S.O.O Game 3 - 2015 Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wasn't Josh Reynolds suspended for his trip in the game against Canberra which forced Daley to pick Pearce as the 5/8? And if not for James Graham's hit on Adam Reynolds that injured the Souffs half I think we would have seen him in Origin this year. I actually wonder if that hit helped Hodkinson keep his spot because otherwise he didn't deserve selection even after last year. Even his club coach Des didn't think much of his form by dropping him to the bench

Not once in the 3 games did Will Hopoate justify his selection. He was in mediocre form for the Speels before the series and that continued in all 3 games I'm no Souffs fan but how he got picked in front of Alex Johnston I'll never know.

Once again, NSW lost the series at the selection table as much as it lost it on the field.

"One thing the Blues could have done with last night. Someone who could tackle without giving away penalties for a brain snap. Someone like Jake Trbojevic"

Yep. There is something about this NSW side, particularly the pack that is just dumb. Players like Woods, Scott, Merrin, Tamou, Ennis, pearce, Dugan and Hodkinson. Just dumb players. Its one of the reasons I really don't give a f.ck about whether they get flogged. They lost the first game on sheer stupidity and last night the score got away from them for the same reason.

So...bring in:
Tariq Sims for Boyd Cordner (bigger, stronger, more aggressive)
Dylan Walker for J Morris?
Uate for Hopoate? (Not just 'cos it rhymes...)
Adam Reynolds for Pearce?
Still lacking in quality for mine. Glen Stewart back in Blue?
Who else?
Roberts, Moylan, Fizzell, im not sure really but most of the current crop have had their go and have lost repeatedly. I'd try something like this
Moylan
Bmoz
Roberts
Dugan
Walker? not sure
Reynolds and Austin
Klemmer, Peats, ?
Hoffman,Jackson
Sims
interchange
Frizzell, Fifita, Cartwright, ?
I don't know mate but anything is better than that **** last night, and as I've said the current crop have had long enough time for some new blood.

So...bring in:
Tariq Sims for Boyd Cordner (bigger, stronger, more aggressive)
Dylan Walker for J Morris?
Uate for Hopoate? (Not just 'cos it rhymes...)
Adam Reynolds for Pearce?
Still lacking in quality for mine. Glen Stewart back in Blue?
Who else?

Mansour for hopoate. Adam reynolds for hodkinson and blake austin for pearce. Moylan can fit in there somewhere as well

Awesome game last night, there's nothing quite like a maroon tidal wave, hopefully another maroon team can make one starting against the titans. Would be good to see Gallen admit they were crap and Qld devastating instead of just saying we didn't see that coming.

He was lazy, 14 NSw players made more tackles than Lillyman, in fact only 7 players made less tackles. Pretty poor for a center defender
His lack of defence was because Q:LD had 67% of the possession last night and NSW hardly had the ball when he was on the field.

His 120 metres in 31 minutes was better than anyone in the NSW side.

Fair effort I think

Five key points from game 3:

(1) I expect the Cowboys to be Tahmo-less for the big game at Brookie in 2 weeks. Every little bit helps.
(2) I have a question - did Pearce play?.
(3) The difference was choc Watmough, according to choc Watmough.
(4) Dogko was lucky he became Drugko before kickoff because he ain't reprsentin' again.
(5) lol @ Wally.

NYEagle
Following on my post last night, another dog act by the NRL to give Tamou 1 week.
Shows you they are pulling out all stops to try and derail Manly ensuring he gets back nice and fresh in 2 weeks.
If that were Steve Matai - guaranteed 4 weeks!.
All the more energy from me for this finals run. If they can do it it sticks it right up the arse of the NRL.
NYEagle

Following on my post last night, another dog act by the NRL to give Tamou 1 week.
Shows you they are pulling out all stops to try and derail Manly ensuring he gets back nice and fresh in 2 weeks.
All the more energy from me for this finals run. If they can do it it sticks it right up the arse of the NRL.
NYEagle
Tamou only got 1 week?

Wow. I don't even..... High shot was worth 2 weeks alone, and that's ignoring the follow-up stiff arm/uppercut...

