Round 2 Player Ratings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Ok, here is my own personal take on our team today.....

Tom Trbojevic - 8/10. Our best player today by a country mile.
Akuila Uate - 6/10. Started well but went missing after 30 minutes.
Dylan Walker - 4/10. WAY too much arm grabbing defense and cross field running. Then there is the goal kicking.....
Brian Kelly - 6/10. Outshone his more experienced centre partner.
Jorge Taufua - 5/10. Ran hard, but his dropped ball in the 2nd signaled a 20 point onslaught.
Blake Green - 4/10. Sin bin killed our first half. Arm grabber in defense.
Daly Cherry-Evans - 5/10. Kicking game has deserted him lately.
Brenton Lawrence - 7/10. Never gave up in a much improved performance.
Api Koroisau - 4/10. Not good enough for first grade IMO.
Nate Myles - 4/10. Mr Plod is getting slower. At least he can tackle.
Frank Winterstein - 3/10. 3 hit ups for 28 metres is not nearly enough.
Curtis Sironen - 3/10. One trick offload pony with not much else.
Jake Trbojevic - 7/10. Along with BJ, Manly's only true forward today.

Cameron Cullen - 6/10. Not bad. He and Hastings should be there permanently replacing Brown and Api.
Lewis Brown - 2/10. How he is a current international and first grader would make for an episode of Great Mysteries of the World.
Jarrad Kennedy - 2/10. 4 hit ups for just 11 metres with 19 tackles and 5 missed tackles. WTF?
Bill Bainbridge - 4/10. Made 15 metres from his first hit up but didn't get much time to do anything.

Trent Barratt - 3/10. Hampered by a lack of props, but to have 2 lightweight back rowers on the bench with 2 lightweight utility players is criminal.

Make if that what you will.

Dylan Walker - 4/10. WAY too much arm grabbing defense and cross field running. Then there is the goal kicking.....
Jorge Taufua - 5/10. Ran hard, but his dropped ball in the 2nd signaled a 20 point onslaught.

Cameron Cullen - 6/10. Not bad. He and Hastings should be there permanently replacing Brown and Api.
Lewis Brown - 2/10. How he is a current international and first grader would make for an episode of Great Mysteries of the World.
Jarrad Kennedy - 2/10. 4 hit ups for just 11 metres with 19 tackles and 5 missed tackles. WTF?
Bill Bainbridge - 4/10. Made 15 metres from his first hit up but didn't get much time to do anything.

Trent Barratt - 3/10. Hampered by a lack of props, but to have 2 lightweight back rowers on the bench with 2 lightweight utility players is criminal.

Pretty much spot on mate. Take the Turbo's out of that side and we lose by 40.

Here's mine:

1 Tom Trbojevic

Tried hard, did his best, bleeds Marroon

2 Jorge Taufua

Not good enough, drop balls and to slow, it's time to go

3 Dylan Walker

****, pure ****, can't tackle, a liability

4 Brian Kelly

Good to see him trying is best, seems a decent defender as well

5 Akuila Uate

Not to bad at all, needs to get more involved still

6 Blake Green

Storm reject, not good enough

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

Not good enough for his pay packet

8 Brenton Lawrence

Tries hard

9 Api Koroisau

Not good service for a 9

10 Nate Myles

Sir Plod, it's time to retire, zero impact

11 Frank Winterstein

Didn't do much

12 Curtis Sironen

Needed to be more involved

13 Jake Trbojevic

Shinning light week in week out, can we have 17 of him?

Interchange

14 Cameron Cullen

Better than Api at 9

15 Lewis Brown

**** **** **** how is he in this team??? A disgrace to the jersey

16 Jarrad Kennedy

Looked ok

21 Billy Bainbridge

Did he get on?

Trent Barrett

The biggest pile of **** coach ever, sack this muppet

Between them, BJ and Jake took the same number of hit ups (22) as Myles, Winterstein, Sironen, Brown, Kennedy and Bainbridge combined.

BJ and Jake also combined for 234 running metres. That other lot combined for just 160.

BJ and Jake also combined for 1 missed tackle. The others named combined for 12.

We had 2 forwards out there today.

Here's mine:

1 Tom Trbojevic

Tried hard, did his best, bleeds Marroon

2 Jorge Taufua

Not good enough, drop balls and to slow, it's time to go

3 Dylan Walker

****, pure ****, can't tackle, a liability

4 Brian Kelly

Good to see him trying is best, seems a decent defender as well

5 Akuila Uate

Not to bad at all, needs to get more involved still

6 Blake Green

Storm reject, not good enough

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

Not good enough for his pay packet

8 Brenton Lawrence

Tries hard

9 Api Koroisau

Not good service for a 9

10 Nate Myles

Sir Plod, it's time to retire, zero impact

11 Frank Winterstein

Didn't do much

12 Curtis Sironen

Needed to be more involved

13 Jake Trbojevic

Shinning light week in week out, can we have 17 of him?

