Rugby league broadcaster Barry Ross passes away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I must be getting on, because I thought Barry Ross had gone well before now.

Short-fused Rex used to really bully him at times. I felt sorry for him.

Last edited:
We are all going to eventually be blown away and pass away like leaves falling off a tree
That is just how fragile life is feathered friends

It does not matter how old or how powerful and wealthy we are
When it come to the Fragility of our lives we all stand on level humbling grounds

Lets appreciate each day and take nothing for granted

We are all going to eventually be blown away and pass away like leaves falling off a tree
That is just how fragile life is feathered friends

It does not matter how old or how powerful and wealthy we are
When it come to the Fragility of our lives we all stand on level humbling grounds

Lets appreciate each day and take nothing for granted

I agree.

I wake up each morning and acknowledge that I have just achieved another PB.

I agree.

I wake up each morning and acknowledge that I have just achieved another PB.
Good on you feathered friend
You have a great attitude !

We should all keep striving for our PB
As the road to excellence is on going

Have a great PB day :)

If I remember correctly, didn't Doug Mulray have a Barry Ross character in some of his radio skits ?

I know he had a Rex character because I remember him calling out to "Richie Benaud".....Oi you Benaud. Get off my lawn in the sense of vacating the premises. :rofl: I'm pretty sure Barry was in those skits somewhere too.

If I remember correctly, didn't Doug Mulray have a Barry Ross character in some of his radio skits ?

I know he had a Rex character because I remember him calling out to "Richie Benaud".....Oi you Benaud. Get off my lawn in the sense of vacating the premises. :rofl: I'm pretty sure Barry was in those skits somewhere too.
I think the Mossop character referred to Richie as ‘Benood’ - rhyming with food.

Rex and Barry were great TV viewing in the 70's. Rex gave Barry heaps and so much crap went down with Rex, because most of the Channel 7 production team couldn't stand him. I am certain the set collapsing on him was a set up, however, I can't be sure, whereas, I do know the Sound Manager intentionally 'switched Rex's mike off' during a Sunday show and Rex just went off! It was very, very funny.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8