Round 26 Sea Eagles vs Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
torana355 said:
Well we secure a top 4 spot, am i the only one that feels disappointed with the second half?

Yep ;)
Hopefully my worries with our second halves are not an issue in the semis. It would be heartbreaking to get a good lead next week only to lose it in the second half.

havnt even bothered to turn up in a 2nd half in the last 3 weeks and are trotting it in.

We are in damn good shape to bring it home.

Bring on the finals where we WILL play 80 minutes

Kiwi Eagle said:
torana355 said:
Well we secure a top 4 spot, am i the only one that feels disappointed with the second half?

Yep ;)

It is called self preservation - did not matter how much we won by - just remain injury and judicary free was the aim of Round 26 as far as I am concerned.

That will do me. A bit scrappy, but top 4 is a great result considering where we were 6 weeks back.

George in for Darcy for the finals.

Bit frustrated with T-Rex's standing starts. Need to get him hitting the ball at speed.

How exactly do you propose we put them away with stuff all possession ?

Ballin 57 tackles, Kite 46, big efforts

How bad was the officiating of the ruck and 10m? The hold downs were so slow & obvious but no penalties to Manly. In that 2nd half I swear everytime the Manly dummy half passed the ball the Titans were on the receiver just as he got the ball - how is that possible under a supposed 10m rule?

That was fun. Ended up going with my nephew as other family members were sick. My first and only live match for 2012 and a Manly win. Love it.
I have no idea what was going on with the refs in that second half. Ridiculous. How did Manly not get a penalty when they took out Cherry?
Doesn't matter. Manly won which is great and it was heaps of fun in the away supporters bay, even we we're practically on the roof.

Good to hear you made it to the game and had a good time Nicci. How did your nephew enjoy the game, is he a Manly fan too ?

We will need to lift next weekend, but I was satisfied with that result. A couple of things to remember:

1. They had 57% of possession
2. We made 75 more tackles than they did
3. They won the penalties 7-3
4. They had 21 offloads
5. The referees were utter utter crap
6. They had 34, yes 34 more tackles in our 20 than we had in theirs

And we still won, with no injuries (Choc is Ok) and no suspensions.

Ralphie said:
We will need to lift next weekend, but I was satisfied with that result. A couple of things to remember:

4. They had 21 offloads

Even when Titans had all the possession and field position we couldnt score. I think thats were our coaching comes into question. Carty provides no attacking structure to the team and it was evident from last night.

I think we can agree that refereeing for both teams was horrible. Titans have a big off season ahead of them in terms of attacking and scoring tries cos the attack was disgraceful. Seemed like there was no intent to score and that just pisses me off. Our defence is the only thing that wins us games nowadays. But Snake always finds a way through...

Also Titans had about 21 offloads and Manly had like 4 offloads.

Anyways good win to you lads. Good luck for finals footy.

Titans Fan said:
Ralphie said:

4. They had 21 offloads

Even when Titans had all the possession and field position we couldnt score. I think thats were our coaching comes into question. Carty provides no attacking structure to the team and it was evident from last night.

I think we can agree that refereeing for both teams was horrible. Titans have a big off season ahead of them in terms of attacking and scoring tries cos the attack was disgraceful. Seemed like there was no intent to score and that just pisses me off. Our defence is the only thing that wins us games nowadays. But Snake always finds a way through...

Also Titans had about 22 offloads and Manly had like 4 offloads.

Anyways good win to you lads. Good luck for finals footy.

You guys were also dudded by a few calls. The refereeing was horrible yesterday.

TokyoEagle said:
Good to hear you made it to the game and had a good time Nicci. How did your nephew enjoy the game, is he a Manly fan too ?

He's a Melbourne boy. He goes for the bombers but he wore his dad's Manly jersey and cheered his support with the Manly crew. He did well. I pre-warned him that his Auntie would probably be noisy and she was but he loved it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6