Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Koula can get better under the high ball if he plays more fullback, Garrick will never have the pace and explosiveness that Koula has. It’s a shame we were only playing the Dogs so things are being discredited a bit but I wish we tried Koula there earlier - it looked pretty good for the 15 minutes Garrick was off for an HIA in the Cowboys game

Ideally they are both playing centre but when Turbo inevitably goes down again, it shouldn’t really be a debate who replaces him now IMO. Garrick and Saab have a nice combo anyway and we should be looking to build on that

I’ve been wanting Koula at 1, for me it’s not about arguing who’s the better FB, for me it’s about running out the strongest side, Tom is no doubt a freak and a proven No 1, but he can be just as effective in the backline as out the back, we’ve seen it (NSW) and Koula has all the ingredients to be an outstanding FB, broken play speed to burn, following the ball like Slater, Paps and Walsh. He ball played to Saab on the weekend and would learn to link into the backline like Walsh does.

Don’t worry about his effort under the high ball that will come good, the kids athletic, he’ll get up there, it’s mostly timing anyway, look at Saab his 7 foot and should win the contest every time, problem is his timing‘s horrendous. Anyway I‘m onboard with Koula @ 1, Tom and Rubes would give us a competitive pairing with the size and speed we need in our three quarter line (Parker-Harper, Koula-Parker-Talau or Rubes-Turbo with Paulo on the the edge) it’s an easy decision if you want the strongest side running out.

Give Koula the freedom out the back, he will be dynamic, give him time, Walsh was given time and look at him now. I think the Warriors moved RTS to accommodate him, I get he was leaving and Tom’s not, (although injury is a real concern) but give Koula 2 seasons at FB and we will have our own machine at 1, Turbo would be a massive gain for us as 3/4, Joey Manu like, anyway the biggest problem I see would be Tom buying in and therefore Seibs lacking the ticker to implement it, his team selections so far have been the most disappointing thing for me, like many Koula should have went to 1 straight up and who knows maybe we might be playing semis, bit speculative I know, but we would of had a lot more points in us. Rubes looked good in his one outing, one in before he moved back to cover Tom.

Not basing all this on last Sunday, it was only the Dogs, what more could he do, give him the proper opportunity, play the full season @ 1 and I believe we get the best result, give him the year and watch the improvement, I doubt many will want him back in the three quarters, anyway not my call.

Last edited:
Agree wanting fullback money is a big concern.
It's likely Koula is already the second highest paid (outside) back in the club (maybe Garrick is on similar money?), esp. as the ARU were reportedly offering him $800k per year. Earlier this year, his contract was extended to the end of 2027.

I don’t give the management many accolades, but is looking like we could have a long term bargain in Koula
Yeah, he'll be one of our strike weapons next year.

He just looks like he can make something out if nothing.

17 tackle busts tonight. 17!!!!

Koula's stats the last 2 weeks are off the charts.

Yeah yeah we played 2 of the bottom 3 teams in that time, but give credit where its due - we ask players to take their opportunity - this is how it is done in style, with interest, in the most decisive way.

Good thing Reuben wants to play centre, as Koula has mortgage on backup no.1 now imo - regardless of the opposition.

300+ run meters EACH GAME.
6 line breaks
3 line-break assists
4 try-assists
2 individual tries
24 tackle busts (!! like WTAF !!)
1 missed tackle (only)
54 Ball receipts

Guy is getting involved, creating chances for himself, creating chances for others, solid in D, solid in O. Faaaast bugger, high workrate. What can I say? So impressed, and glad he stuck with us with the sharks circling.

It's mighty tempting to give him the #1 jersey after those two games.

Koula
Paulo
Garrick
Turbo
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Lodge
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Burbo
Schuster (assuming he sorts his s**t out)

GCKT
Paseka
Sipley
Bullemor

Is a 17 that I think could have a serious crack at the premiership. Only two concerns I have are Tommy's fitness and Croker's crap service.

It's mighty tempting to give him the #1 jersey after those two games.

