Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We cant go back to Des, too much water under the bridge for that. For now we need to let Barrett do his thing and put the team through a rigorous off season and have them primed for 2017. On paper we have potential but we need to see who is signed before we go any further.

I have stated for a while that my belief is that Bozo is running the place. I hope Barrett is allowed to coach without too much interference. Make or break year for him!!
Des is the last person we need. God please don't let it happen.

And who do you surmise will take over? Considering the current coaching talent is at such a low. Dragon's keeping McGregor and the Knight's doing likewise with Brown is testament to how bare the coaching cupboard looks right now.
Ideally Toovey,the Penns and all their gronks **** off and either Surfside comes back or NRL ownership,because it couldn't be worse than these ****wits

Second choice Desmond

Third choice Cleary

Manly are signing players like they are going out of style, but it has little to do with coach Trent Barrett.

Bob Fulton has been calling all the shots at Manly - it’s Bozo’s way - and Barrett has had to fall into line.

With rumours flying thick and fast over Des Hasler’s future, Barrett’s position has come under question.

Hasler is a favourite son at Manly and plenty of people would love to see him return.

But if he does, it will be in a coaching director type role with Barrett remaining as head coach.

Manly have again been among the big movers in off-season trading, signing Cameron Cullen (Titans), Blake Green (Storm), Shaun Lane (Warriors), Akuila Uate (Knights) and Jonathan Wright (Warriors).

But their biggest achievement has been re-signing the Trbojevic brothers - Jake and Tom - on a massive package deal.

Both were in hot demand for 2018, with the Dragons leading the charge.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...le-at-manly/8lg6sdabo2om19ylmvy1p3bbb/slide/2

I'm very, very happy with our signings despite it being a risky strategy of signing "falling players". Blake Green, Suaia Matagi, Curtis Sironen, Shaun Lane and possibly Dean Whare or DWZ (to replace matai should he not return) are very good signings IMO. They suit manly! They aren't no Lewis Brown, Nate Myles or Api Korisau (good player don't think he suits manly) style signings. What I'm not happy about is the way we deal with the legends in our side. Snake, Buhrer and Toovs pop into mind :(

I'm very, very happy with our signings despite it being a risky strategy of signing "falling players". Blake Green, Suaia Matagi, Curtis Sironen, Shaun Lane and possibly Dean Whare or DWZ (to replace matai should he not return) are very good signings IMO. They suit manly! They aren't no Lewis Brown, Nate Myles or Api Korisau (good player don't think he suits manly) style signings. What I'm not happy about is the way we deal with the legends in our side. Snake, Buhrer and Toovs pop into mind :(

The trouble young Turbo, is that most mentioned in your post have NOT signed !!
Pure speculation , innuendo, or rumours at the very very best!

Uate.....aka " captain risky "
Cullen......" could be BUT at this stage another QLD Cup
Player.
Green.....granted current FG and our best signing.

The rest....well let's see shall we.

The trouble young Turbo, is that most mentioned in your post have NOT signed !!
Pure speculation , innuendo, or rumours at the very very best!

Uate.....aka " captain risky "
Cullen......" could be BUT at this stage another QLD Cup
Player.
Green.....granted current FG and our best signing.

The rest....well let's see shall we.
Yes, I, Harry not turbo, did include names that are not technically signed yet. But matagi is well known to be a done deal. Phil Gould revealed it on Twitter a few weeks back, I'll try find the link. Sironen isn't staying at the Tigers as he's been bullied there by the coaching staff, so far we are the only ones linked to him. That too seems a done deal.

Luckily I put in that Whare or DWZ are in the possible signings category as pointed out by others on silvertails. Hope we get one but I am doubtful, however I think Whare may come in 2018. DWZ is a slight, slight chance and if Whare is signed then DWZ definitely won't be.

If all turns out as it seems, how'd you feel about the side? I like the look of it so far but we need stability in the signing department in future years cause the last two off seasons have seemed like we are signing, and are linked to everyone. Please just give us a break football gods!

Yes, I, Harry not turbo, did include names that are not technically signed yet. But matagi is well known to be a done deal. Phil Gould revealed it on Twitter a few weeks back, I'll try find the link. Sironen isn't staying at the Tigers as he's been bullied there by the coaching staff, so far we are the only ones linked to him. That too seems a done deal.

Luckily I put in that Whare or DWZ are in the possible signings category as pointed out by others on silvertails. Hope we get one but I am doubtful, however I think Whare may come in 2018. DWZ is a slight, slight chance and if Whare is signed then DWZ definitely won't be.

If all turns out as it seems, how'd you feel about the side? I like the look of it so far but we need stability in the signing department in future years cause the last two off seasons have seemed like we are signing, and are linked to everyone. Please just give us a break football gods!

With those extra's we'd have a pretty fair team, but I don't think we will get them all, 1 probably , 2 maybe, more unlikely.

Keep the faith young fella, it's a long road to success!!

No question that the last two performances have been feeble to say the least. The reality is that the team is developing and this is a building year. Our lack of depth is exposed right now and there are guys playing injured. Storm are a different class at the moment. The young guys will learn from this. The fact that we have a million in cap that is wasted is telling now. A big learning curve today.

Actually I've been expecting a few blow outs. This team has been playing well above its weight. We have a good core that is young but not yet experienced enough. We have some forwards who have played well but are reserve graders. This was like Des' second year, a developing year. They have exceeded expectations by a long way and still may make a dent on the finals though I cant see them winning. But we have a lot of extra cash for next year and with Fulton's good eye for talent, we could be seriously threatening next year. Be pleased with what they've achieved which is a lot more than had been expected.

On what basis does Fulton have an 'eye for talent'? You'd be going back to the 94-96 period? His work with the Blues would be the only recent evidence and it's not good. Letting Jamie B and Gutherson go were catastrophic decisions.

On what basis does Fulton have an 'eye for talent'? You'd be going back to the 94-96 period? His work with the Blues would be the only recent evidence and it's not good. Letting Jamie B and Gutherson go were catastrophic decisions.
But, letting Foran go was a masterstroke.... oh, wait a minute...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8