Round 5 Venue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope the Raiders come up with the cash. Can't wait to see Manly finally play in the country! Would have that special community feeling.

I would much prefer Dubbo (or nearly anywhere) instead of Gosford, and it would be good for the game to play at different venues, we have taken enough games to Gosford over the years.

I hope they announce something soon, being Easter it would be good to spend a few days doing something fitting around the footy, but it's hard to make plans when the potential venues are 400km apart (assuming it's one of Dubbo or Gosford).

Hearing reports the game will now be in Albury at the Lavington Sports Ground. Capacity of 15,000.

City v Country was hosted there in 2011.

Hearing reports the game will now be in Albury at the Lavington Sports Ground. Capacity of 15,000.

City v Country was hosted there in 2011.

Yes you are correct. Gibbsy mentioned on his sports show last night that the game would be played in Albury.

In a huge boost for rugby league in regional NSW, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today confirmed they will play their Round 5 NRL fixture at Lavington Sports Ground in Albury against the Canberra Raiders.

The Easter Saturday clash on April 4 will be the first time the region has played host to an official NRL Premiership match, with the border city only previously hosting NRL pre-season trials and a City-Country Origin fixture in 2011.

There mus be some decent cash in it for the Sea Eagles otherwise they'd simply play it at home.

I'm of the opinion that the NRL should play 4 or 5 games in regional centres all across the state(s) to grow the game , but the clubs would have to be financially compensated for any loss of revenue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4