Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wouldn’t mind a cap crisis like theirs!
Thinking our backline was starting to develop nicely.
Then with a supposed cap crisis the Rorters seem to have no problems signing who ever they want, seems like a hell of a good problem when you can purchase a backline like this,

1 Teddy
2 Tupou
3 Suaalii
4 Manu
5 Young

With a backline like that, on top of their most recent signing controlling their ruck and a pretty decent set of forwards, I more than suspect they will be suiting up come October.
The whole salary cap nonsense is a circus, promoted by the NRL, headed up with staring acts from the Rorters, Dogs and others. Who polices this shambles, on the surface it appears the NRL is either incompetent, crocked or both, the inequity among playing rosters supposedly compliant with the so called salary cap should embarrass the NRL.
It’s laughable really , and I’ve given up on Facebook having digs at Roosters fans as they are just so blasé now , they know it happens , they know they’re impervious, and they love sticking it up everyone else !!

Last edited:
Well it wouldn’t surprise me, they’ll role something out, ie, Rorters have been able to ease their cap pressure as JWH announces his retirement, (700k) Keary agrees to a release, (850k), Crichton’s (700k) may even into calculations pending his personal circumstances, you can bet the spin doctors will role the BS out thick and strong, regardless.

“In 2022 they had Tedesco on $1.1m, Luke Keary on $850,000, Joseph Manu ($720k), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ($700k), Angus Crichton ($700k), Sio Siua Taukeiaho ($625k) and Victor Radley ($510k) for a total of $5,205,000.

Serval of their players were set for upgrades in 23, incomes Smith on a 4 year, 4.4 million dollar deal.

Ok Sio’s 625 isn’t there anymore, but smith comes in Smith on 870 this year, they now have 7 players taking up $5.45m of their cap, (not including Suallii) not forgetting Walker has just signed a new 2 year extension, ( can’t find a number, but can’t see it being under 500) Lindsay Collins is on 500 and now they want Young this year on the reported 500, WTF.
I’m tired of looking at it, but that would be $7m on 10 players, what are the other 20 being paid? Which includes players like Satilli, Butcher, Watson and the other 17, (Suaalii)

Suaalii isn’t even considered in this number just reread my own post and see I left him out, remembering that south’s offered him $2.25 m in 21 before he was poached by the Rorters, can’t find his number, but considering souths offer!

No wonder the NRL had to look at a cap increase, without it the Rorters were fully exposed, remembering the 22 cap was 9.6m and the Rorters are 7m in on 10 players and that’s on the books (and that 7 doesn’t include Suaalii) embarrassing, corrupt or both? I’ll leave that as a question.
whilstever the influential “ Uncle Nick “ is mates with the boss of the NRL , it’s both embarrassing AND corrupt.

Robbo, R.O.B.B.O, Robbo......He said little boy, gonna make you a man.....

‘We’ll make you a man’: Inside Robbo’s pitch to age Cheese to perfection​

Dan Walsh

ByDan Walsh

February 22, 2023 — 6.01pm

Brandon Smith is 26 years old, with a premiership ring, 13 Tests for New Zealand, and a Roosters deal worth around $2.5 million.
And Trent Robinson is about to make him a man.
Smith is loving life in Bondi and the red, white and blue after making arguably the most high-profile move of all 2023 recruits given his shift between heavyweights Melbourne and the Roosters.
He played a significant role in the publicity around his sea change, telling a YTKR podcast he was keen to win a Roosters title while still on the Storm’s books in late-2021, just a few months after Melbourne had stood by him through his white powder scandal.

Roosters powerbrokers had already taken note and now, Smith is taking action.
“When I was talking to Robbo before signing, he pretty much told me; ‘we are going to turn you into a man over here’,” Smith said ahead of next Sunday’s season-opener against the Dolphins.

Just to play devils advocate.

Tupou is off contract and Sualii is has an option in his favour.

But yes if Young comes this year or all three are there next year then it is super suss
And they have just announced the resigning of Radley on a huge deal apparently, so there ya go

I dont have much time for Vossy but he stuck it to them for trying to do a player swap with the nights but they said no way. It wasnt good enough for us when we asked you for a player swap and went on to say ,I would tell them to P... Off , how arrogant are these clowns

I dont have much time for Vossy but he stuck it to them for trying to do a player swap with the nights but they said no way. It wasnt good enough for us when we asked you for a player swap and went on to say ,I would tell them to P... Off , how arrogant are these clowns
They think the game is their plaything.

As I said above , they’re impervious to everything as Uncle Nick is very very well connected.

Wish he snd Peter’s would retire to that Greek Island they come from , drink Mythos , chase skirt ad get their hands off the game.

Last edited:
No doubt the player they are trying to offload to the Knights is on $990,000 pre season and under the deal the roosters won’t be paying any of his contract when offloaded.

The cynic in me - high profile player getting high profile coverage for diagnosis

Hope he gets the care needed - a shame the historical conduct of his club allows cynicism to prevail

Medical retirement anyone?

Robbo, R.O.B.B.O, Robbo......He said little boy, gonna make you a man.....

