Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 3 2024 Cross forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
{53797}{}{sydneywarrior92}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{104}{536}{
OK I changed my mind, Knights smashing Storm is a good result. Storm beat us, we beat Knights proving beyond doubt we're a level above both of them. Desperation and cognitive dissonance does funny things to a man.
I really don't think you can compare the same team across two different weeks. If this week's sharks and storm had played us, we would have pumped both and be currently top of the ladder. A week is a long time in rugby league.}

{53801}{https://cdn-1b8d.kxcdn.com/data/avatars/l/0/92.jpg?1693908638}{Worried2Death}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{1,880}{5,366}{
I really don't think you can compare the same team across two different weeks. If this week's sharks and storm had played us, we would have pumped both and be currently top of the ladder. A week is a long time in rugby league.
Makes it the greatest comp in the world, the Tigers can put 30 on a team one week and somehow the fukn cows are top the ladder, what a time to be a wah}

{53802}{}{sydneywarrior92}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{106}{537}{
Makes it the greatest comp in the world, the Tigers can put 30 on a team one week and somehow the fukn cows are top the ladder, what a time to be a wah.
Cows have had the softest start to the draw you can imagine. They will get pegged back in the next couple of weeks when they play some stronger sides.}

{53808}{https://cdn-1b8d.kxcdn.com/data/avatars/l/0/92.jpg?1693908638}{Worried2Death}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{1,880}{5,368}{
Cows have had the softest start to the draw you can imagine. They will get pegged back in the next couple of weeks when they play some stronger sides.
Broncs, bunnies and tits all in deep **** early season, it's a shame when your rivals have such bad luck.
I feel for them, but the footy gods work in mysterious ways, what a time to be a wah.}

{53809}{}{sydneywarrior92}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{109}{542}{We are building nicely when compared to the other teams. Sure we haven't put anywhere near an 80 minute performance yet, but we weren't doing that during the early stages of last year either when we were 4/5 and 2nd on the ladder after round 5. We've shown enough against some strong/in form sides to demonstrate we are up there again. Looking at the next 5 games for us: Knights (H), Bunnies (A), Manly (H), Dragons (A), Titans (H). On current form, I can see us winning almost all of those games (maybe drop one against Manly). That would put us 5 or 6/8.}

{53810}{https://cdn-1b8d.kxcdn.com/data/avatars/l/0/92.jpg?1693908638}{Worried2Death}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{1,881}{5,369}{
We are building nicely when compared to the other teams. Sure we haven't put anywhere near an 80 minute performance yet, but we weren't doing that during the early stages of last year either when we were 4/5 and 2nd on the ladder after round 5. We've shown enough against some strong/in form sides to demonstrate we are up there again. Looking at the next 5 games for us: Knights (H), Bunnies (A), Manly (H), Dragons (A), Titans (H). On current form, I can see us winning almost all of those games (maybe drop one against Manly). That would put us 5 or 6/8.
On current form I can easily see us tripping up v Knights, Manly and even Bunnies if they finally get some form, wide open comp.}

{53815}{}{ndp26}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{230}{697}{
Man why do teams always aim up against us. Storm look nothing like they did against us. Same as the Sharks last night, both played great games and this week have looked average
Maybe it is like the days of old where teams suffered the week (or two) after playing our boys? If the Sharks beat the Raiders next week...}

{53824}{}{sup42}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{1,575}{5,365}{
Maybe it is like the days of old where teams suffered the week (or two) after playing our boys? If the Sharks beat the Raiders next week...
The Storm were definitely flat and they were out of juice right at the end....that long range drop goal attempt from the side line said it all, they knew they had no one left to run or chase a field kick.

I don't blame them, we belted them in the second half and that was an away trip for them, furthest distance in the NRL so far travel wise for the season.

You could argue the Warriors were a bit worn out this round too vs the Raiders.

Happens a lot whether it is physical or not, playing in the game of the season is followed by a mental come down eh.}

{53825}{}{sup42}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{1,576}{5,365}{
I really don't think you can compare the same team across two different weeks. If this week's sharks and storm had played us, we would have pumped both and be currently top of the ladder. A week is a long time in rugby league.

Agreed.

But a Storm B side are still pretty hard to beat even when they are not at their best (some credit must go to Newcastle, so often other sides in when offered that easy path get dicked by the Storm anyway).}

{53835}{}{Viking}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{174}{513}{
I have said many times on this forum it takes 5/6 weeks for the form to become apparent.
Who would have thought Cowboys on top alone??
Cowboys have a great roster. This is their premiership window IMO, the Bronco's window has shrunk to a porthole.

We really needed to take one of those first two games to create a buffer later on.}

{53837}{}{JaggedJ}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{444}{2,073}{Cowboys have played Dolphins, Dragons, Knights and still managed to give up over 20 points a game.

Give it a few rounds to see where they're really at.}

{53838}{}{Viking}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{175}{513}{
Cowboys have played Dolphins, Dragons, Knights and still managed to give up over 20 points a game.

Give it a few rounds to see where they're really at.
I'm going by their strike on attack. Teams should get better in defence but the level of strike they have across the park stays the same. If you don't have it then you really don't have much hope. Raiders are good example, they can tough it out all they like but they don't have the attack to go all the way. Neither do the Sharks. Roger gives us a look in.}

{53839}{}{peewee}{NZWarriors.com}{September 24, 2023}{24}{55}{
I'm going by their strike on attack. Teams should get better in defence but the level of strike they have across the park stays the same. If you don't have it then you really don't have much hope. Raiders are a good example, they can tough it out all they like but they don't have the attack to go all the way. Neither do the Sharks. Roger gives us a look in.
Very open competition at the moment. My dread is I cant see us (wahs) being as good as first thought pre season.
Hope I'm wrong tho. Some of those big forwards give me the heeby geegies.}

{53843}{}{Tookey 2.0}{NZWarriors.com}{September 1, 2023}{556}{2,855}{
I'm going by their strike on attack. Teams should get better in defence but the level of strike they have across the park stays the same. If you don't have it then you really don't have much hope. Raiders are a good example, they can tough it out all they like but they don't have the attack to go all the way. Neither do the Sharks. Roger gives us a look in.

Hmm I dunno, it's essentially the reverse of us last year.

I think Webby had it right last year (and even this year) where we've been defence first, attack second.

That attack ended up coming through last year and we went on a run.

I feel that's still the case this year, I think we were told not to offload at all this week, which is very different to how we usually play}

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10