Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 19 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Juju - NZWarriors said:
Have you had a run of 3 games in 11 days against glamour clubs this year?

Or even had 3 home games in 3 season.

And still come to a cross forum crying how hard it is being a Bronco.
Very self aware behaviour from a fanbase....
Pretty sure the initial complaint was how easy the raiders draw was and them being gifted a dream run to a top 4 spot.

Would NZ fans show up to Go Media Stadium at 10pm on a Friday night? Do the Broncos even benefit from playing "so many" Friday night games anymore? Why don't Warriors fans ever complain about the Origin schedule that benefits them greatly? Having an entire country to pick from? Must be Brisbane..

Cult - BroncosHQ said:
I do love how international travel is a problem but being based in Australia is also a problem.
I don't think you are quite getting it. You are supposed to be agreeing and telling us how everything is against us and only us and how great we are for putting up with it. I mean come on, why are the NRL not making allowances for us considering we wanted to be in the NRL but now find that we have to travel more than anyone else because we are based in NZ. Can't they just give us more home games or make those other teams meet us at Norfolk Island for our away games? Reality is that it is everyone else's fault that we have been **** for over a decade, obvioulsy. :rolleyes:

… anyway

The Raiders draw has been so soft allowing them to ride high in the top 8.

The Warriors and Broncs have earned their places in the top 8, with the NRL doing their best to sabotage our seasons. All power to us!

ZTop - BroncosHQ said:
How far is it across the ditch anyway? It's only a few hrs flight
There are rumours the NRL in their sabotage attempts make the planes do a loop around Perth before landing on the East Coast again.

It’s a conspiracy I tell you!

wizards rage - NZWarriors said:
There are rumours the NRL in their sabotage attempts make the planes do a loop around Perth before landing on the East Coast again.

It’s a conspiracy I tell you!
Haha, it's not out of the realm of possibility I tell you

Juju - NZWarriors said:
We literally had no away games during the pandemic, got told what a great sacrifice was made, and were rewarded how exactly?

Being allowed to participate in an Australian competition.

To the warrior bros, I would be interested on your thoughts in regards to your draw and if you are typically subjected to harder away trips, like travelling to say Qld every year?

I'd imagine your hardest away trip is to Nth Qld, especially if it's early in the year and then combined with a day game... is that a stock standard game you cop every year?

If so I would class that as some manufacturing in the draw.

On the flip side of that how often is a darling team like storm or souths required to travel up to Nth Qld for a day game in March.

I'd imagine your easier away trips would be Sydney... but also not sure what kind of timeslot you would normally get.

Friday 6pm is usually a poor timeslot in Aust, but that is bang on 8pm in NZ so I would think that slot suits warriors possibly more than any other team... except for the possibility of dewy or rainy conditions... whereas any game after 7.30 is poor scheduling given it's 9.30 in NZ and the game isn't finishing until 11.30.

I remember the 12pm Sunday game was quite often the warriors and I always liked that game... as it was typically a nice fast track in NZ to watch a typically exciting brand of football... but they've pretty well done away with that time slot unfortunately.

BroncsFan - BroncosHQ said:
To the warrior bros, I would be interested on your thoughts in regards to your draw and if you are typically subjected to harder away trips, like travelling to say Qld every year?

I'd imagine your hardest away trip is to Nth Qld, especially if it's early in the year and then combined with a day game... is that a stock standard game you cop every year?

On the flip side of that how often is a darling team like storm or souths required to travel up to Nth Qld for a day game in March.

I'd imagine your easier away trips would be Sydney... but also not sure what kind of timeslot you would normally get.

Friday 6pm is usually a poor timeslot in Aust, but that is bang on 8pm in NZ so I would think that slot suits warriors possibly more than any other team... except for the possibility of dewy or rainy conditions... whereas any game after 7.30 is poor scheduling given it's 9.30 in NZ and the game isn't finishing until 11.30.

