story....

Last edited:

‘Concerning’ NRL gulf exposed as Roosters’ roster valued at $4m more than Dolphins​

A concerning gap between the Roosters and the rest of the NRL has been exposed with the powerhouse club’s roster properly examined.

The Sydney Roosters’ roster has been valued at $13 million, which is $1.5 million over the salary cap due to their pulling power exposing a gulf with the Dolphins worth over $4 million dollars.

The Daily Telegraph analysed more than 500 NRL players and their market values to reveal that the Roosters “on paper” are worth more than $4 million more than the inaugural Dolphins roster in 2023.

Full story....
What's bigger than a Sombrero? Whatever it is Uncle Nick is wearing it! What a rort amd the NRL are complicit in this 4 speed comp.

What's bigger than a Sombrero? Whatever it is Uncle Nick is wearing it! What a rort amd the NRL are complicit in this 4 speed comp.
And of course Anasta would stick up for them, his star client Smith plays for the club and of course they have a winning culture because they buy the players to have it and the bit about come play for us because our main aim is to win premierships, well isnt that the aim of every club, to win the comp. They can say what they want, but its not a level playing field and it never will be while this is going on. We have to make sure the roosters are ok

What's bigger than a Sombrero? Whatever it is Uncle Nick is wearing it!

Seen at Bondi....

sombrero.jpg

A couple of articles about this

Tallis is questioning them

Then next article is how they will get “relief “

Cap relief please.

That chin strap on the Sombrero must be getting tight so I understand the need for relief.

(we all know who he played for)
He also played for Manly
Our club also faced allegations (which the club didn’t defend) as we all know which lead to a $750k fine and $330k being stripped from our cap for 2 years in 2018 and 2019.
The club did try to defend those allegations and even after being confirmed guilty after some lengthy (but totally untransparent) process thought briefly about taking it to court. But that's just a by the way

As for the Chooks galaxy of star signings - big money carries influence. I can't really understand why anyone is surprised about that. @BOZO is one of the few here who sees that clearly. It's all corrupt, we should (he says) just figure out how we can exploit it better too!

And of course Anasta would stick up for them, his star client Smith plays for the club and of course they have a winning culture because they buy the players to have it and the bit about come play for us because our main aim is to win premierships, well isnt that the aim of every club, to win the comp. They can say what they want, but its not a level playing field and it never will be while this is going on. We have to make sure the roosters are ok
# Fact check# Smith is not an Anasta client

As long as Politis is here, nothing will change.
I respect his standing and influence, his passion for his club, and the way he conducts his business. Unfortunately, this is how the real world works, and the Roosters will continue to benefit albeit with a massive unfair advantage

A couple of articles about this

Tallis is questioning them

Then next article is how they will get “relief “
How about the long suffering NRL fans from all the other clubs getting no "relief" from blatant leg ups the Roosters get on a seasonal basis from the NRL.

He also played for Manly

The club did try to defend those allegations and even after being confirmed guilty after some lengthy (but totally untransparent) process thought briefly about taking it to court. But that's just a by the way

As for the Chooks galaxy of star signings - big money carries influence. I can't really understand why anyone is surprised about that. @BOZO is one of the few here who sees that clearly. It's all corrupt, we should (he says) just figure out how we can exploit it better too!
Yes, I’m aware he spent 2 seasons with us, before heading of to West to finish his career, but his best years and his heart belongs to the Roosters, where funnily enough his been rewarded with a life membership.
Re Manly, thinking about defending the charge and actually defending the charge are different, hence the fact I mentioned they didn’t defend the charge.
As for the Rorters, everyone gets that money talks, thing is there is supposed to be a system in place to stop what’s happening at the star studded Rorters.
And Finally, I’m totally on board with Bozo and have mentioned several times that we need to get pro active in the cap management (manipulation) department and do whatever it takes to build our roster, so long as its legal of course, however got my doubts Penn and Co are passionate enough to throw the required dollars at it.

As long as Politis is here, nothing will change.
I respect his standing and influence, his passion for his club, and the way he conducts his business. Unfortunately, this is how the real world works, and the Roosters will continue to benefit albeit with a massive unfair advantage
We need our one version - anyone with real (billion-dollar) clout potentially in our corner? Very well connected?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8