Hopoate has the worst defensive read in the nrl i can't see him playing origin any longer.

He should never have been selected in the first place. He was in mediocre form for the Speels, yet somehow managed to get selected for Origin over new test player Alex Johnston. None of us here are Souffs fans but I think we'd nearly all agree he would have been better than Hopoate. At no stage in any of the 3 games did Hoppa Mk.II ever justify his place in the team.

On form alone Jorge would have been better on the wing for NSW than Hopoate was.

they made those blue witches hats so life like for the training run last night.

in seriousness, if i were a blue fan that would have been hard to watch. i think QLD were given some momentum with a couple of penalties in the middle of the first half, but they also defended a bad knock on call and bad penalty call early and didnt give in as easily as the blues team did.

I cant recall a team ever punishing a team for penalties ( correct or incorrect) or errors as brutally.

Hoppa, Klemmer and a few others all made really poor handling errors compounding the maroons already huge possession and didn't seem to have the stomach to defend it.

As a maroon, i think Daley and previous coaches putting all the resources into 'Gallen-ball' and trying to prove how tough you are for 80 minutes rather than win a football match has cost you about 6-8 years. it gets you close, but in the end its not a winning formula.

He has to go, and the disdain for Hodko seems misplaced. no one was good for blues last night, except dugans effort, but Pearce is the major problem. much moreso than Hodko. Pearce never to play again surely.

Klemmer and Woods definitely read too much in the paper about themselves. Woods played like Nate Myles usually does. slow and with no discipline.

your never going to win against 70% possession... but the lack of heart to try was as concerning as it was obvious. gonna be a long year in the media for some players.

for maroons, JT is a beast. Johns and Locky the only players in last 20 years to be in same class.

All in all, 2015 is a season that I would like to sponge from history....
It can only get better from here on in....

they made those blue witches hats so life like for the training run last night.

in seriousness, if i were a blue fan that would have been hard to watch. i think QLD were given some momentum with a couple of penalties in the middle of the first half, but they also defended a bad knock on call and bad penalty call early and didnt give in as easily as the blues team did.

I cant recall a team ever punishing a team for penalties ( correct or incorrect) or errors as brutally.

Hoppa, Klemmer and a few others all made really poor handling errors compounding the maroons already huge possession and didn't seem to have the stomach to defend it.

As a maroon, i think Daley and previous coaches putting all the resources into 'Gallen-ball' and trying to prove how tough you are for 80 minutes rather than win a football match has cost you about 6-8 years. it gets you close, but in the end its not a winning formula.

He has to go, and the disdain for Hodko seems misplaced. no one was good for blues last night, except dugans effort, but Pearce is the major problem. much moreso than Hodko. Pearce never to play again surely.

Klemmer and Woods definitely read too much in the paper about themselves. Woods played like Nate Myles usually does. slow and with no discipline.

your never going to win against 70% possession... but the lack of heart to try was as concerning as it was obvious. gonna be a long year in the media for some players.

for maroons, JT is a beast. Johns and Locky the only players in last 20 years to be in same class.
Agree to disagree - bottom line QLD have an abundance of high quality NewSouthWelshmen that want to play for QLD. NSW are in the situation that QLD found themselves in 9 yrs ago when they bitched and moaned about the end of origin. NSW will win 3 or 4 commencing in the next 2 years - we won't win 8 as the redneckers will spontaneously combust if we win more than that

Spoken like a true bitter NSW supporter :)

NYEagle

Cows have the bye this weekend so he serves his match against us

All I can say is thank the **** it's over, and after about Saturday I can stop hearing, reading, or looking at " Queenslander".

Can we now resume normal transmission???

Tamou only got one week for a high tackle followed by a swinging arm on Lillyman when he was on the ground?

And the NRL wonder why the fans are becoming disillusioned. Actually, do they really wonder or are they simply oblivious to it?

On a side note, I had to correct Lote Tuqiri on a tweet he made claiming Justin Hodges as the best centre in the last 10 years. Sorry Lote but that title belongs to Killer ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6