Roosters next week!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
niccipops said:
Despite my last post I did intend for this thread to be serious.

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Pull Maloney's boot off and hide it somewhere.
Up Sonny Bill?
Yeah, right. ;)

Well it's a good idea.:p
Great suggestions by Ron E. Gibbs re. Jake Friend. I reckon JWH will play.

Evening "guys".
To cover a couple of threads here - Yeah, right and it's a good idea.
Up Sonny Bill - yeah, right - Right up him!
That'll slow him down.

The Who said:
Where will the Manly supporters be sitting?

Hopefully mate, they wont be sitting.
We'll be all up cheering - even out here in Country NSW.
Cheers and yell as hard as you can.

globaleagle said:
Those 2 seem to get a bit flustered when their hair gets all mussed up.

Especially Pierce..fiery little f**ker. I think running Richie at him all night may be good. Also run the legs off Jake Friend. He is playing really good footy. I'd expect Choc to work him over. Hard to find a weakness in the chooks. It'll all come down to sets completed. I think we'll have the experience to knock them off.

niccipops said:
Despite my last post I did intend for this thread to be serious. The roosters have been a tough team all year and I'm wondering what sort of strategies Manly needs to use to beat them.
How do we shut down the Oh-Hyphened-One? He made huge metres against the bunnies and they have much bigger forwards than Manly.
We do what we did to Diver Inglis and get numbers in to tackle him everytime he touches the ball - target him big time. Dont give him space. Smother him and the roosters are not the same powerful team.

Skivi, Foz and Hoz, with their Kiwi accents, to get into SBW's ear :idea:
He really hates being mimicked, and Roosters lost against the Sharks due to his focusing on Beau:p
Its, his offloads that are the real danger, one Player in each tackle needs to smash that elbow, as it is always loose, ready for the offload.

Manly by 24!

I am hoping the Roosters may be down a little after the Souths game.

They put so much into that game you would of thought they won the gf.

Thinking that this may give as the edge.

I think you're right Dowdz. The chooks acted like they had won the end game last week. They beat us at Brookie by our mistakes, not their good play, and we lost at Allianz with troops down. JWH won't be playing which will affect their go forward, and if one pressures Maloney and Peirce they make errors. We should put numbers into SBW when he has the ball and get up on him quickly. I expect Lawrence to target him in defence. SKD makes heaps of errors in defence, as does Wolfie so they sort of cancel each other out. Wolfie MUST stay on his wing. I'm so over his coming in and leaving a space for opposition wingers to exploit. Our back line is superior to theirs so I expect a Manly win by a reasonable margin.

We have to put pressure on their halves. I think they will crack under the pressure. Watmough and Skivi need to be up in their faces early to rattle them. The Roosters defence will rush up as well so I would be looking at some short kicks in behind their D, with B Stewart leading the chase.

Match them (as much as possible in the forwards), but attack the fringes.

SKD as someone already mentioned is worth a few errors, and their wingers(Tuivasa Shek and Tupou), whilst talented are very inexperienced......pressure pressure pressure.

I think also what the Sharks win over the Roosters showed us was that not too many teams have really stuck it to the Roosters this year, and when that happened they looked really lost.

Get the backrowers really running at Maloney. Qld really showed him up a couple of times in Origin with his 1 on 1 defence. (Watmough especially could run past him).

Capitalise on their penalties. The Roosters are the most penalized team in the comp, and I think we are the best (or 2nd best) at posting points after penalties.

SBW has also shown a few errors, chasing games. Whilst admirable he tries to chase the game, it shows he can try to do too much.

Lastly the Stewart brothers are the key, not sure if they played in the losses, I would doubt Glen did, and if he played in the last one he wasn't back to his current form. Those 2 are playing superb, and will cause the Roosters headache after headache. In previous games Killer was well contained, and in one of them Foran didn't play. I don't think that will happen again.

We need a very fast start, similar to when we played Storm. It wouldn't surprise if the Chooks take a while to get moving after their big effort last week. Then just continue to stick it to them for the entire 80 minutes.

Manly by 1-12.

Keep running Watmough and the human hamburger at Maloney all night and smash SBW , SKD is an imbo so get DCE bombing him all night ; as for JWH he should sit this one out .

Killer03 said:
Match them (as much as possible in the forwards), but attack the fringes.

SKD as someone already mentioned is worth a few errors, and their wingers(Tuivasa Shek and Tupou), whilst talented are very inexperienced......pressure pressure pressure.

I think also what the Sharks win over the Roosters showed us was that not too many teams have really stuck it to the Roosters this year, and when that happened they looked really lost.

Get the backrowers really running at Maloney. Qld really showed him up a couple of times in Origin with his 1 on 1 defence. (Watmough especially could run past him).

Capitalise on their penalties. The Roosters are the most penalized team in the comp, and I think we are the best (or 2nd best) at posting points after penalties.

SBW has also shown a few errors, chasing games. Whilst admirable he tries to chase the game, it shows he can try to do too much.

Lastly the Stewart brothers are the key, not sure if they played in the losses, I would doubt Glen did, and if he played in the last one he wasn't back to his current form. Those 2 are playing superb, and will cause the Roosters headache after headache. In previous games Killer was well contained, and in one of them Foran didn't play. I don't think that will happen again.

Evening Killer03,
Like it, you summed it up rather well. We need to really hit them with the kitchen sink this week. However, we need to score more tries or plant them under the crossbar as your namesake (Jamie L) seems to be staggering in his boots lately.

We know the team expects so much from him but it was he (Killer by actions not name) that played his heart out last year when the Storm disposed of us and ended our chance of another title.

I just hope Tooves get these fellas primed for it because we need to bake these Chooks and not half cook them. Then our Soaring Sea Eagles can do a nice flight passage over Bondi and drop the featherless carcasses off (and we'll do that free of charge) so that Red Rooster might salvage something from them.

Cheers Champ - Big Pete (West of The Sandstone Curtain).

I think it's also important to note that in 07/08/11 when we made the GF we won Week 1 and sailed through to Week 3. Whilst not insurmountable to win from losing in Week 1, it certainly makes it a lot harder.

Be great to sit back (like we did in those years) and watch the Roosters and the Sharks bash each, and the Rabbits and the Dogs go crazy whilst we and the scum sit back and play the winners (I am predicting a Manly/Melbourne GF).

And Big Pete C Eagle.....please don't let a game be decided on penalty goals...god I wont be able to watch!

For me, composure and patience when we're in their 20. They defend well for the most part (although they have softened in that area in my opinion).

Repeat sets. They'll eventually crack and no side can defend for extended periods without it sapping the petrol tank.

We have the cattle to win this whole thing. We have the experience in the big games. We just need to control possession and the wins will come.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7