I remember the 12pm Sunday game was quite often the warriors and I always liked that game... as it was typically a nice fast track in NZ to watch a typically exciting brand of football... but they've pretty well done away with that time slot unfortunately.

With exception to the Anzac game being in Melbourne year upon year, the draw is pretty standard. We used to cop Perth a bit.

The Warriors biggest issue is the known and accepted issue of international travel. Waiting in airports, delays, going through customs. In reality it adds fatigue, and costs the Warriors training time over the other teams in the comp. Over a season that adds up, especially when comparing it to, oh I don't know, a team in Bondi perhaps. But that is obviously a given with a Kiwi team in an Aussie comp.

5 day turnarounds are awful for the club, but every team gets them.

Yes, it would have been nice if we had been granted a few more home games this season, but this is a team that seems to play better league in Aussie anyway (making oppositions ripe for some finals ambushes).

Juju - NZWarriors said:
The Broncos have hardly left Queensland in the first 19 RDs - played two "away games" at Suncorp.

Are gifted the consistent Friday games year on year and still bitch and moan.

The NRL can't actually predict which team are going to be top 8 each year.

Maybe have a cry about the draw in a third not in a cross forum with a team 3 games in 11 days against 2022 Top 4 teams (and throwing in trans tasman travel)
FMD - not the old “hardly left Qld” chestnut again. Now do the Sydney teams.

I got in a Twitter fight with Buzz Rothfield once about the whole travel issue. He reckoned all the travel is an advantage over the Sydney clubs because it’s an extra chance to bond as a team. 🙄

Then he blocked me …

… anyway

The Raiders draw has been so soft allowing them to ride high in the top 8.

The Warriors and Broncs have earned their places in the top 8, with the NRL doing their best to sabotage our seasons. Full credit to our resilience!
It will only take 2 games that Raiders lose....then they will fall out of the 8. There PD is going hurt them in a month's time, for sure.

ivanhungryjak - BroncosHQ said:
FMD - not the old “hardly left Qld” chestnut again. Now do the Sydney teams.
Broncos have left Queensland 5 times this year to date. (Rd 2 to Rd 6 were all at suncorp heheheh)

I had a quick look at 3 teams only - both Manly Roosters - they have left 4 times despite being in a state with 10 teams.

The Bunnies have left NSW 7 times to date.

So excuse me if the woe is me schtick about the draw seeming a bit pathetic.

The Broncos are definitely not hard done by with scheduling or the draw.

One of the big things about the travel is we lose a days recovery and often a days prep but theres not much we can do about the travel really- just gotta suck that up.
It would be nice if they if took the time difference into consideration though- the late games are killers for the tv audience in nz and must be a bit of a mind fark for the players- slipping on the boots when theyre normally slipping on the PJs...

The late-night games have become a rarity for us now which is a good thing. We now get got lots of 6 pm AEST Friday, 3 pm AEST Saturday and 2 pm AEST Sunday which are personally my favorite viewing times for each of those days.

Juju - NZWarriors said:
The Broncos have hardly left Queensland in the first 19 RDs - played two "away games" at Suncorp.

Are gifted the consistent Friday games year on year and still bitch and moan.

The NRL can't actually predict which team are going to be top 8 each year.

Maybe have a cry about the draw in a third not in a cross forum with a team 3 games in 11 days against 2022 Top 4 teams (and throwing in trans tasman travel)

Juju - NZWarriors said:
Broncos have left Queensland 5 times this year to date. (Rd 2 to Rd 6 were all at suncorp heheheh)

I had a quick look at 3 teams only - both Manly Roosters - they have left 4 times despite being in a state with 10 teams.

The Bunnies have left NSW 7 times to date.

So excuse me if the woe is me schtick about the draw seeming a bit pathetic.

The Broncos are definitely not hard done by with scheduling or the draw.
To be fair to Bunnies they have sold their home games away and more are coming, that is a them problem.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8