Koula
Paulo
Garrick
Turbo
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Lodge
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Burbo

GCKT
Paseka
Sipley
Bullemor

Is a 17 that I think could have a serious crack at the premiership. Only two concerns I have are Tommy's fitness and Crocker's crap service

Last edited:
It's mighty tempting to give him the #1 jersey after those two game.

Koula
Paulo
Garrick
Turbo
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Lodge
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Burbo

GCKT
Paseka
Sipley
Bullemor

Is a 17 that I think could have a serious crack at the premiership. Only two concerns I have are Tommy's fitness and Crocker's crap service
Other than haumole, i think our backrow is lacking for next year. We could really do with some reinforcement in this area with an experience tested nrl backrower

Other than haumole, i think our backrow is lacking for next year. We could really do with some reinforcement in this area with an experience tested nrl backrower

Provided he stays healthy I think Burbo will have a breakout year in the back row in 2024. But we do need more quality in the back ups. Tuilagi is OK and has played well at times, but his defence can let him down. Then again, defensively Haumole isn't that great either. He's missed more tackles than any Manly player this season (bare in mind he's played all but 10 minutes of the season).

As for Koula ... to put things into perspective, its a good thing that the last two games have been against the Dogs and Tigpies who have given him the room to use his pace. As fast as he is I seriously doubt that a full strength Penrith, Brisbane or Melbourne would have given him the freedom he's had.

However, in saying that its been great seeing Koula showing us what he can do when given the room to move. His pace says he should be an attacking weapon, and we've finally gotten to see it. Hopefully we see a lot more of it (at centre IMO) either outside of Luke Brooks or DCE next year and beyond.

From what i have seen Koula needs more game time at fullback and turbo needs more game time at center or wing if he wants to play origin.

Swapping roles during the match would reduce that inexperience.

I agree with all of the above re Koula s outstanding form.
My only question why did it take Siebs so long and an injury to Rebs to put him in there?myself and a few others on here could see Koula wb the best option at 1 for awhile now even going back to when he played 1 for Tonga last yr.in others words if a few pie eaters could see it why couldn’t the coaches , as I think we possibly wb in the 8 now if Koula had been at 1 soon after Tom went down
Anyways better late than never Siebs , just get everyone super fit and pumped for a legitimate foray into the 2024 Premiership, and don’t f&$@ it up!!

I agree with all of the above re Koula s outstanding form.
My only question why did it take Siebs so long and an injury to Rebs to put him in there?myself and a few others on here could see Koula wb the best option at 1 for awhile now even going back to when he played 1 for Tonga last yr.in others words if a few pie eaters could see it why couldn’t the coaches , as I think we possibly wb in the 8 now if Koula had been at 1 soon after Tom went down
Anyways better late than never Siebs , just get everyone super fit and pumped for a legitimate foray into the 2024 Premiership, and don’t f&$@ it up!!
Probably had to play him in the centres as we were short in that position, Parker had quite a few injuries and Harpers form was down.

From what i have seen Koula needs more game time at fullback and turbo needs more game time at center or wing if he wants to play origin.

Swapping roles during the match would reduce that inexperience.
Turbo just needs more game time period. Your assessment above is on the money though. I guess the positive that has come out of the Turbo injuries is that we have produced viable back ups in the spine. Koula's recent form at 1 has been superb.

Personally if it goes to script and as many have suggested Schuster asserts himself in the game and Burbo stays healthy, I think our backrow will be one of the best in the game next year. Memories of Menzies, Gartner, Kosef.

Personally if it goes to script and as many have suggested Schuster asserts himself in the game and Burbo stays healthy, I think our backrow will be one of the best in the game next year. Memories of Menzies, Gartner, Kosef.
I can’t see it being as good as Menzies Gartner kosef … but I get what you mean!

I can’t see it being as good as Menzies Gartner kosef … but I get what you mean!

Olaukat'atu is already their equal. Schuster is potentially even more skilled than Kosef. Leaves Burbo to try to emulate Menzies and yes that's one very tough job, but if he uses Schuster like we've seen he does, and he is as fast as a centre, who knows.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8