Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 26 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The knight's playing good footy and understandably excited by the position they're in.

But it just gives the vibe of a team playing their grand final the past 6 weeks to get into the finals and may have run their race come September.

Just the emotion they're showing at securing a top 8 spot in the second last round isn't something you see from a team with who's eye is on taking out the flag. More so from a side who are simply happy to play finals footy.

They really remind me of the Eels in 09 tbh. A few more players than just the FB though obviously.

Corey Horsburgh is heading to the judiciary to challenge his charge (grade 1 shoulder charge)

JWH is also heading to the judiciary seeking to have his grade 2 dangerous contact charge downgraded ... If successful he'll get a $3k fine instead of 3 weeks ... He has entered the early guilty plea for his other charge.

Corey Horsburgh is heading to the judiciary to challenge his charge (grade 1 shoulder charge)

JWH is also heading to the judiciary seeking to have his grade 2 dangerous contact charge downgraded ... If successful he'll get a $3k fine instead of 3 weeks ... He has entered the early guilty plea for his other charge.
It would be yet another "Grade 2". Seriously, how many Grade 2 charges should one be allowed to get before it becomes clear that they're not changing their style for the safety of other players? I don't care that he is already serving 3 weeks, he should go away and practice not being a grub. They should do the same for NAS.

Here's a serious question to you Bronco fans.
Are you concerned about Reece Walsh's defence?
He is a fantastic attacking player and very brave, but he does miss a lot of tackles.
His attacking skill has definitely outweighed his defensive shortcomings so far, yet as we all know finals matches are much tighter and defence becomes more important.

He is a fantastic attacking player and very brave, but he does miss a lot of tackles.
His attacking skill has definitely outweighed his defensive shortcomings so far, yet as we all know finals matches are much tighter and defence becomes more important.
No

In some circumstances he has been poor, but in others, like against Melbourne in Round 11, he has been pretty good. He's been working very hard on it, and he's a really great director from the back, so few breaks make it to him in any case. He's on an upward trajectory, and against Canberra the only poor effort was on Hudson Young, where he was up too fast and put himself alongside, rather than in front.

The Raiders game is literally the only game where I've though "Walsh should have had him there". I was legit surprised how Nick "Jersey deliberately 3 sizes too small" Cotric was able to get through. Otherwise his positioning and efforts have been really good all year.

If you’re that worried about your fullbacks defence then you should be livid with the front line.

The Raiders game is literally the only game where I've though "Walsh should have had him there". I was legit surprised how Nick "Jersey deliberately 3 sizes too small" Cotric was able to get through. Otherwise his positioning and efforts have been really good all year.
Cotric was breaking tackles moving them up the field before that. He was still going strong, Walsh coming across fast and Cotric stepped back inside just enough to put Walsh off and get on his inside shoulder. Was a hard cover tackle to make on a bigger man.

I'm not worried.

Go look at any fullbacks stats in defence, you'll find they miss more than they make. Usually if a player is one-on-one with a fullback, most of the time that fullback is being beat.

I'm not worried.

Go look at any fullbacks stats in defence, you'll find they miss more than they make. Usually if a player is one-on-one with a fullback, most of the time that fullback is being beat.
The truly great fullbacks are good in defence. Of the current group Teddy, Edwards and Turbo (when playing) tick that box. I have noticed a weakness in Walsh's defence, but I admire all you Bronco supporters for backing your man.

The truly great fullbacks are good in defence. Of the current group Teddy, Edwards and Turbo (when playing) tick that box. I have noticed a weakness in Walsh's defence, but I admire all you Bronco supporters for backing your man.
He's stopped a few tries this year with his one on one defence as well

Tesi was in for all money in the first game against dolphins. Pretty sure he also stopped Tommy Dearden in Round 2 just short of the line.... there's been a few more where he's shepherded them to the sideline and made legs tackles as well.

His 1v1 defence has actually surprised me this year.

There were times where it looked like he was being found out, first game against raiders where Rapana went over because he took off too quickly, but overall he provides great communication from fullback and defusing kicks (grubbers and bombs), which is the main defensive aspects I want from my fullback.

Our defence is second in the comp (I believe) and Reece has played a huge role in that... Billy flagged it as one of his huge improvements and why he was confident of picking him in origin... and he's also improved his actual tackling compared to the absolute **** show he was at warriors last year.

He missed a couple against raiders, but I suspect he has one eye on the finals and wanting to make it through as healthy as possible.

Why wouldn’t we back our man, because he missed a couple of tackles? He’s still very young in his nrl career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8