S.O.O Game 3 - 2015 Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thurston is a very good player - borderline immortal to me - I'm probably in the 'not quite yet' category BUT I believe it will happen.

He'll be an Immortal partly cause he is a great player but also Partly cause the bloke is a sycophant to the media and he gets a golden run from all the media types cause he is very giving with his time and is a great interview & seems a decent fella.

To me the media go over the top with Thurston. He's a special to get immortality for this reason. To me Lockyer was a better player and should be the next immortal. Cam Smith will fall down the pecking order if he continues to fued with channel 9 - its these people who pump up the tyres of immortals and get them selected.

Lillyman played like a man possessed. He had a great game and played all over our props.

He was lazy, 14 NSw players made more tackles than Lillyman, in fact only 7 players made less tackles. Pretty poor for a center defender

The backward bothers had a blinder if they weren't running of the line , they were going a hundred miles an hour backward.., Hoppa was picked on form from 3 years ago, as for the forwards , Matai hits harder then all of them put together, jumper pulling , head hugging legends, didn't see one hit in anger...

The only memory I have of Hopoate is him making one metre off the NSW line and getting monstered back two metres by the queensland forwards. I don't think he touched the ball in any other context. Not his fault, but gee, he really hasn't met the potential he seemed to have in 2011. All that door knocking and prattling on about Joseaph Smith and the big sky daddy has really effected his form.

The only memory I have of Hopoate is him making one metre off the NSW line and getting monstered back two metres by the queensland forwards. I don't think he touched the ball in any other context. Not his fault, but gee, he really hasn't met the potential he seemed to have in 2011. All that door knocking and prattling on about Joseaph Smith and the big sky daddy has really effected his form.

I was thinking the same - a great career was threatened by that 2 year hiatus and then totally finished off by Parramatta. He's just a handy first grader at best at the moment and totally out of his depth at Origin. He wasn't the only one to have a shocker - but crikey he's gone backwards as a player.

Hopefully Parra can stay true to form and finish off Foran like they've cruelled Hoppa and Watmough and Lussick and dozens of others.

He was lazy, 14 NSw players made more tackles than Lillyman, in fact only 7 players made less tackles. Pretty poor for a center defender

NSW as a whole made 170 more tackles than QLD. QLD also had 43 sets to nsw 26. Of course nsw players had a higher tackle count than him.

People here need to stop bitching about NSW. NSW last night played the worst I have seen a side play all year. It was actually disgusting how bad they were playing. They played worse than we were back when we had to field Brayden Williame.

You can shout "ERRRRR PENLATIZ!" but guess what, penalties aren't supposed to always be even! Yes, although there were a few 50/50 calls that went the way of the two-heads, NSW deserved a lot of those penalties. They were playing like stupid grubs.

NSW missed 35 tackles, you can bitch and moan about whatever you guys want to divert your eyes from the truth, but NSW played like ****.

But hey, at least Nate Myles keeps proving he is up to it. He had a great game last night. Hopefully he carries that form to Manly.

I see more good news from this result. DCE is probably finished at SOO level now, which means he will always be available for us.

I see more good news from this result. DCE is probably finished at SOO level now, which means he will always be available for us.
True. There is no doubt, now, that Cooper Cronk plays a massive part in Queensland's SOO success.

I have always been a massive Lllyman man. He was the best forward on the field last night imo. Pity that "big bag of wind" Klemmer and his mate Woods didnt have heats like Jacobs instead of reading the papers for the past week.

If I was giving ratings for the NSW team last night it would read like this:

Josh Dugan. Never gave up and was one of the few Blues who can hold their heads up. 6
Will Hopoate. WTF was he even doing playing Origin? He was a 2 at best, and that's generous. 2
Michael Jennings. Showed good speed for NSW only try, but his defence was pathetic. 4
Josh Morris. Worst game I have ever seen him play. 3
Brett Morris. Ditto his brother. 3
Mitchell Pearce. Happily for NSW I think he's played his last Origin. 7 missed tackles last night. Highlight was running down Thurston late in the game. 3
Trent Hodkinson. Defence was ok at best, but as usual did nothing when he managed to get the ball. 3
Aaron Woods. Gave away too many silly penalties which hurt the Blues. 3
Michael Ennis. Like Dugan, never gave up, but has obviously played his last Origin. 5
James Tamou. Form went out the window and so did his brain. Lucky not to be sent off. 3
Beau Scott. Usually solid defence was missing last night. Brain went missing also. 3
Ryan Hoffman. Lucky to get injured early because he missed most of it. 2
Paul Gallen. Like Dugan and Ennis is one Blue who tried hard all game. 6
Trent Merrin. Did he play? Totally ineffective and to compound things had a brain snap. 3
Boyd Cordner. Another of the "Should never play Origin again" brigade. 3
David Klemmer. The Blues enforcer of Game 2 was expected to bring more of the same. He didn't even come close. 3
Josh Jackson. Not much game time so could hardly be blamed. 4

Referee performance aside, the simple fact is that NSW did not handle the pressure at all last night. It was the most embarrassing performance I have ever seen from a NSW team. Thankfully no Manly player was in that side.

Being honest, even without the penalties......Qld were making metres with the ball almost at will last night and NSW really only have themselves to blame for the loss. Not that they will only blame themselves.....the refs (who were crap, that I won't argue about) will get most of the blame, especially from the fans. A quick read of Facebook shows that.

One thing the Blues could have done with last night. Someone who could tackle without giving away penalties for a brain snap. Someone like Jake Trbojevic......

Last edited:
Before the game some people were calling Woods the best prop in the game LOL. I would take Matulino, Bromwich, Graham, Klemmer, Scott, Myles, Burgess G, Burgess T and even Lillyman all before that powderpuff.

The NSW team needs to start from scratch. For me out of the entire pack I would only retain Klemmer, Jackson and Hoffman. Every other forward there has had their go and has done nothing. Klemmer didn't have the best game but I still like the way he plays, also when the time he come onto the field the game was as good as gone.

Out of the backs Jmoz, Floppa, Pearce, and Hokko should all be gone. Sure they will lose when rebuilding but I would bet it wont be as embarrassing as what that team last night dished up LOL.

So...bring in:
Tariq Sims for Boyd Cordner (bigger, stronger, more aggressive)
Dylan Walker for J Morris?
Uate for Hopoate? (Not just 'cos it rhymes...)
Adam Reynolds for Pearce?
Still lacking in quality for mine. Glen Stewart back in Blue?
Who else?

Will Mitchell Pearce announce his retirement from Rep Footy anytime soon??
Knowing Master coach Daley he will stick solid by his bum chum Junior and announce he will be next years half LOL. It still baffles me how NSW finally win a series in nine years and the first thing they want to do is change the halves to a guy who has never, and still hasn't, won a series. Pathetic.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8