Interchange

14 Cameron Cullen

Better than Api at 9

15 Lewis Brown

**** **** **** how is he in this team??? A disgrace to the jersey

16 Jarrad Kennedy

Looked ok

21 Billy Bainbridge

Did he get on?

Trent Barrett

The biggest pile of **** coach ever, sack this muppet
I was really happy with Taufua and Uate today, thought they took the responsibility forwards like Myles and Kennedy needed to take. Thought Green and DCE did OK considering the shocking platform provided from a majority of the forwards. Agree otherwise, really shattered me today

Fitness of these players was evidently poor, hopefully more game time will improve this but just generally upset with this ****ty performance for the proudest club there is

Taufua and Uate ran well, no argument there. But considering the attack Souffs ran at the edges for most of the game.....neither made a tackle.

Interesting that people bag DCE relentlessly,due to his pay,yet in the same breathe say other than 2or3 players,they are hopeless.DCE played well today and would of had a few more try assists if some players knew what lines to run.Add that to having to tackle Sam Burgess all day and I think he deserves a bit of slack,despite his pay

Between them, BJ and Jake took the same number of hit ups (22) as Myles, Winterstein, Sironen, Brown, Kennedy and Bainbridge combined.

BJ and Jake also combined for 234 running metres. That other lot combined for just 160.

BJ and Jake also combined for 1 missed tackle. The others named combined for 12.

We had 2 forwards out there today.
Bit harsh on Kennedy and Bainbridge seeing as they didn't get much game time. Thought the pair of them were good in defence.but don't get me started on the others

Make if that what you will.[/QUOTE]
A mobile light weight team need not be a weakness. We didn't even try to play to our strengths and do a lot of dummy half runs up the middle.

Thank God for the Turbos. Jake was the only one out there actually hitting in defence, I saw a lot of cuddling and jumper grabbing from others. BJ tried hard with his hit ups, but there wasn't much else. We just can't seem to get any forward roll on or any sort of impact through the middle. We just don't have a dynamic forward pack.

Tommy is a gun. We should all say a little thank you prayer before going to bed each night.

Penalties 7-3 to Souffs at our home ground!
Possession 60% to Souffs.
Down to 12 men for a 10 minute sin-bin - for what?
Only a good team can overcome those odds. We may have been able to if we'd had our two starting props, Lussick, Buhrer, Parcell, T-Red and Toovey still in/on our side. But our retention and recruitment 'gurus' punted quality for other clubs' cast offs. Of all our recent signings I feel the one that was bagged the most - Uate - has been the best, along with Kelly, of course.

Gee I miss Kite and King. And dare I say, even the fumbly dynamic Whatmough. We were blessed with a well-balanced pack that was hard, solid, intimidating and dynamic. The front row (with Ballin) provided those first three qualities in abundance. Then with Whatmough and Gifty we lost nothing of the toughness, but added dynamism in buckets. And those blokes follow a long line of hard-nut quality forward packs over the decades.

When I look at Myles as our supposed experienced hard-head, I just shake my head.

Bit harsh on Kennedy and Bainbridge seeing as they didn't get much game time. Thought the pair of them were good in defence.but don't get me started on the others

Kennedy was hopeless mate, plain and simple. Billy I'm prepared to cut some slack with because when he came on was when Souffs were running away with the game and there wasn't much he could do to stop it.

Gee I miss Kite and King. And dare I say, even the fumbly dynamic Whatmough. We were blessed with a well-balanced pack that was hard, solid, intimidating and dynamic. The front row (with Ballin) provided those first three qualities in abundance. Then with Whatmough and Gifty we lost nothing of the toughness, but added dynamism in buckets. And those blokes follow a long line of hard-nut quality forward packs over the decades.

When I look at Myles as our supposed experienced hard-head, I just shake my head.

At their best Choc and Gifty were international quality back rowers. Neither Winterstein or Sironen are anywhere near that category and its doubtful they ever will be.

you're having a laugh if you think Cullen was effective. He tried his arse off but he is not a hooker. He got smoked by George Burgess' footwork; beaten all ends up. He kept going in for tackles and bouncing off...you can't do that at 9. People talk about Api's service, this Cullen threw most passes above players heads. He was rubbish. I actually think Leary was better when thrust into the 9 last year.

Also, Jarrad Kennedy, for a defensive player, he sure can't tackle. I hope I never see him in FG again.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8