• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
The club has nutritionists, GPS systems that monitor player performances, beep tests and apparently training during the week. . .
Our George has a very striking physique, to be sure, yet the very points you raise lead me to believe he is that size for a reason. I mean a football related reason! You know what a physical fitness nut Des has always been? He is getting very sophisticated in his planning, and the Big G might surprise a few when the whips are cracking. Des is planning his fitness regimes with the help of NASA scientists and they want George to get bigger before he gets smaller. That's my guess!

My thinking was,that des is using Einstein's theory of relativity,and is linking it scientifically with Newton's theory of gravity,to come up with George's shape.How those 2 theories = someone looking like they ate a 1/2 a sheep,I don't know!!!!

It's quite simple really, Des has discovered that the ideal shape to play football is  ... the shape of a football. George is the prototype, if it works our whole team will look like that next year.

What happens when he goes home?  Sits on the sofa feeding his face is my guess.  All the exercise and GPS thingys can't beat the mouth stuffing in private.

I'd love to own the Harland Sanders,maccas,red rooster or Eagle Boys(that one for Cam) franchise near Georgie!!

DSM5 link said:
What happens when he goes home?  Sits on the sofa feeding his face is my guess.  All the exercise and GPS thingys can't beat the mouth stuffing in private.

They need to keep the GPS on him and see how many times he goes to KFC. He looked bigger on monday night than he did a few weeks ago. Maybe Ballin needs to take him down to the beach in the mroning for some commando training or something. I wouldn't mind so much but he seemed to only play ten minutes in his first stint and isn't charging into the line like he used to.

Cletus link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=184427.msg281596#msg281596 date=1280922711]

They need to keep the GPS on him and see how many times he goes to KFC. He looked bigger on monday night than he did a few weeks ago. Maybe Ballin needs to take him down to the beach in the mroning for some commando training or something. I wouldn't mind so much but he seemed to only play ten minutes in his first stint and isn't charging into the line like he used to.
[/quote]

Rose, Gulavao and Perry are all now being trained by Zorba.  And don't the results show. 

It pains me but I have to agree with most of the posts in this thread. I thought he was close to our best forward last year and also this season before he was suspended and injured. He has not been anywhere near that player since coming back. He needs to shed 5-10kgs and get his attitude back.

I still have visions of twinkle toes Georgie stepping by the last line of defence and planting the ball over the line with that big grin on his dial. To be a real threat this season we need this player back.

George is not fat...he's just big boned.
Just quietly Galuvao is giving Big George a run for his money.

Just put him in one of the old style jerseys, not these modern day skin tight bloody things

I'd say he needs to lose 10 - 12 kilos to be any good.  He's fat and blows hard after a couple of hitups.  Then he lingers in the ruck, although he's not robinson crusoe in that department.  I just don't know what's going on in the front row department.  It looks like we're back to the bad old days when they were coached by Roach.   

At the GC function I put the hard word on Ballin to work on George and he asked me why, I told him that he was way too fat and looked unfit.  Ballin looked totally amazed and said 'really, do you think so?'  I told him to cancel his seat on the flight back and make him run back and he just laughed.  I reckon some of our players are a few screws loose at the moment.

MissKate link said:
At the GC function I put the hard word on Ballin to work on George and he asked me why, I told him that he was way too fat and looked unfit.  Ballin looked totally amazed and said 'really, do you think so?'  I told him to cancel his seat on the flight back and make him run back and he just laughed.  I reckon some of our players are a few screws loose at the moment.

Do you honestly think Ballin is going to agree and call his team mate a fatty?

[/quote]

No, in these PC days expecting honesty from a player is as unrealistic as expecting it from a politician.

Barry Hyland link said:

No, in these PC days expecting honesty from a player is as unrealistic as expecting it from a politician.
[/quote]

Would you call a good mate of yours fat and unfit to a stranger? Really?

Our season has gone downhill since Cross has been dropped off the bench. I think the bench should be Cross, Kite and Rose, with Bailey filling the utility position.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=184427.msg281592#msg281592 date=1280922203]
someone looking like they ate 1/2 a sheep
Perhaps it was a goat ;)

[/quote]

Nope, the goats obviously still alive. The photos are keeping some players in top grade.  ;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7