Round 17 Manly V Dogs [Round 17 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles2nv said:
manlyfan76 said:
Tue, Jul 01, 2014 - 06:00PM
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles - Fri 4 July, 7:45pm (local), ANZ Stadium
Bulldogs
1 Mitch Brown
2 Corey Thompson
3 Krisnan Inu
4 Tim Lafai
5 Drury Low
6 Josh Jackson
7 Michael Ennis (c)
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Damien Cook
10 James Graham
11 Greg Eastwood
12 Tony Williams
13 Dale Finucane

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Tim Browne
16 Lloyd Perrett
17 Reni Maitua
19 Pat O'Hanlon

Coach: Des Hasler
Sea Eagles

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Jack Littlejohn
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Jamie Buhrer
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 James Hasson
16 Tom Symonds
17 Jason King

Coach: Geoff Toovey

With Josh Reynolds and Trent Hodkinson away on Origin duty, Michael Ennis and Josh Jackson move into the halves. Damien Cook has been named to start at hooker, while Aiden Tolman returns in the front row, pushing Sam Kasiano back to the bench. Greg Eastwoon shifts to the second row, and Dale Finucane starts at lock. Pat O'Hanlon has been added to an extended bench.
Just once change for the Sea Eagles, with Jack Littlejohn replacing Daly Cherry-Evans (Origin).

I'll be seriously peeved if we can't beat a depleted canterbury side.

Can we please add some space between the words Des Hasler and Sea Eagles.

The words Hasler and Sea Eagles that close together makes me cringe:-/

Fixed.

Mark from Brisbane said:
@Guzzler isn't too bad, just hope @Mr Invisible doesn't make a return, he's great at stirring the Possums!!

..If you ever risk fleas and go into the kennel Mark, you'll realise Mr I doesn't reserve his ridiculous statements to this site.

His posts over there confirm he's only rowing with one oar. :D

manlyfan76 said:
Eagles2nv said:
manlyfan76 said:
Bulldogs
1 Mitch Brown
2 Corey Thompson
3 Krisnan Inu
4 Tim Lafai
5 Drury Low
6 Josh Jackson
7 Michael Ennis (c)
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Damien Cook
10 James Graham
11 Greg Eastwood
12 Tony Williams
13 Dale Finucane

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Tim Browne
16 Lloyd Perrett
17 Reni Maitua
19 Pat O'Hanlon

Sea Eagles

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Jack Littlejohn
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Jamie Buhrer
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 James Hasson
16 Tom Symonds
17 Jason King

With Josh Reynolds and Trent Hodkinson away on Origin duty, Michael Ennis and Josh Jackson move into the halves. Damien Cook has been named to start at hooker, while Aiden Tolman returns in the front row, pushing Sam Kasiano back to the bench. Greg Eastwoon shifts to the second row, and Dale Finucane starts at lock. Pat O'Hanlon has been added to an extended bench.
Just once change for the Sea Eagles, with Jack Littlejohn replacing Daly Cherry-Evans (Origin).

Fixed.

Love the change :D

dowdz said:
manlyfan76 said:
Eagles2nv said:
manlyfan76 said:
Bulldogs
1 Mitch Brown
2 Corey Thompson
3 Krisnan Inu
4 Tim Lafai
5 Drury Low
6 Josh Jackson
7 Michael Ennis (c)
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Damien Cook
10 James Graham
11 Greg Eastwood
12 Tony Williams
13 Dale Finucane

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Tim Browne
16 Lloyd Perrett
17 Reni Maitua
19 Pat O'Hanlon

Sea Eagles

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Jack Littlejohn
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Jamie Buhrer
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 James Hasson
16 Tom Symonds
17 Jason King

Fixed.

Love the change :D

I think it's still too close to ''Sea Eagles'' !

Des-picable becomes more and more a Dog as the days pass.

Really lookin' forward to getting to another game, will be flying our flags high as well as popping into around bays 101-102 looking for the Manly fanatics & plenty of Maroon & White, to cheer along with them.

The usual; if we play well, with tough, solid defence, and the likes of Matty, Jamie, Keiran & Brett all play solidly, Jack will chime in beautifully and we'll beat 'em by plenty.

Go Manly!

Just to give people warning
On the weekly member update they said that there is a Hillsong conference out at all phones arena tomorrow night as well so just be mindful of that if you are driving out and intend to park out at Olympic park tomorrow!!
Cannot wait for the game!!
Us by no more than a converted try feel this one is going to go right down to the wire!!

Finally we get a live game up here in QLD!!!

Those Broncos supporters will watch the game and say to themselves " gee we are missing some great footy by following these stupid donkeys every Friday night".

Well......maybe not but they should at least look and behold greatness !!

davohan123 said:
On the weekly member update they said that there is a Hillsong conference out at all phones arena tomorrow night as well so just be mindful of that if you are driving out and intend to park out at Olympic park tomorrow!!
Us by no more than a converted try feel this one is going to go right down to the wire!!

Hillsong and converted in the one post! Subliminal messages.

manlyfan76 said:
davohan123 said:

Hillsong and converted in the one post! Subliminal messages.

Headphones will come in handy if you're anywhere near Allphones Arena.

Hope Manly concentrate, Gaz and Lozza have tipped us - could be a curse :s

Ennis is tipped to kick and turn the ball back inside.

Manly are tipped to go left all night as Sid is out.

Even Kimmorley tipped Manly , so I hope the expectation doesn't relax the Team :cool:

Well we better get used to it; we're getting tipped as Premiers left, right and centre now!

It's hard to say how this current squad will handle that, in the run home.

But if anyone can keep a lid on that it's Tooves!

Plus guys like Killer, Snake, Choc, Skivy, Matty B and our halves all have more than enough experience to guide the rest along.

It's exciting to me, and ultimately it's just a reflection of how good we really are.

Bring it on, starting with the Dogs!

Ennis at halfback against the Eels was as much a failure as Sandow to fullback was a success. A runaway coaching victory to Brad Arthur. Jackson to five-eighth (and at times centre in defence) was also a failure. There's no way Ennis will be halfback again. I expect Mbye to be halfback with Maitua to five-eighth and Jackson to the forwards (with probably Eastwood to the bench). Cook can also play half-back if Mbye doesn't return early from injury.

The Bulldogs will bait Jason King hoping for a brain-snap. Hopefully King just concentrates on playing football. I've been impressed with Corey Thompson's finishing...he's surprisingly strong for a small guy and has good footwork. Jorge will have to be careful not to be caught flat-footed against him. Both Thompson and Low however are short and vulnerable to bombs. Hopefully Littlejohn brings his kicking boots and proves a point against his former club.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Ashame both teams are not full strength
Manly has just beaten them, four weeks ago at full strength - so this should be a new challenge :cool:

Lafai needs ro be controlled, he is a great finisher, so hopefully the ball never goes wide to him :idea:

Surely we'll have an edge in the halves, whatever combo they run with...And Jack in his 5th or 6th 1st grade game?

(He and Foz were all smiles at training in the pics from the website; which was great to see!)

I do think it's more than ridiculous we're playing them again, so soon though.

Foz's non-stop laughing is a mystery. He has always been so serious, but since that Sharks game, you never see him without a huge grin :D

Im really looking to see JLJ again.
Its a shame that the NSW Games are always scheduled away from the NRL ones :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7