Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 9 cross forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
4619.jpg
Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 9,589

1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

I went back and had a closer look at the Sharks/Warriors game.

From a Warriors perspective the main take-away I took out of it was the impact injuries have had on the side. They're still dealing with the after effects of the 70-10 loss and the impact of losing Chanel Harris-Tavita and Josh Curran had on the team. Curran especially was the type of player the Warriors really missed since he plays with so much energy that he inspires those around him.

Watching the game it seemed like the Warriors were looking for that leadership but couldn't string enough of those runs together. The game began to slip away and with seemingly everyone (even the referee...the Teig Wilton try was a classic referee try) willing a Sharks victory they tapped out with 20 to go.

It may seem disheartening in the moment but there's plenty of room for improvement in this team. In particular I feel they can do a much better job activating that left edge. Poor Asi could not buy himself any good ball against Cronulla and while I suspect he'll make way sooner than later for Volkman or Harris-Tavita I think just getting him into the game more will make the Warriors more potent.

I'm not expecting miracles coming off a knee reco, but I think Harris' leadership will improve the Warriors efforts tremendously. That was the worst aspect of the Warriors performance against Cronulla that they just got very lazy with Katoa especially making some weak efforts.

The season definitely isn't over yet and I would not be shocked at all to see you guys beat the Rabbits. Your team definitely has the capability it's just about finding that consistency.

Thanks for the thoughtful and positive post bro, we need all the constructive advice and any dim ray of hope we can get.

kurgal - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 947

1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

From a Warriors perspective the main take-away I took out of it was the impact injuries have had on the side. They're still dealing with the after effects of the 70-10 loss and the impact of losing Chanel Harris-Tavita and Josh Curran had on the team. Curran especially was the type of player the Warriors really missed since he plays with so much energy that he inspires those around him.

Watching the game it seemed like the Warriors were looking for that leadership but couldn't string enough of those runs together. The game began to slip away and with seemingly everyone (even the referee...the Teig Wilton try was a classic referee try) willing a Sharks victory they tapped out with 20 to go.

It may seem disheartening in the moment but there's plenty of room for improvement in this team. In particular I feel they can do a much better job activating that left edge. Poor Asi could not buy himself any good ball against Cronulla and while I suspect he'll make way sooner than later for Volkman or Harris-Tavita I think just getting him into the game more will make the Warriors more potent.

I'm not expecting miracles coming off a knee reco, but I think Harris' leadership will improve the Warriors efforts tremendously. That was the worst aspect of the Warriors performance against Cronulla that they just got very lazy with Katoa especially making some weak efforts.

The season definitely isn't over yet and I would not be shocked at all to see you guys beat the Rabbits. Your team definitely has the capability it's just about finding that consistency.

Good on ya for putting in the hard yards revisiting and rewatching the game, I bloody couldn't! appreciate your analysis.
1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

Good on ya for putting in the hard yards revisiting and rewatching that match, I bloody couldn't! appreciate your analysis

8468.jpg
Cult - broncoshq.com

4619.jpg
REACTIONS: 9,589

Thanks for the thoughtful and positive post bro, we need all the constructive advice and any dim ray of hope we can get.

Big Pete is being too kind. Your guys played dumb. Even running at 12 players, you still have to earn the right to spread the ball and the Warriors just kept trying what they thought was the obvious, spreading the ball without wearing out the middle so the Sharks weren't tired. It was straight up dumb, lazy football and despite their young team, Shaun Johnson should have been a calming influence. He was the opposite.

Who is the next Kiwi half by the way? Stacey Jones - Shaun Johnson - ???

It's definitely something the Warriors should be looking at yesterday

4619.jpg
REACTIONS: 9,593

Who is the next Kiwi half by the way? Stacey Jones - Shaun Johnson - ??? It's definitely something the Warriors should be looking at yesterday
Volkman's the next Warriors half, doubt he'll ever be good enough to make the Kiwis, and he's never been here, could be a NSW origin legend one day though.

1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

To an extent, but the Warriors didn't have enough ball to build pressure. They fell into the trap where they felt like they had to score off every set instead of either looking for a repeat or forcing the Sharks to work it out from a corner.

