Post-Game Discussion Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Roosters
Vs
Sea Eagles
26 Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I don’t know what people expect a coach to say.

Des mumbled & gave nothing away - complaints.

Seibold answers questions directly & doesn’t throw his players under the bus - complaints.

Are people expecting him to carry on like Ricky Stuart, calling opposition players digs & telling us he’s got a shed full of players who are all hurting?

What difference does it make anyway? Has anyone ever heard a coach say anything after a loss that would satisfy a pissed-off fan base?
Perhaps "I don't think we got the balance of the forwards right tonight. We'll address that at the next selection meeting. We do have some promising players in our NSW Cup team . . ."

Perhaps "I don't think we got the balance of the forwards right tonight. We'll address that at the next selection meeting. We do have some promising players in our NSW Cup team . . ."
He did talk about the forwards though - not in your words but he said we already had 3 of our starting middles out with injury (Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie) & with Lodge’s injury, we’re now down 4 starting middles.

What other middle forwards have we got that he could balance the team with?

Don't know which was worse, Manly's performance or the Channel 9 commentary team
They were unbearable, Gould was the worst but I was surprised the entire commentary team didn't just show up in rorters supporters gear from head to toe. I had to switch to Kayo who were only slightly less biased.

They were unbearable, Gould was the worst but I was surprised the entire commentary team didn't just show up in rorters supporters gear from head to toe. I had to switch to Kayo who were only slightly less biased.
Gould can be such a tosser.

In the first half someone brought up the subject of the chip & chase, & how Phil Blake used it so well.

Gould said Blake chipped over him 3 times in a game at Brookie & scored a try every time, then lamented that you never see the chip & chase now “When was the last time you saw the chip & chase?!? The 80s?!?”

About 40 minutes later, Schuster chips & chases & scores a try.

Gould: “He does this all the time!!!”

DCE is not over-rated. History will prove how wrong you are.
Yes, he was below par tonight, but at least he had a crack. There were another 10 players out there who just went through their paces, and they hadn't had the arduous season that DCE has endured. What other Manly player has played every minute of three SOO matches plus every minute of every possible Manly match this season? And I'll bet he is winning the Silvertails' MOM awards by a mile.
DCE will go down as the best halfback in Manly's history. I've seen them since the early 60's and we've had many champion halfbacks in that time. Tooves, Blake, Gibbs, Orford, Mayes to name a few.
It is irritating when I read such an uninformed opinion expressed as the one you proffered. I can only assume you were posting whilst angry at the overall woeful performance of the team. Whilst I was disappointed at the performance it was as I expected. The 17 selected were always going to struggle, and when Lodge was injured who was his back-up?
Woods.
Enough said.
I think there's a bit of baiting going on here @The Who.

Easy one ...... always the Channel 9 Commentary team. Thanks **** for the clowns on Fox
Yes they were generally deplorable. It would be funny if someone asked Bee Sting Face on air how his current little project - the Dishlickers are travelling - when Gould was dissing Manly.

Hmmm our forwards got smashed thats a reasonable enough excuse for a half to struggle. You clearly know nothing about football if you dont understand that.
Of course we got smashed in the forwards, as soon as Lodge left that was it. Not disputing that, I even commented on Schusters inability to weave his magic on the back of no go forward impact by Woods and Sipley. Maybe you got me confused with someone else...cheers..

They were unbearable, Gould was the worst but I was surprised the entire commentary team didn't just show up in rorters supporters gear from head to toe.
Speaking of biased commentary, reminded me of hearing Ginnane near the end of the game say that both teams are out of the 8 but the Roosters are now in 12th position so they still have a chance of making the 8. Umm...no mention of Manly actually being higher on the ladder and therefore still have a chance too.

I don't have much to add to what's already been said post-game, but I was at the game and it was extremely disappointing having travelled to my first and only away game this year. I think playing our 3rd game in 11 days took its toll and we were still hung-over from the DCE/Croker celebrations, which we should've put behind us. Then losing Lodge in the first 5 minutes and Sipley for the 10 minute sin-bin didn't help.

I heard James Graham comment during the game he thought the Roosters game plan was to play undisciplined footy and run the risk of being on the wrong side of penalties in order to frustrate Manly's attack. Interestingly, in Seibs' presser he more or less accused the Roosters of exactly that.

Anyway, on to next week which I'm dreading as I fear it's going to be a lot more disappointing than last night.

I don’t know what people expect a coach to say.

Des mumbled & gave nothing away - complaints.

Seibold answers questions directly & doesn’t throw his players under the bus - complaints.

Are people expecting him to carry on like Ricky Stuart, calling opposition players dogs & telling us he’s got a shed full of players who are all hurting?

What difference does it make anyway? Has anyone ever heard a coach say anything after a loss that would satisfy a pissed-off fan base?
Yep, Tooves and his "Oh come on, come on that's ridiculous. That's ridiculous! There's gotta be an investigation into this. There's gotta be, someone's gotta be held accountable for this!" press conference.

Yep, Tooves and his "Oh come on, come on that's ridiculous. That's ridiculous! There's gotta be an investigation into this. There's gotta be, someone's gotta be held accountable for this!" press conference.
Very true & definitely a fan pleaser!

In Regards to Tooves Emotional and Passionate Press conference feathered friend Jethro
On may rightly say that
The Manly people that Bleed for Manly must obviously Feel more for Manly

1691208004591.png

The

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11