Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 1 2022, cross-forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 19,141

I reckon you can group the teams into 3 packs:

#1-6
Penrith
Souths
Roosters
Melbourne
Manly
Eels

#7-12
Warriors
St George
Titans
Cronulla
Canberra
St George

#13-16
Cows
Bulldogs
Newcastle
Tigers

Tigers for the SPOON. That team is diabolical. A team of 5 captains? How convenient. They can all points fingers at each other when they lose....

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
75.jpg
Defence - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 19,029

#1-6
Penrith
Souths
Roosters
Melbourne
Manly
Eels

#7-12
Warriors
St George
Titans
Cronulla
Canberra
St George

#13-16
Cows
Bulldogs
Newcastle
Tigers

Tigers for the SPOON. That team is diabolical. A team of 5 captains? How convenient. They can all points fingers at each other when they lose....
That would be something if at George finished 7th and 8th.
Still reckon they’d be out in the first week.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Why do Souths seem to be universally accepted to be top 6? They've lost Reynolds, Su'A, Gagai and a few others plus Bennett. Mitchell is a brain explosion waiting to happen at any given moment as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they either struggle to get going or run out of steam half way through the season.

I could well be completely wrong too but don't like a likely smashing of a second grade second grade Broncos team distort the fact they have lost a LOT.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 19,142

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Why do Souths seem to be universally accepted to be top 6? They've lost Reynolds, Su'A, Gagai and a few others plus Bennett. Mitchell is a brain explosion waiting to happen at any given moment as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they either struggle to get going or run out of steam half way through the season.

I could well be completely wrong too but don't like a likely smashing of a second grade second grade Broncos team distort the fact they have lost a LOT.

Some clubs have that culture of winning.

It something my club knows nothing about, and your club seems to have forgotten how to do.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 19,142

Some clubs have that culture of winning.

It something my club knows nothing about, and your club seems to have forgotten how to do.

Fair points but remember, our club used to have that winning culture until some players moved on and the head started to rot (for us it massively started with Bruno Cullen). I do not know if anything has changed at the top for Souths but every winning culture comes to an end...except the Roosters but they have no salary cap.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
the borg - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,769

A lot of the commentators are writing us off this year.. when looking at last year's results I would too.. however dig deeper and the Team was smashed with injuries and a few suspensions.. and halves that weren't good enough to close out games.. I reckon we'll do a lot better than most think and fly under the radar. Get past the dragons this week without Lodge and Walsh could be a start of a decent season...

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
6412.jpg
bangbros18 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 7,040

Any suggestions who could do a job for the warriors?

I'm actually thinking madge, Flanagan or ?

I think Flanagan could be a really good pick-up for you. There's just something about Brownie that screams good caretaker but really not top-shelf.

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
8927.jpg
Warriorsitsouryear - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 65

I was skeptical about Brown and things he did last year from rotation of players and positions to tactics and possibly not looking at the players strengths first when choosing a style of play. Looking back now - it looks like he had that free pass to do as he sees fit in order to start making a push this year.

I really liked what I saw in trial 1 but only having one trial concerns me as the Dragons ran their second trial like a must win game and therefore must be better primed for this one. They have a good looking 17 too without Burgess and Sims and the so called experts have nearly all been picking them in the 8. Our solace comes that outside our fans and our team.... we don't have pressure to perform. We are underestimated. 'Kenty' says SJ will add to depth but won't make a difference.They have only been mentioned in two out of 6 league shows this week and that's from a question from the public about SJ to Kenty and Alexander and Ennis both saying they won't make the 8.

All of that is great for us! We can win our first 5 games and people will still say we will miss the 8 and wait for us to slide... I am as excited as I have ever been and if we can keep AFB, Lodge, Walsh and SJ on the field in 85% of games - we surely will be in the 8! Frothing for the start!

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
636.jpg
Gizzyfan - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 15,419

You all make good points about Brown. However, as an assistant this year he has Stacey Jones running the attack. The last time he was an assistant was 2018 when they made the 8 and were only a forward pass off top 4.

Brownie has a bad habit of chopping and changing and second guessing himself. Hopefully he will do better this year, I have little confidence in Morgan but Stacey has 'the runs on the board'.

Broncos to improve, especially if Reynolds stays fit. Manly will go depending on Tom T. Warriors could be anything or nothing. I am picking that Souths, Newcastle and Titans to slip back a bit, how far is the thing. Of the top sides only the Roosters look stronger this year to me.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
1064.jpg
snake77 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 19,730

Soon as Buzz mentioned us for the spoon I threw a fiddy on us for the 8.
His picks always have two themes. He never rates the Warriors or forgets about us so picks us last and then comes us with a reason to justify it.

Every year the safest pick for the Warriors is 9-12 as we tend to usually be mid table and our top 8 hopes are often dashed in the last few weeks. If the journalists and Rothfield in particular did their homework that's where they'd be picking us most years.