The example that stuck out to me was right before half-time. The Sharks had just surrendered the ball on the Warriors 40m, the Warriors worked a good set. They should have got a set restart on play five after Aitken earned a quick play the ball but for whatever reason the officials deemed Euan was fair game. Anyways Johnson has the line set for a simple grubber into the in-goal but for whatever reason he decides to dummy and spread it wide and in the end Watene-Zelezniak is forced to put in a dinky kick to surrender position meekly. The Sharks then get a fifth tackle penalty because Sione Katoa (although you'd be right to think Eliesa was playing for the Sharks with some of his efforts...) decided to grab his neck and the referee obliged.

Essentially it was their defence that I felt let them down. The points would have come had they bashed Cronulla out of the contest but they just allowed the Sharks to play too much footy. I felt the edge defense was very passive and instead of limiting the amount of time the Sharks had with the ball Hynes had a field day and it just exposed the Warriors out-wide.

There needed to be more effort all-round although I can sympathise with the Warriors. Their two best defensive players are Curran and Harris. With both of them out it put too much pressure on players who struggle without the footy and exposed them for all their faults. Then to add insult to injury, while playing against 11 is a huge benefit it came at the cost of Aitken who has become a really handy option for them. Either scoring tries or giving them the impetus in the set to put pressure on the defensive line.

4775.jpg
wizards rage - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 17,771

8468.jpg
Cult - broncoshq.com

Who is the next Kiwi half by the way? Stacey Jones - Shaun Johnson - ???
Jerome Hughes - 2022 6 tries; 6 try assists in 8 games 💪

The form halfback in the competition (yes, better than Cleary!)

Smash em bro

1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 17,771

Jerome Hughes - 2022 6 tries; 6 try assists in 8 games 💪

The form halfback in the competition (yes, better than Cleary!)

Smash em bro

How many of them was against you lot ... because that would skew the stats

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

4619.jpg
REACTIONS: 9,595

Jerome Hughes - 2022 - 6 tries; 6 try assists in 8 games 💪

The form halfback in the competition (yes, better than Cleary in my kiwi humble opinion!)
Credit where it's due, the Warriors have helped Jerome's development into a game-winning half for the Kiwis immeasurably

4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 17,775

Credit where it's due, the Warriors have helped Jerome's development into a game-winning half for the Kiwis immeasurably
Development wasn’t the question… it’s who should be the Warriors next kiwi half!

He was one we chased that got away - but we can still dream…

Smash em bro

4461.jpg
Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,881

Development wasn’t the question… it’s who should be the Warriors next kiwi half!

He was one we chased that got away - but we can still dream…
We are going backwards, All our new signings are not known for their defence, They are Walsh quality at best and that isn't saying much. Aitken is the type of player we need and we are losing him next year that will leave a huge hole in our defence, CHT, Tevaga, Egan and Harris are the only NRL standard defenders we have left, I think next year is going to be worse than this year.

2021.jpg
Kimlo - broncoshq.com

4461.jpg
REACTIONS: 2,881

We are going backwards, All our new signings are not known for their defence, They are Walsh quality at best and that isn't saying much. Aitken is the type of player we need and we are losing him next year that will leave a huge hole in our defence, CHT, Tevaga, Egan and Harris are the only NRL standard defenders we have left, I think next year is going to be worse than this year.

How have you rated Walsh so far as a signing? I don't watch too many Warriors games so interested to hear what some Warriors fans thinks of him.

4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 17,776

2021.jpg
Kimlo - broncoshq.com

How have you rated Walsh so far as a signing? I don't watch too many Warriors games so interested to hear what some Warriors fans thinks of him.
His first 5 games last year were blistering. Played without fear, caught our unprepared defences and made a statement. Defence was non existent but he scored twice as many as he let through.

This year he has bulked up and taken the higher risk play out of his game, playing more percentage plays. With the opposition scrutinising his game he has been much less effective. With the extra bulk he’s a fraction slower. Defence wise though he’s a lot better. 0 try’s and 3 try assists in 7 games this year, is well down on his 9 try’s/ 11 try assists in 16 games last year. His defence while better is still way below premium fullback due to his small size. Second year syndrome?

Hopefully he’s gone backwards to go forwards and the changes to his game will make him a better player in the long term. But without the high risk cutout ball and defence hanging off him and having appeared to have lost that split second of pace that’s the difference between a gap or not, he’s just another kid with potential.

