Rothfield’s Sunday Column - Who’s the player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sitting here in a cafe at Newcastle Uni and someone is smoking pot.....oh wait! sorry, was there a story here?
NYEagle

What are you on about ironstine? I was talking about Tommy T.
Never even mentioned Marty, lay off the sauce champ, it’s only Tuesday arvo.
My apologies. Rest of the thread was talking about Marty and I thought you were too.

If he goes Jake wont handle the workload and probably burn out by age 25.

I dont understand how a club can have these two and Api and we get pushed around the park every Sunday. Sure Siro is hurt but some bloke just arent digging in.

I saw glimpses on Sunday of what Thompson has to offer but we need more from him. He needs to be a leader.

To me Adin and Perrett could fall victim to the 6 interchange rule. They will need to lift their fitness and minutes dramatically or they will have to go. The game is about to change,and big time.

On Kapow - why does he run at full-speed for 29m and a metre before the defence he throws in a shimmy and loses his momentum?
And if he's the game's best off-loader why don't we have players to get these off-loads every time, rather than him throwing 8m to Mr Nobody?

A damn good player but wasted IMO.

On Kapow - why does he run at full-speed for 29m and a metre before the defence he throws in a shimmy and loses his momentum?
And if he's the game's best off-loader why don't we have players to get these off-loads every time, rather than him throwing 8m to Mr Nobody?

Over the years ive seem hard charging props end up getting brain scans well before time,maybe Marty is smarter than the average prop and is managing his time in the game,he is way better than Maria and nowhere near the thug

Generally this would be done to try and hit the defensive with your shoulder between defenders so you can continue your leg drive forward and possibly get an arm free .... running straight at a couple of 115kg defenders and getting hit front on is not effective ..

If he goes Jake wont handle the workload and probably burn out by age 25.

I dont understand how a club can have these two and Api and we get pushed around the park every Sunday. Sure Siro is hurt but some bloke just arent digging in.

I saw glimpses on Sunday of what Thompson has to offer but we need more from him. He needs to be a leader.

To me Adin and Perrett could fall victim to the 6 interchange rule. They will need to lift their fitness and minutes dramatically or they will have to go. The game is about to change,and big time.
AFB played 60min the other day. He has a pretty phenomenal motor at his current size. Still very young (he's 22). I actually think he's the prototype for what will be an in demand front rower. As he matures his motor will improve. Boyd and Paulo are the type you don't want to have.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8