Always picks the Sharks. This year he has them as big improvers and his reasoning is because they have signed a few players. Pretty much every team's fans can use that reasoning. Other years it's Sharks top 8 or premiership and they end up close to the spoon. Most journalists are either neutral or you need to listen hard to see which sides they have a soft spot for.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4635.jpg
roadrunner - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 840

Yes I've come out of hibernation to follow another spine tingling warriors season Can't wait for the 1st game to set the mood.Please keep the THIS IS OUR YEAR line to at least game 15.Lets bring it on diehard fans.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
1064.jpg
snake77 - nzwarriors.com

#1-6
Penrith
Souths
Roosters
Melbourne
Manly
Eels

#7-12
Warriors
St George
Titans
Cronulla
Canberra
St George

#13-16
Cows
Bulldogs
Newcastle
Tigers

Nice breakdown.

I have the comp broken down with the top tier or elite sites.
  • Panthers
  • Roosters
  • Storm - Get talked about falling but would be looking at that more next year if the Dolphins pick away more key players.

Then to make the 8 there are a number of teams that can make a case for the 8 or to be the biggest sliders. I'd rate these two sides above the others
  • Sea Eagles
  • Eels

Then there is a big group that can make the 8 and are likely fighting out for the last 3 spots. Can make a case for the top 3 listed to slide due to recruitment, key losses, new coaching, internal club strife.
  • Raiders
  • Sharks
  • Rabbitohs
  • Warriors
  • Titans
  • Dragons
  • Broncos
  • Knights

I'm not too convinced on these sides. Bulldogs have recruited well but probably need another year or two to build on that.
  • Cowboys
  • Bulldogs
  • Tigers

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4461.jpg
Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,571

Surely a stir up.

Comes into a forum with Broncos and Warrior fans, and predicts both teams to finish last and second to last?!

I know who I'm picking tomorrow night and its not Manly?!!!!!!!!!!
Broncos have fans? 🤣

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
1064.jpg
snake77 - nzwarriors.com

For tonight's game it will be interesting to see how Sean O'Sullivan goes. He will be in a better structured side than he has previously. He should have guys ready to run off him so hopefully none of those weird runs he did for us where he'd run off by himself with no support.

He has some players in the side that can create things or break tackles so should just need to guide the side around the field.

He is unlikely to push out their starting halves but it is still a good opportunity.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
defensivebomb - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 3,446

Thank god this day has finally arrived. I can now extract myself from the covid and political chat and focus on the good stuff.

Call me stupid, but I think we will go well this year. Walsh looks to have bulked up and we look to be playing a different style (based on the selections and trials).

How good to have SJ back.

These are the magical few days of bliss where we can dream about having a great team, until reality usually creeps in.

Over the preseason, which team has turned into dark horse and which team has shat the bed? Nobody truly knows until round 1 has been played.

• My bet is St George and the Cowboys will be tussling over the spoon
  • The Tigers will impress in the first few games before they start falling apart
  • Rabbitohs will slip down the rankings
  • Melbourne will be annoyingly resilient, despite losing players
  • Bulldogs will be big improvers, but still boring and can't score tries
  • We'll have some sort of controversy when we play the Raiders
I've told my wife that date kicks off on Saturday at 7:30. She didn't share the enthusiam

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Love this concept as value other fans opinions.

Have Manly competing for top 4 and the title and Warriors and Broncos both in the mix for 8th.

Currently have both just missing but anything can happen.

Broncos spine bar reynolds is green but if Nui/Cobbo, Mann and Paix can push through then they could make the 8 but probably a year early IMO.

Warriors IMO need Walsh to take another step forward as 2-5 dont inspure me greatly but admittedly I know little about the rookie centre and depth options there

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Agreed, I have them a chance of dropping out of the 8

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 19,144

Disco - silvertails.net

Warriors IMO need Walsh to take another step forward as 2-5 dont inspure me greatly but admittedly I know little about the rookie centre and depth options there

Unfortunately we’re a one step forward, two steps back type of club.

Katoa and JTB were two huge disappointments for me last year. CHT failed to also step up. Pompey was another one. Bunty Afoa. Papalii had to leave us to show his true talent. SJ has to leave us to show his true worth.

This year I expect to see big things from Walsh, Rocco Berry, Otukolo, Vailea and hopefully some of last years no shows will kick on and we scrape into the top 8.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

I agree.
I'm also not on the Chook bandwagon. They are in a mini-rebuild but for those stars who have been there a while, it might be hard to keep the fire burning, key blokes like JWH and Taukeaho.
A lot will depend on whether Keary can stay fit and Radley avoid suspension.
Having Tedesco, and Souths having Mitchell, they are always a chance but I don't see a grand final and indeed a bit of a slide for either or both wouldn't shock me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16