Round 14 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I just about have to agree Killer.

The 'Riff look certainties for the 8, and Parra are really putting their hand up...possibly at the expense of the Scum.

Wouldn't that be sweet, if Melbourne missed the finals!

Arthur is showing how good a coach he is, and how poor Ricky Stuart is at the same time.

He's turned that septic joint at Parra into a nicely motoring machine in less than a year!

To win without Hayne , Whoppa (and Peats) and away from Pirtek...well that's impressive for sure.

Forgot about Peats being out. I rate him massively. To then pick up De Gois too is a shrewd bit of recruitment.

Ricky Stuart....how is that guy still an NRL coach?

I think the scum are gone. They looked a bit of a shadow this year anyway (although capable of lifting, ie twice against us!!) and with Cronk gone and Smith and Slater struggling I can't see them picking up enough points through and post origin.

Penrith are top 8 certainties, not sure yet whether they are top 4 or just top8, but again well done to them and Ivan Cleary. Would like to see them play us or the Roosters at full strength before I make my mind up on them.

Yep someone else pointed out Penrith's soft draw so far, but they can only beat who's in front of em; and you can't be leading the comp at the halfway mark unless you're going OK.

Agree they'll be properly tested against us, and the Rorters, at full strength.

The Scum '' dynasty '' looks shaky indeed.

Absolutely, they haven't had 10 byes to be on 20 points, they've won their games and looked solid. What I like about them is the blend of experience and youth. Having Wallace and Soward in the halves, as well as Kitey in the forwards, and then you have Moylan, Mansour, Peachey etc.

The most pleasing thing for Cleary would be seeing Soward running the ball again. That's a really good sign. Personally he scares me more than any other player in broken play, his acceleration and pace off the mark is lightning. But he at times seems to lose that confidence.

Hope the Titans can give the Scum a touch up tomorrow night!

They've recruited really well haven't they?

They were a bit flat and patchy against the Dragoons last night, but they ground out the win

Several times they've scorched good teams too. And you can add Idris to that team as well (if Uncle Gus and co. can get him right).

Still think we'll beat em; and maybe next year they'll be even better.

Definitely hope the Titans add to the Scum's misery, too.

I picked the dogs as last time without hayne, the eels were just woeful.

Still happy with the result even though it's another bonus game gone bye-byes.

But as I get reminded of so much around here...I'm not actually pushing for a top 30 spot, much less a top 10 in the tipping so.......

Happy with the result!

Ditto for me there @globaleagle

I thought the Squeels would struggle, but it was the Dogs moreso.

Tonight either the Scum or Titans can join the Tigpies on 16 comp points. ( I've tipped the Scum; just don't like the look of the Titans yet again ).

Happy to be proven wrong yet again though.

That would be an enjoyable end to what's been a pretty forgettable round!

Apart from seeing the Dogs beaten, of course.

Both sides tonight are missing quality guys...I haven't yet seen whether Dave Taylor's been confirmed for Origin either.

Toss a coin though; just as likely to pick the winner there.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah Vossy's OK.

Crazy Fletch and Hindy aren't in HD!

(Don't you notice the difference).

I'm praying for a miracle from the Noughts.

fletch and hindy

sigh...

I don't know what the reaction in aust has been to their call but if it's positive, then I've really missed my calling in life.

Watched the foxsports 'high-lights' of those two and they are simply neither funny nor entertaining.

I've nothing against them personally (I hear they speak highly of me...) but they aren't funny. Certainly not standard def worthy.

RiverEagle said:
( I've tipped the Scum; just don't like the look of the Titans yet again ).

Thank goodness River, I was scared the Scum might win.

Ps Lussick might have trouble getting back into that eels outfit.

Alan said:
RiverEagle said:
( I've tipped the Scum; just don't like the look of the Titans yet again ).

Thank goodness River, I was scared the Scum might win.

Ps Lussick might have trouble getting back into that eels outfit.

Fair call again Alan.

It's like I tell global : "Carefully weigh up all factors, consider my tip...and do the opposite 2/3 of the time"

You can't go wrong mate.

Hate watching teams torn apart by injury & origin. It isn't a real contest. Titans woeful can't believe I tipped them again.

I like Flash, he always scores against us.

Titans may make us smile yet :) 10-10

Maybe there are snakes loose in the stands again :sleepy:

I think many of us expected the wheels to fall off the Titans sooner or later; and the Scum are just about the same now...lol.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2