I personally still see him as a 6 rather than a 1. I also think he exploded on the scene with individual brilliance but needs a structure to help create make the defence hold back and make holes for him… something the Warriors aren’t providing at the moment.

Smash em bro

4461.jpg
REACTIONS: 2,882

2021.jpg
Kimlo - broncoshq.com

Really brought speed and hunger we were missing in offence, the defence has been his crutch, If we were a good team he would of started on the wing and worked his way to fullback when his defence was up to scratch, It's who we are as a team, not the most pro team in the league!

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

If we were a good team he would of started on the wing and worked his way to fullback

I think if you had wanted to do that he probably would have stayed with us. He was only going to leave for more money and a promise of an NRL spine position which he got obviously.

This is just the reality now, kids don’t want to wait around in reserve ground / non-preferred position if another club promises them NRL action. You guys did and while I don’t watch many Non-Broncos games anymore, what I have seen is that you guys gambled with him and have had a pretty decent pay off.

Wondering how confident Broncos fans are vs Manly?
I see Manly are slight favourites in betting but the game looks pretty close from most angles.
I expect Manly to have a pretty strong win, mainly because we've been geting some players back in the last week or 2 and feel a bit of momentum building.
Broncos have impressed with their recent form, but at this stage of their resurrection can they put on 4 wins in a row?
Key inclusions for Manly are Davey and Olakau'atu, and Turbo should be better after his test drive last week.
Should be one of the best games of the round.

4461.jpg
REACTIONS: 2,883

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

I think if you had wanted to do that he probably would have stayed with us. He was only going to leave for more money and a promise of an NRL spine position which he got obviously.

This is just the reality now, kids don’t want to wait around in reserve ground / non-preferred position if another club promises them NRL action. You guys did and while I don’t watch many Non-Broncos games anymore, what I have seen is that you guys gambled with him and have had a pretty decent pay off.

We never used him properly, sad that another team will get the best out of him because we have no coach's, just getting sick of every year it's the same with us, no elite culture in league in this country, always been lets see if the other team has a bad game and we might win 🤣

1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

801.jpg
SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net

I see Manly are slight favourites in betting but the game looks pretty close from most angles.
I expect Manly to have a pretty strong win, mainly because we've been geting some players back in the last wek or 2 and feel a bit of momentum building.
Broncos have impressed with their recent form, but at this stage of their resurrection can they put on 4 wins in a row?
Key inclusions for Manly are Davey and Olakau'atu, and Turbo should be better after his test drive last week.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

Hopefully the weather conditions hinder turbo slightly.

But if we can get good ball out wide against Christian Tuipulotu & Ben Trbojevic, our edge could have a field day

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

9052.jpg
BroncsFan - broncoshq.com

801.jpg
SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net

I expect Manly to have a pretty strong win, mainly because we've been geting some players back in the last wek or 2 and feel a bit of momentum building.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/
I think the game could be tight and hopefully the ref will allow it to flow... although it is Atkin and he loves the sound of his own whistle.

I think Broncos have an advantage in the middle forwards and on paper this looks to be our strongest lineup to date.

Turbo looked a little slower last week in his first game back... but it all may come down to how well our edges defend him.

Dwalk may cause some trouble to us through the middle as well... but might he be coming back early.

I do wonder if Manly might be bringing a few players back a bit earlier than expected, but havent been following the injury carnage all that closely.

It looks to be wet weather footy coming up so whoever plays to the conditions correctly could win it, and both DCE and Reyno come into the game in form and with fantastic kicking games.

It looks close on paper, but Turbo might be the difference.

For me I just hope to see the boys turn up and be ready to grind out the game for the full 80... which is something that we havent been able to rely on for a few years now.

I do wonder if Manly might be bringing a few players back a bit earlier than expected, but havent been following the injury carnage all that closely.
I don't know about too early, I heard Manly has a contract with some big Bandage company and part of the deal is that at least 3 players need to wear bandaging each week.

One concern for Manly is if Staggs gets much space he will make life hard for young Ben Trbojevic, who got beaten a couple of times by Campbell Graham vs Souths. That will be partly up to Reynolds, I reckon he'll need another MOM performance if Broncos are to win.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10