Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 8 2023 cross forums chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
7009.jpg
Motota - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 576

Nothing gets me more perked up than listening to Roache ramble the same four clichés over and over again "looks alot better when he runs the ball" "I don't see a problem with it.. but anyway..."
Maybe chat gpt isn't so bad after all, we might one day in the not too distant future get a fresh exciting new script.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4734.jpg
Aman - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 12,536

I think hip drops should only be penalised if someone gets injured and is taken off. Otherwise play on, because it’s a part of the game and completely unavoidable.

So far only one person has been injured with a hip drop. TMM who broke his leg - but the offender wasn’t even penalised - go figure

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4804.jpg
Tragic - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 11,586

Good win forum Brothers and takes the pressure off us to win to be first equal on points, that would be the death knell for our chances.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8536.jpg
Super Freak - broncoshq.com

Sorry Warriors fans.

I think you're going to have wait a few more weeks to get on top of the ladder. Likely when we play you guys without over half of our squad due to Origin.

1412667335.png

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
4734.jpg
Aman - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 12,536

I think hip drops should only be penalised if someone gets injured and is taken off. Otherwise play on, because it’s a part of the game and completely unavoidable.

So far only one person has been injured with a hip drop. TMM who broke his leg - but the offender wasn’t even penalised - go figure

Mate Alfie Langer and a ton of the other small blokes would have been penalised out of the game under the current rules.

I get it that intentionally done at the back of the legs can cause injury, but the ones we saw tonight were mostly natural event of the tackle. If a big bloke runs at me and I try to grab him around the chest, my bulky 82kgs are going to be flung into the air like something out of charlie chaplin or buster keaton and I will end up sitting legs splayed behind his feet.

I know you cant rule on intent and asking a referee to understand physics is like getting a dog to understand you don't want to throw a bloody ball, but there has to be something more to it. THe "if someone is injured" idea helps but it opens a can of worms. I fell like it has to be analysed outside realtime and left to match review

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
8536.jpg
Super Freak - broncoshq.com

Sorry Warriors fans.

I think you're going to have wait a few more weeks to get on top of the ladder. Likely when we play you guys without over half of our squad due to Origin.

1412667335.png
Could be a 123 for the trio of sites after this round if all goes to the script I found leaked from NRL HQ

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg
BroncsFan - broncoshq.com

3319.jpg
HK_Eagle - silvertails.net

How did Haas avoid the bin there. Regardless of whether we believe or not in this crack down, that was a classic hip drop by the current crack down

I believe a hip drop is using your weight to bring the player to the ground... in the Haas tackle RCG was already on the ground and Haas accidentally falls on his legs.

I thought he was going to get binned, but I don't think it was a clear cut hip drop.. unlike Hopgood and Ezra's

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

I am just so confused by the hip drop rubbish. The Parra sin bin was a joke, absolutely nothing Hopgood could do there. Mam's by definition is a hip drop but if he lets go there, the player is through and he basically got pulled by the far heavier player on to him. What is he supposed to do there? If we want to penalise and sinbin on that fine but a suspension seems harsh. Haas by definition has done a hip drop there but he's again being dragged and RCG is almost on the ground by the time Haas's momentum takes him on the leg. Regardless, if the Hopgood rubbish is a sin bin, how is Haas's one not? It is an absolute lottery.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
4461.jpg
Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 4,540

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

I am just so confused by the hip drop rubbish. The Parra sin bin was a joke, absolutely nothing Hopgood could do there. Mam's by definition is a hip drop but if he lets go there, the player is through and he basically got pulled by the far heavier player on to him. What is he supposed to do there? If we want to penalise and sinbin on that fine but a suspension seems harsh. Haas by definition has done a hip drop there but he's again being dragged and RCG is almost on the ground by the time Haas's momentum takes him on the leg. Regardless, if the Hopgood rubbish is a sin bin, how is Haas's one not? It is an absolute lottery.

The player who gets hip dropped screams in pain, Is that real of acting?

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg

To me Hopgood's was the worst.... both his feet are off the ground and he's putting his weight on the legs... he wasn't really beaten and there's a tackler up top, but he's still using his weight on the back of the legs to bring him down

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 852

I'm sick of these experts talking about the hip drop. It's easy not to do a hip drop. That's to make a text book tackle. Now if you want to get rid of a hip drop reward a tackle that stops a player instantly.

Text book Legs tackle boom player on deck let they tackler. Hold on for 5 seconds. No more hip drops

A bit left of field

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

To me Hopgood's was the worst.... both his feet are off the ground and he's putting his weight on the legs... he wasn't really beaten and there's a tackler up top, but he's still using his weight on the back of the legs to bring him down

But I just don't think that is that bad a tackle. I mean to me, a hip drop should be by definition a player going in to deliberately or recklessly injure another player without mitigating momentum, not simply because momentum takes you in to an unfortunate position that you just can't do anything about.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

Annesley said a few weeks ago that other sports have asked the NRL to help them rid their sports of hip drop tackles, because of how well the NRL have done eradicating the tackle.

not only have the NRL not gotten rid of hip drop tackles ... they have no ****ing idea what a hip drop tackle actually is

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Annesley said a few weeks ago that other sports have asked the NRL to help them rid their sports of hip drop tackles, because of how well the NRL have done eradicating the tackle.

not only have the NRL not gotten rid of hip drop tackles ... they have no ****ing idea what a hip drop tackle actually is

I'll stop you there, I don't listen to that puppet.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
9052.jpg

But I just don't think that is that bad a tackle. I mean to me, a hip drop should be by definition a player going in to deliberately or recklessly injure another player without mitigating momentum, not simply because momentum takes you in to an unfortunate position that you just can't do anything about.
But that's the same definition as a high shot or a "tackled him too hard" or a head clash

There needs to be some sort of action to go with your definition... and the only definition I've heard is using your weight on the back of the legs to bring someone to ground.

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com

Mams one was deliberate he flung his legs back. If Doorey hits the hole and Mam just holds on his feet don't end up infront of doorway.

But as kids they aren't taught that tackling technique. These guys know how to tackle but they been training this type of the tackle for a few years hence why it's in the game.

A bit left of field

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8972.jpg
ZTop - broncoshq.com

10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com

I'm sick of these experts talking about the hip drop. It's easy not to do a hip drop. That's to make a text book tackle. Now if you want to get rid of a hip drop reward a tackle that stops a player instantly.

Text book Legs tackle boom player on deck let they tackler. Hold on for 5 seconds. No more hip drops

A bit left of field
Sounds so easy? I wish everyone had just thought to do textbook tackles? And then we wouldn't have high shots either

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
10675.jpg
Since95 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 853

8972.jpg
ZTop - broncoshq.com

Sounds so easy? I wish everyone had just thought to do textbook tackles? And then we wouldn't have high shots either

Funnily enough it is that easy. The problem. Though is if you make a tackle like that where you've axed them to the turf. The tackled player has the advantage even though you stopped them dead instantly.

In each of the Mam and Hopgood tackles neither slid down. And neither missed the contact point.

Haas is slightly different he missed the contact point. His was fair to be reported only.

A bit left of field

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16