Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 19 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LittleDavey

broncosHQ
What do our Wahs and Silvertails friends think of all the fuss being kicked up about Origin depleted games all of a sudden?

Very convenient that Eels and Rabbits lose one impacted game a piece and now suddenly parts of the media are pushing for change.
Happens every year as soon as a non-Qld team is impacted. **** them and **** the NSWRL...I mean, the NRL. Wait, it's the same thing, nvm.

Miket12

NZWarriors
Brocko - BroncosHQ said:
What do our Wahs and Silvertails friends think of all the fuss being kicked up about Origin depleted games all of a sudden?

Very convenient that Eels and Rabbits lose one impacted game a piece and now suddenly parts of the media are pushing for change.
The NRL liked the old McIntyre system until the Warriors ruined it by finishing 8th and beating the MP‘s Storm in week one. Next thing, it’s changed.

The fact is club games have always been effected by SOO so I think they’d have a hard time deciding to change the draw now because of those two results.

Pukekohe_hard

NZWarriors
Brocko - BroncosHQ said:

If Origin players are the best players in the game then the Warriors must be at a disadvantage for all the games they play outside of the origin period since we have no origin players in our team.

Ever Hopeful

NZWarriors
Brocko - BroncosHQ said:

Origin doesn't belong in the NRL season as far as I'm concerned. Neither do 3 byes.

It does convolute the results, but then the Origin rounds have unearthed some superstar up & comers in the past. I think the Storm particularly have benefited from a couple of rounds to give their depth a crack.

I also agree with Bruce. Home and away. That way you don't have a team like the Raiders getting a good finals spot they don't really deserve on the back of a kind draw.

bruce

NZWarriors
Origin doesn't belong in the NRL season as far as I'm concerned. Neither do 3 byes.

It does convolute the results, but then the Origin rounds have unearthed some superstar up & comers in the past. I think the Storm particularly have benefited from a couple of rounds to give their depth a crack.

I also agree with Bruce. Home and away. That way you don't have a team like the Raiders getting a good finals spot they don't really deserve on the back of a kind draw.
back in the day many in the NSWRL did not want to play interstate. That was because it was from clubs not origin and because all the money was in Sydney NSW got all the good players.

Then when they decided to go for Origin many didn't want it...then they realised there was money in it.

kos

NZWarriors
The Bris Newscorp paper today was saying there will be an Origin game in Auck in 2027

Brother Faisal

NZWarriors

The quality NZ born rugby league player has never been more valued than now. Look at the storm, penrith and a few others, Quality Kiwi reps can sustain you during origin season due to their ineligibility hence why the need to continue to produce kiwi talent to supplement the nrl and their origin fixation

kos

NZWarriors
The article was wondering bout what time to
Play
9 pm Auck time
Is 7 pm Aus east coast time

Dean Lonergan thinks it’s great

kos

NZWarriors
The quality NZ born rugby league player has never been more valued than now. Look at the storm, penrith and a few others, Quality Kiwi reps can sustain you during origin season due to their ineligibility hence why the need to continue to produce kiwi talent to supplement the nrl and their origin fixation
I was at the Dolphins Titans game today - how many Kiwis did the Dolphins have. I got to 6 or 7 just looking at the players on the field

kos

NZWarriors
Super Freak - BroncosHQ said:
How the **** did Titans lose that one?

Even with their losses, they should have won.
Game of two cripple teams
Titans are a shadow with no Tino Mo or Fifita

kos

NZWarriors
I was at the Dolphins Titans game today - how many Kiwis did the Dolphins have. I got to 6 or 7 just looking at the players on the field
Even a 9 pm game midweek - I doubt they would fill it - work next day-and with the cost of living - how many could afford the ridiculous ticket prices

Brother Faisal

NZWarriors
they can honestly win you a few rounds during origin period. it helps to keep the dolphs afloat with a finals berth which would boost their brand

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16