Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Masoe no thanx. Tasi would be welcomed back, he's exactly what we need with his power and aggression.

Yeah I agree Mauler, masoe hasn't kicked on since he hit first grade a couple years ago, however tasi seems to be improving game by game

No cap space for someone like Tasi, unfortunately. However it is good news for the young forwards coming through, they will get a chance over the next year or two to show their wares. Hopefully one or two make the grade.

I love Kite and King, I really do. BUT, if we could move one of those guys for a big pay-day in the UK to grab a 22 odd year old Tasi, I make the move.

Hope that's not too harsh.

Not harsh at all

a balanced team has a mix of experienced old heads, mid career and juniors in all positions bar the spine.

Want/need to give Jimmy Cunningham a run before years out, i think he has it in him but is down on confidence watching every man and his dog get a crack over the last 2 years, bloke has to be above Skinner. Saw Jiimmy C trial against cronulla last year and tore up Snowden and Stuart, still cant believe he hasnt had at least 1 game.

Fluffy said:
Not harsh at all

a balanced team has a mix of experienced old heads, mid career and juniors in all positions bar the spine.

Want/need to give Jimmy Cunningham a run before years out, i think he has it in him but is down on confidence watching every man and his dog get a crack over the last 2 years, bloke has to be above Skinner. Saw Jiimmy C trial against cronulla last year and tore up Snowden and Stuart, still cant believe he hasnt had at least 1 game.

Mate, I think he's coming back just recently from a serious head / jaw injury and hasn't had much game time this season??? I may be wrong though.

I remember seeing him play as a youngster (maybe three years ago), and he was OUTSTANDING. I remember rating him above JWH, but then again, I rated HIM much higher than most here, and still do unfortunately.

swoop said:
BUNNY FOR SALE

DESPITE denials to the contrary from CEO Shane Richardson, you can take it as gospel that the Rabbitohs would release Roy Asotasi tomorrow. I’m reliably informed the former international front-rower was recently offered to the Sea Eagles.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/australias-best-sporting-gossip-with-phil-rothfield/story-e6freye0-1226390001424

That's disturbing. Not that Asotasi would be offered to Manly, but the thought that someone in the know at Manly would talk to Rothfield.

The item directly above that piece gives a good insight into the surest reason why Gallop had to go:
-----------------------------
SPOTTED

DAVID Gallop and Lachlan Murdoch in deep conversation over a few beers at the Bellevue Hotel on Wednesday evening, the day after he was punted.

Panthers sign Segeyaro for 3 years. What happened to there cap problems Gus said they had???

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Panthers sign Segeyaro for 3 years. What happened to there cap problems Gus said they had???

The cap problem is this year, assume he is signed from next year...,

Lewis will leave and aren't they trying to off-load Jennings?

Have you blokes seen the size of choc lately? We could move him up front and poach Lewis. lol

Manly set to retain another cornerstone as Raiders give up Ballin chase Michael Chammas
June 18, 2012

HAVING lost the services of Tony Williams and Darcy Lussick for next season, Manly are poised to retain off-contract hooker Matt Ballin, as Canberra resign themselves to missing out on his signature.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey labelled the former Queensland dummy half a ''priority'' for Manly to secure, despite the best efforts of the Raiders to lure him to the nation's capital next season.

Toovey, who believes the 28-year-old is in career-best form, insists the Sea Eagles are doing everything possible to ensure he remains with the club beyond the end of this season.

Advertisement: Story continues below ''He's a great player Matt Ballin and he's been playing well,'' Toovey said. ''I think the last month he's played some of his best football, so hopefully he'll continue that through the year. We're doing our best to retain all our players and Matt Ballin is right up there as a priority for us. He's a priority, he's a great player and a key member of our team … ''

The Raiders, lacking a quality No.9, were keen to snatch Ballin from the Sea Eagles, who have already retained star halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

Ballin never wanted to leave Manly, but with Cherry-Evans, Foran, Steve Matai, Brett Stewart, Lussick and Williams all on rival clubs' radars, his contract negotiations had been put on hold.

But speaking on ABC Radio yesterday, Canberra chief Don Furner said the Raiders were out of the running for Ballin, as Manly were close to extending his contract.

''[It is] pretty much he is going to stay at Manly now,'' Furner said. ''They have lost Tony Williams and Lussick and I think they asked him to wait until they could find room. He always indicated to us that his preference was to stay at Manly and I don't blame him.

''If he got squeezed out he indicated he would come here but he looks like staying at Manly now and we have moved on.

Asked if Ballin's manager had indicated the Raiders were not in the race for his signature any more, Furner said: ''Yeah … that he will stay there.''

In a team packed full of superstars, Ballin rarely gets the recognition he deserves for steering the reigning premiers around the paddock. But his presence and performance this year hasn't gone unnoticed by his coach.

''We need him for the players around him to be at their best,'' Toovey said.

''At the top level, players need a player like Matty Ballin directing the show and controlling the ruck in a football game.

''All hookers don't get the recognition they deserve, I know that. But all the good sides have a quality one and we've got that with Matt Ballin.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-set-to-retain-another-cornerstone-as-raiders-give-up-ballin-chase-20120617-20idb.html#ixzz1y5iRbTWb

Read on LU that Parra are interested in Israel Folou, GWS are looking to punt him

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Read on LU that Parra are interested in Israel Folou, GWS are looking to punt him

Wasn't he on $2M a season or something crazy like that?

Sam Perrett to Dogs effective immediately and for another 2 years

All I can come up with is Roosters clearing the decks for Scummy Bill, Perrett is 1 of their best week in week out

The paper yesty said Greenburg was in his ear at the origin on wednesday night.

Folau that is

Kiwi Eagle said:
Sam Perrett to Dogs effective immediately and for another 2 years

All I can come up with is Roosters clearing the decks for Scummy Bill, Perrett is 1 of their best week in week out

totally agree Kiwi he was one of their best in that game of touch yesterday.

Stevo said:
The paper yesty said Greenburg was in his ear at the origin on wednesday night.

Folau that is

Perrett, Inu, Tony Williams & now Falou - jeez, they are doing well, especially on the back of Pritchard, Eastwood, Graham, Turner & co. last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10