Round 26 Team list - Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Team list - Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
31/08/2010 4:14:49 PM

The Sea Eagles will clash with the Canterbury Bulldogs this Sunday afternoon in their last regular season game at Brookvale Oval.

Take a look below to see who's been named in the NRL, NYC and Queensland Cup sides.

Quantum Sea Eagles First Grade team:

Ben Farrar
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Tony Williams
Kieran Foran
Trent Hodkinson
Jason King
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Joe Galuvao
Chris Bailey

Josh Perry
Matt Cross
George Rose
Jamie Buhrer

Coach: Des Hasler

Alsafe Security Sea Eagles NYC team:

William Hopoate
Blake Davey
Josh Portlock
Dean Whare
Michael Oldfield
Scott Blanch
Gary Riccardi
Magnus Stromquist
Liam Higgins (c)
James Cunningham
Nathan Clarke
Lama Tasi
Josey Hawkins

Ryan Lippiatt
Brad Bennett
Mitchell Jowett
Sione Fakahua
Jason Annear

Coach: David Penna

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=29756&team-list---sea-eagles-vs-bulldogs

why do they bother with buhrer, i know hes young but des doesnt have faith in the kid, so why sit him on the bench for the whole game, put seu seu in !

Bulldogs: 1. Luke Patten 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley 8. Chris Armit 9. Michael Ennis 10. Ryan Tandy 11. Michael Hodgson 12. Andrew Ryan [C] 13. Gary Warburton
Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Blake Green 16. Ben Hannant 17. Ben Barba

Referees: Shayne Hayne and Gavin Badger; Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis and Paul Holland; Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Guess we could bribe Tandy!
It looks the best option to beat what looks on paper to be a stronger squad than us.

Barry Hyland link said:
Guess we could bribe Tandy!
It looks the best option to beat what looks on paper to be a stronger squad than us.

Agreed. Dogs have a strong looking squad on paper. You would hope with our season on the line we will fire up.

Copa Eagle link said:
why do they bother with buhrer, i know hes young but des doesnt have faith in the kid, so why sit him on the bench for the whole game, put seu seu in !

Did you watch the Roosters game at all?

Team is fairly standard, I'd expect Cross or Perry to drop off the bench. Still a great effort by Perry to get back this soon.

Bailey & the halves will need to stand up in this one. Should be interesting to see where we stand without either of the Stewies in the 17

Gazza link said:
hey wolf, i hope they both stay on the bench! I dont want to see us playing with 3 reserves  :)

Haha, poor old Buhrer.

He did get a decent run against the Rorters though to be honest. He's got a bit of ticker about him which might be what the pack listed above is lacking.

Never going to be the best player but at least he gives it a go.

Just remember guys, everyone (including me) used to say Glenn Stewart was too small, he was too green, got hammered all the time etc, until he finally got a bee in his bonnet & killed it.

I see a lot of Glenn  Stewart in Buhrer.

People demand Des give kids a go, and when he does, he gets hammered for it. I reckon the kid has a heap of potential to be honest. Look at last weekend, compared to his first game. Now times that improvement by 20 odd games, and what do you have???

Glenn Stewart clone I tells ya.

Buhrer was the player that Werea - Hargreaves kept running at. Buhrer did remarkably well to take him down with vigour on a number of occasions. He seems quite nippy as well. Shows some ticker. Give him a go!

I have some concerns about Kite. Even if he plays, he will be battling to come out as strongly as he was going before. I hope Perry is not named merely as a smokescreen, it would be a really good week for him to be available.

We'll struggle without both Stewart & Rodney ( 2 forwards with high work rates ). Our halves need to step up this week and control the game. I'm quietly confident we can still beat the Dogs this Sunday.

Even if we happen to lose , providing the Dragons beat the Homebush Hares on Sunday night , we still qualify.....right ?

Nevertheless , hopefully a victory on Sunday may match us up against the Tigers at the SFS or a depleted Panthers at The Riff. Certainly a better outcome than playing Saints at Kogarah.

Geez, some of you call yourselves Manly fans and are hoping the team loses rather than have faith in the 17 that will play to go out and win. Go and support the Sharks instead. I still have not given up hope of playing and winning the Grand Final. The last 3 games, our forwards have killed it out there. Against the Dragons, we had most of the ball in the first half, and it was a couple of dud refereeing decision that changed the game. Same with the Roosters game. he evidence is in the metres gained - take away the Roosters long range tries, none of their forwards went pas 85 metres, whereas we had 3 over 100 metres, and T-Rex with 150 plus.

If we get the right calls and luck, we can beat any of the top 8 teams. And I still have faith that we will win. Even if we lose or are losing, I don't fu*king come out on the Manly fans forum, which is for Manly fans, and HOPE THAT MY TEAM LOSES. They are supporters in disguise.

I am just getting pissed off with reading posts that we are doomed and we will lose blah blah blah. So instead of the negative attitude, go out there and support the team.

I agree we don't need total negativity yazman but if you seriously think we can win a GF I want the stuf you are smoking/drinking/injecting and I want it now.

no team has ever won from 7th and we have half our side out/the other half injured and 2 20 year old halves.

wildly optimistic posts are just as crazy as the world is ending stuff.we have had a tough year,we had a dig,came up short and we will be in there fighting in 2011.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8