Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 1 2022, cross-forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we call all collectively get behind Barrett failing miserably at the Bulldogs though

4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 19,135

Surely a stir up.

Comes into a forum with Broncos and Warrior fans, and predicts both teams to finish last and second to last?!

I know who I'm picking tomorrow night and its not Manly?!!!!!!!!!!

No. Just my honest opinion.
I studied the teams and who they have gained and lost. The Broncos have a really tough draw. They have gained two excellent players but also lost some good 'uns. The way they were thrashed by the 'Boys in the trial helped make up my mind. I know they can attack but they have lost their winning mindset.
As for the Worriers: Playing away from home each week must take its toll, although they were gallant last season. SJ looked well past his best in recent seasons so you must be hoping the jersey fires him up. You have lost your best player and your coach is lucky to have retained his position.
But, as I said originally, there are another 3-5 teams that I considered for the spoon.

9427.jpg
Toookey - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 3,061

2179.jpg
The Who - silvertails.net

No. Just my honest opinion.
I studied the teams and who they have gained and lost. The Broncos have a really tough draw. They have gained two excellent players but also lost some good 'uns. The way they were thrashed by the 'Boys in the trial helped make up my mind. I know they can attack but they have lost their winning mindset.
As for the Worriers: Playing away from home each week must take its toll, although they were gallant last season. SJ looked well past his best in recent seasons so you must be hoping the jersey fires him up. You have lost your best player and your coach is lucky to have retained his position.
But, as I said originally, there are another 3-5 teams that I considered for the spoon.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation
Interesting take, I think SJ averaged more forced drop outs than any other half and was in the top 3 for try assists over the last two years.
Smaller sample size due to his injury worries, but if SJ is to stay on the field for at least 15-18 games we will be in the mix for top 6-8.

Playing away from home - unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) that’s not really an excuse after these last 2 years, and I think we’ve trimmed the fat in regards to players who are actually missing NZ as home. For example out of this weeks team 12 are either Aussie or never played in NZ as a Warrior (will be more next week with Lodge and Walsh in the team).

I think how ever you look at it, you can make a case for Warriors finishing bottom 4, or pushing for a top 8 finish. I think we’ll finish 6th or 7th, but I guess we’ll see at the end of august

1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

Either way, I expect the Sea Eagles will start the season stronger now that the combinations have had a chance to gel and some of those SG Ball prospects have had a year to mature. I can't see them losing four straight and their tough opening draw has turned into a blessing now that Cleary is out. It's turned a probable loss into a probable win.

I doubt anyone is convinced that it's their premiership, but then again I don't think you can say the same for the Panthers, Roosters, Eels or Storm either.

Does anyone see any premiership bolters? Can the Sharks go another level now that they have a coach they believe in? It really seems like at this stage only five teams have a real shot with the rest doing well just to play finals.

22.jpg
mrblonde - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 5,604

With Fitzgibbon getting COVID, how long before we hear of a player passing COVID on to his team-mates and say "Finally, the idiot's passed something! Just a pity it's not the bloody ball!"

I've taken Buzz's "The Bulldogs don't use drones" warning to heart and have picked the Cowboys.

And as it was last season, my strategy for success in the Warriors' Knockout Tipping is this: Avoid tipping the Warriors for as long as possible...

The NRL Video Referee Says "WOOF! WOOF!" As It Taps It's White Cane...

22.jpg
mrblonde - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 5,604

With Fitzgibbon getting COVID, how long before we hear of a player passing COVID on to his team-mates and say "Finally, the idiot's passed something! Just a pity it's not the bloody ball!"

I've taken Buzz's "The Bulldogs don't use drones" warning to heart and have picked the Cowboys.

And as it was last season, my strategy for success in the Warriors' Knockout Tipping is this: Avoid tipping the Warriors for as long as possible...

The NRL Video Referee Says "WOOF! WOOF!" As It Taps It's White Cane...
I can't make it any more clear than saying "Barrett can't coach" might be able to individually coach a few players in a few positions, but can't coach a team to play like a team or coach all positions. He is at best an assistant coach. Gould has had a hard on for him for years, he was the one who pushed him to manly as "The next supercoach" I think by that he meant NRL super coach not an actual coach.

I am buoyed by the fact that now Gould is lumped with him. You could put the best team on paper together and Barrett would coach them to failure

Disappointed we lost both Addin Fonua-Blake and now Dylan Walker to you boys in New Zealand. Both in their primes, both outstanding quality players.

9427.jpg
Toookey - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 3,063

16.jpg
Ryan - silvertails.net

Disappointed we lost both Addin Fonua-Blake and now Dylan Walker to you boys in New Zealand. Both in their primes, both outstanding quality players.

Coulda been worse - I think we told Schuster he had first dibs at half if he wanted to sign, but knocked us back last year. Now that would have been something to celebrate

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

16.jpg
Ryan - silvertails.net

Walker is an outstanding player?

At least we got Sipley. And this could be his year, very happy he got the starting spot against Pennies.

6538.jpg
Noitall - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 8,277

801.jpg
SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net

At least we got Sipley. And this could be his year, very happy he got the starting spot against Pennies.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/
Do you think your sea eagles will cope this year if Tom Trbojovic gets injured. Think he’ll be a target for many teams after how they started last year when he was injured.

713.jpg
Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 11,246

I'd like to see Sipley have a good one, He always had something about him, just seemed to lack the lateral mobility.

I honestly think that the Warriors have one of the more balanced squads they have had in a long time. We have some depth too. Whether or not we have enough quality in the right positions is the question.

NZ boys I'm sorry to say in my opinion Nathan Brown will never take you guys where you need to be.
He's not much better than TBaz on the actual coaching bit. Funny they came up together must be something in the water down stmerge way.

9611.jpg
WarriorDave - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 927

26236.jpg
Eagle of London - silvertails.net

NZ boys I'm sorry to say in my opinion Nathan Brown will never take you guys where you need to be.

Thank god, because we really needed the spoon.
Sounds like we're in for a winning year!

6412.jpg
bangbros18 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 7,038

Okay......... Geoff Toovey picking warriors for wooden spoon because our halves don't make sense and we have lost some big forwards? Um can someone name these forwards?

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

6412.jpg
bangbros18 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 7,038

Okay......... Geoff Toovey picking warriors for wooden spoon because our halves don't make sense and we have lost some big forwards? Um can someone name these forwards?

Geoff Toovey isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, there needs to be an investigation into how he made it on to tv as an 'expert'.

9518.jpg
Jedhead - broncoshq.com

Isn’t it great to be in a week that ends with a real Broncos game?

The only drawback over the last couple of years with Friday night footy was that the poor results by our boys invariably left you feeling a wee bit flat for the rest of the weekend.

We not be world beaters now but I have a feeling Friday night footy will be a whole lot better this season.

Let’s go Broncos!

And always remember if your life seems dull and dreary..................it is!

6538.jpg
Noitall - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 8,277

Do you think your sea eagles will cope this year if Tom Trbojovic gets injured. Think he’ll be a target for many teams after how they started last year when he was injured.

Unfortunately we won't cope with any long term injury to Turbo. We might be able to tough it out for a month or so but any longer and we are cooked. Good luck to anyone who targets him illegally, he is worth just as much if not more to Rugby League in general and the hammer of the gods shall strike them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12