Rumours/news about Manly from Nick Tedeschi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Manly will almost certainly land Kane Elgey"
So ... why would we take the rest of it seriously?
In any case, if our players really were having a go at each other about their form I would consider that a positive.

Barrett has been the Country Coach for a few years. Sunday is the game.

Bozo is meant to have a wrap on him .

I think that Coaching a Team of 'the best available NRL' Players once a year, compared to the weekly grind of coaching a Team depleted by injuries and suspensions for potentially 28 weeks, is ludicrous :cool:

shows how interested I have been in Trent Barrett!!!!
How long has he been a coach?
Where has he been a coach?
What has he achieved as a coach?
I'm not wrapping him I'm just giving you some more info. He's been an assistant coach for NSW origin for a number of years. He is the head coach of the Italian team. And since 2013 he has been an assistant coach to Ivan Cleary at the panthers which to their credit that team has brought those kids through well. He's been busy. Can't comment really on his ability as a coach. Hope that is some more info for you.

Barrett has been the Country Coach for a few years. Sunday is the game.

Bozo is meant to have a wrap on him .

I think that Coaching a Team of 'the best available NRL' Players once a year, compared to the weekly grind of coaching a Team depleted by injuries and suspensions for potentially 28 weeks, is ludicrous :cool:

I wouldn't call coaching country nsw having the best available nrl players. Can't pick city,aus,nz or qld.

I would also say if Phil Gould and Ivan Cleary respect him enough to have him as an assistant that's a pretty good wrap.

Also if Bozo thinks he can coach I'll take that on board also.

I don't know if he can coach as I have never been coached by him but to just write him off when people like Gus,Bozo and Cleary hardly fools respect him is wrong.

I to don't know if he can coach, Brad Fittler had similar rise through the ranks and a glowing endorsement from Gould and respected enough by Chris Anderson to be his assistant coach.

We have a great history of producing coaches from within the club and I'd love for that to continue if poor old Tooves does get ousted.

The proud history didn't stop us flicking a club legend and appointing a Kiwi as a coach.

I'm not saying Barrett is or isn't any good and I won't be making the choice.

Yeah exactly and how did that work out for us???
I'm not writing Barrett off as a coach either but I think a person who has been in the club works better for us.

I would say making the finals in 90,91 was successful wouldn't you?

I'm saying I'll leave the coaching appointment to Bozo he has a more intimate knowledge as to what is going on at the club.

Yeah, he can't coach!
(Come to think of it, how do we all know he can't coach?)
youve answered your own question smarty pants; we don't know because he hasn't really done anything, which equals no creditials, which equals risk, which equals "that'll do me".

He needs to coach ONE team every week on his own in either NSW cup or NYC and get sustained results to build a resume and credentials, not hang around camps for 3-4 days putting his 2 bobs worth in. Not to mention, this guy has never once shown even a casual Interest in anything Manly related in 20 years involved in the game...he is a blow in with next to no creditials.

Last edited:
Very interesting I just heard gibbsy say on 2ue on his sports show and I quote " I'll be stunned if Geoff Toovey is the coach next season".

Gibbsy doesn't usually make crap up he said he thinks Toovey is a good coach and he feels sorry for him but he will be blamed for us not being able to keep and attract players.

Last edited:
Found this interesting news from Nick Tedeschi at Making the Nut...

http://makingthenut.com/from-the-couch-round-8-4/

"Rumour Mill: ...Manly will almost certainly land Kane Elgey now his price has doubled after a scintillating performance against the Warriors. Manly aren’t out of the mix for Chris Sandow either though the Sharks are also in the hunt."

"Manly Collapse Update: There is still life in the Sea Eagles! But despite the good news of a win over Melbourne word is leaking out of a major blue between props Josh Starling and Willie Mason with the young tyro reportedly calling out Mason for his lack of output. And fair enough too with Mason running the ball just seven times in 30 minutes last week, an appalling effort from a prop. If the Sea Eagles are to get out of their rut it will be on the back of hard-nosed attitudes like Starling’s."

"The Coaching Crosshairs: With Manly in last position, Geoff Toovey’s career as Sea Eagles coach is as good as done, despite the courageous win over Melbourne on Saturday night. The victory will most likely only delay the inevitable though he is no sure thing to see out the week with a general bye this weekend. Trent Barrett will be named Toovey’s successor. Steve Georgallis will come in as interim coach if Toovey is sacked midseason."
1 - So we didn't get LG
2 - Mase was asked by Sterlo about the fight. Mase reckons he wasn't even there but Starlo is a very calm and slow talker who would never call anyone out about their form.
He also said that Cam Smith said after the game' Why do you guys always turn up against us?' :D'
3 - Hope 2v stays

I actually hope it's true about Mase and Starlo going the knuckle.

It shows starlo cares if he did call him out in fact I like starlo more now because it shows he cares about the team.

Very interesting I just heard gibby's say on 2ue on his sports show and I quote " I'll be stunned if Geoff Toovey is the coach next season".
Gibby's doesn't usually make crap up he said he thinks Toovey is a good coach and he feels sorry for him but he will be blamed for us not being able to keep and attract players.
Mmm I wouldn't be surprised if management did this. If they are looking for a reason to sack him then this would be a good enough reason. But is Toovey the problem or is it really someone else?

Gibbsy was wrong about the Elgey signing (probably got info from Massoud's tweet) and although he is a Manly man I don't think he is that well connected with the club nowadays.

Who the hell is Nick Tedeschi ?

Another nuffie who throws out a heap of **** hoping some of it turns out to be true.

Nick off..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6