Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 16 Cross Forum Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
8274.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]I bleed Maroon - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 17, 2013
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
While the Sticky meltdown is certainly gonna be gold, I think that last bit of play really emphasizes how AIDs the six again rule actually is. It has to go.

8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GKDonkey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
While the Sticky meltdown is certainly gonna be gold, I think that last bit of play really emphasizes how AIDs the six again rule actually is. It has to go.
Yes hopefully that really brings it to everyone's attention. It's so easy to exploit

9291.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Del - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 22, 2017
T Robinson the new Sticky Ricky .
Never his team`s fault they lost .

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
T Robinson the new Sticky Ricky .
Never his team`s fault they lost .
Never gets fined though...

He's been looking like a real whinger this year and it just so happens to coincide with his team sitting outside the 8

8274.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]I bleed Maroon - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 17, 2013

Heard B Smith say on tv that if Storm need a penalty instead of the 6-again you just have to 'accidentally' drop the ball. Shows how bad the rule is (and also how thorough Storm is in analysing every potential advantage).

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009

Heard B Smith say on tv that if Storm need a penalty instead of the 6-again you just have to 'accidentally' drop the ball. Shows how bad the rule is (and also how thorough Storm is in analysing every potential advantage).

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/
Yep... automatically becomes a penalty because the play has broken down.

The stupid thing about yesterday's dragons vs raiders game is that raiders wouldve taken the two on any penalty inside the 30m yesterday.... the ref should be aware of this and start calling penalties instead of 6 agains.

And the most stupid thing about yesterday and application of the 6 again as a whole... is that the ref has the discretion to call a penalty instead of a 6 again at any point.

It's been that way since it was brought in.

Calling a penalty does not need to automatically constitute a sin binning either.

The ref should've been aware that dragons would be slowing everything down and willing to give up 6 agains all day as there was about 90sec left when Canberra got down their end.

The NRL will do something stupid and be like... "ok from now on 6 agains will be penalties inside the last 5mins" and then there will be an issue where a 6 again is given 6mins from time... or teams will be happy to give up penalties all day instead of 6 agains when they have a lead of more than 2pts... like they used to.

It's all ****ing stupid when it's already there that it's at the ref's discretion to call a full penalty if they want to... and it doesnt need to be an automatic professional foul

2004.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Browny - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 8, 2008
Your asking the refs to apply common sense,

When in this round alone a push on kicker as he was kicking was a penalty and on report and another dangerous tackle when he’s sitting on his arse.

These idiots can’t apply common sense or feel for the game.

Its better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

9291.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Del - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 22, 2017
That penalty on sleepy Joe Offa ?
WTF was that for ? Tackling too hard ?

Why is the last five minutes of a match treated differently to the first 75 minutes?
The NRL's answer will be because it creates greater "entertainment". So why not treat the first 75 minutes like the last five minutes?
Wouldn't that give us an entire match that is entertaining?

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
Wait, did Robinson not get fined? For real? He called the ref’s performance not good enough and while this is true every game every round, how is that ok?

how's this, the video ref in yesterdays Tigers v Warriors game is married to a consultant employed by the Tigers. How is that ok?

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Wait, did Robinson not get fined? For real? He called the ref’s performance not good enough and while this is true every game every round, how is that ok?

It was far worse than that, he specifically said it was because it was the Roosters. How he's not fined we can only wonder. (er..maybe because its the Roosters?)

From about 3m35s ... "it wasn't a good enough performance, you still should be in a position, it's not going to happen in Roosters colours, that's not bias that's a fact, that you're not going to get those opportunities..."

how's this, the video ref in yesterdays Tigers v Warriors game is married to a consultant employed by the Tigers. How is that ok?
It's about as OK as Clarence and Ginni Thomas. In other words, about as not OK as you can get.

8833.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]tommy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2015
I don’t care if he’s bringing the game into disrepute, I just want to know where he gets off making those comments at all.,

Previously Tom

8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014
Ref made the right call at the end of the Dragons v Raiders game.

The double effort on Tapine could only be a set restart and Hunt's tackle on Starling couldn't be penalized because it's been proven he was square at marker and didn't break any rule.

Raiders fans blowing up over nothing.

1412667335.png

2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
He'll get another warning about a warning about a warning, I can't keep track how many "warnings" he's had. If he was on the field he'd have got 10 in the bin by now.

9052.jpg
Ref made the right call at the end of the Dragons v Raiders game.

The double effort on Tapine could only be a set restart and Hunt's tackle on Starling couldn't be penalized because it's been shown he was square at marker and didn't break any rule.

Raiders fans blowing up over nothing.
Well that's incorrect then.

It was one of the concerns specifically raised in the press conference when the stupid rule was first introduced back in 2020.

I can't find an exact report from back then, but it was along the lines of "What will stop a team from deliberately giving away six agains if they're up by 2pts with no time left?"

And the response was something along the lines of it being at the referees discretion to award a penalty instead of a six again if the situation warranted it.

When a team is down by 2pts and there's about 5 seconds left in the game I'm pretty ****ing sure they would prefer to get a penalty and take a shot at goal.

Hell if a team is down by 2pts and there's 10 minutes left in the game I reckon they'd want a penalty instead of 14 six agains on zero tackle.

2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008

It was one of the concerns specifically raised in the press conference when the stupid rule was first introduced back in 2020.

I can't find an exact report from back then, but it was along the lines of "What will stop a team from deliberately giving away six agains if they're up by 2pts with no time left?"

And the response was something along the lines of it being at the referees discretion to award a penalty instead of a six again if the situation warranted it.

When a team is down by 2pts and there's about 5 seconds left in the game I'm pretty ****ing sure they would prefer to get a penalty and take a shot at goal.

Hell if a team is down by 2pts and there's 10 minutes left in the game I reckon they'd want a penalty instead of 14 six agains on zero tackle.
What's stopping players from knocking on every 6 again for a penalty? I hope teams abuse it, we need to make a mockery of 6 again if it's any chance of going.

9052.jpg
What's stopping players from knocking on every 6 again for a penalty? I hope teams abuse it, we need to make a mockery of 6 again if it's any chance of going.
You have to be careful where you knock on though.

If you get a six again for say markers not square, but then decide to knock it on, then you're into the next play and the six again advantage is gone so you've just dropped it on tackle zero.

I think it happened this round where a team was awarded a six again and then stuffed up the play the ball and the advantage was gone.

8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014

They have the discretion to blow a penalty if it falls under professional foul, which that doesn't. Tapine doesn't help his situation by trying to milk it.

Then the tackle from Hunt afterwards, can't blow a penalty for a legal tackle.

1412667335.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10