‘We’ll make you a man’: Inside Robbo’s pitch to age Cheese to perfection​

Dan Walsh

ByDan Walsh

February 22, 2023 — 6.01pm

Brandon Smith is 26 years old, with a premiership ring, 13 Tests for New Zealand, and a Roosters deal worth around $2.5 million.
And Trent Robinson is about to make him a man.
Smith is loving life in Bondi and the red, white and blue after making arguably the most high-profile move of all 2023 recruits given his shift between heavyweights Melbourne and the Roosters.
He played a significant role in the publicity around his sea change, telling a YTKR podcast he was keen to win a Roosters title while still on the Storm’s books in late-2021, just a few months after Melbourne had stood by him through his white powder scandal.

Roosters powerbrokers had already taken note and now, Smith is taking action.
“When I was talking to Robbo before signing, he pretty much told me; ‘we are going to turn you into a man over here’,” Smith said ahead of next Sunday’s season-opener against the Dolphins.
The block of sh*t fits right in with the white powder brigade at Bondi.

The cynic in me - high profile player getting high profile coverage for diagnosis
Well he is a current Kangaroo Test player so no shock that it would make the news. Most media seems to have respected his privacy, it would be a life changing diagnosis I expect.

Well he is a current Kangaroo Test player so no shock that it would make the news. Most media seems to have respected his privacy, it would be a life changing diagnosis I expect.
I like Angus Crichton. Really rate him as a player and it seems like he at least tries to be a decent human being as well. The only thing I don't like about him is that he plays at the Roosters. There's no such thing as a "speedy recovery" from a bipolar disorder, but still wishing him all the best.

I also find it laughable that they claim the SFS is theirs. They share it with many other codes it’s not theirs it’s the governments and when Uncle Nick passes he won’t be able to pass it on the the club.

I also find it laughable that they claim the SFS is theirs. They share it with many other codes it’s not theirs it’s the governments and when Uncle Nick passes he won’t be able to pass it on the the club.
Yes that irks me something chronic as well , they promote it as “ their home “ when in fact it’s the public’s and home to the Waratahs & Sydney FC as well.

They are a very hateable club at present

I like Angus Crichton. Really rate him as a player and it seems like he at least tries to be a decent human being as well. The only thing I don't like about him is that he plays at the Roosters. There's no such thing as a "speedy recovery" from a bipolar disorder, but still wishing him all the best.
That's right, there's no 'recovery', it's a permanent condition, there is no cure. But it is treatable and manageable with psychotherapy and medications. I agree, wish him well and hope he's soon back playing footy - even at the Roosters!.

There substance abuse involved as well won't be reported however

There substance abuse involved as well won't be reported however

Problematic use of alcohol or drugs can be a part of how people with a mental condition try to cope. It's not unusual at all. Especially when it is still undiagnosed. A diagnosis can at least provide some insight into what has been happening to you, so you can try to put measures in place so you don't just go self-medicating willy-nilly, which obviously can be counterproductive.

I realise there is some cynicism about NRL players at court claming they have ADHD or something and getting a more lenient penalty, but bipolar disorder is no laughing matter. Others here would know a lot more about it.

I'm pretty sure he has set his estate up to keep giving to the roosters after his death.

- for some reason the Greek does not have a wife and kids-
I know for a fact that he has a disabled daughter - I've met both Nick and his daughter. I'm certain his wife was there too.

Well it wouldn’t surprise me, they’ll role something out, ie, Rorters have been able to ease their cap pressure as JWH announces his retirement, (700k) Keary agrees to a release, (850k), Crichton’s (700k) may even into calculations pending his personal circumstances, you can bet the spin doctors will role the BS out thick and strong, regardless.

“In 2022 they had Tedesco on $1.1m, Luke Keary on $850,000, Joseph Manu ($720k), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ($700k), Angus Crichton ($700k), Sio Siua Taukeiaho ($625k) and Victor Radley ($510k) for a total of $5,205,000.

Serval of their players were set for upgrades in 23, incomes Smith on a 4 year, 4.4 million dollar deal.

Ok Sio’s 625 isn’t there anymore, but smith comes in Smith on 870 this year, they now have 7 players taking up $5.45m of their cap, (not including Suallii) not forgetting Walker has just signed a new 2 year extension, ( can’t find a number, but can’t see it being under 500) Lindsay Collins is on 500 and now they want Young this year on the reported 500, WTF.
I’m tired of looking at it, but that would be $7m on 10 players, what are the other 20 being paid? Which includes players like Satilli, Butcher, Watson and the other 17, (Suaalii)

Suaalii isn’t even considered in this number just reread my own post and see I left him out, remembering that south’s offered him $2.25 m in 21 before he was poached by the Rorters, can’t find his number, but considering souths offer!

No wonder the NRL had to look at a cap increase, without it the Rorters were fully exposed, remembering the 22 cap was 9.6m and the Rorters are 7m in on 10 players and that’s on the books (and that 7 doesn’t include Suaalii) embarrassing, corrupt or both? I’ll leave that as a question.
Yeah, it's mind boggling set of numbers. Makes you wonder if the Rooters and NRL are working closely together on this.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8