[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, the 1 prop thing is weird! Surely that can't continue next year. It's not like we're short of them in the squad.
What's your thoughts on Zac Fulton? I'm trying hard not to get too carried away with his short 1 game effort but he seems to have that bit of terrier in him that our pack seems to be lacking. At 21, I think he's ready to take the step up - depending on his pre season - as a bench player. Where to play him tho, is the question.

Damien2812

Bencher
can you name one club that doesn't have 3 or more players on high salaries ??
That's had to say because other caps obviously top up their players with 3rd party deals. I just feel alot of the cap money is used on 3 players since the club struggles on the 3rd party part.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It seems to me that ever since "the spine" became the be all and end all of a teams success, clubs seem to have little choice but to invest huge parts of the salary cap to them. Chez and Tom with us - actually, I should have thought that through a bit more b4 I started coz I don't really know how much much these next players are on but it must be substantial - Mitchell, Walker and Cook for Souths, Teddy, Keary, Walker (soon), Munster, Pap, Hughes and Grant (also soon). And I just read that the Tiges are dangling $7 mil. So there isn't alot more to go around. I don't see how it's sustainable.

Pete W

Bencher
I think the word "high" salaries needs to be clarified. If you mean, which clubs pay over 3M for their top 3 players, then the answer is 1: Manly, and Manly alone (over 3.2M). Most clubs spend between 2M and up to 3M (avg. 2.5M) for their top 3 (this is not including 'extras'). That leaves us approx. 700k short to spend elsewhere (or around 7-8% disadvantage)

Add to that our most valuable asset is rarely fit or even on the field, add a cool 850k to Taupau, who has never really understood the notion of 'team' and provides countless errors per season. Our owner's lacking ability to compensate the rest of the squad for being underpaid as a result (e.g. Politis) exacerbates the issue and sends red flags to player agents considering any Manly offers that come their clients' way.

Even a minor error in list management has a ripple like effect only compounding the translated onfield disadvantage

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

He's definitely feeling the pressure. Journos again doing their job. All a bit sad really.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Manly coach Des Hasler says calls for his axing don't faze him, encouraging his critics to "line up".

While the Sea Eagles' season has fallen to pieces in losing five straight games - including their last three by a combined 70 points - Hasler maintained spirits hadn't dropped in his dressing room as they approach Saturday's encounter with Canberra.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Never say die Des has always been known for his comebacks

To Des Every setback is a setup for another comeback

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Manly coach Des Hasler says calls for his axing don't faze him, encouraging his critics to "line up".

While the Sea Eagles' season has fallen to pieces in losing five straight games - including their last three by a combined 70 points - Hasler maintained spirits hadn't dropped in his dressing room as they approach Saturday's encounter with Canberra.
Yeah, but what Des says publicly is not a reflection of reality. When has Des ever said it like it is? @:D He plays mind games and strategy anytime he opens his mouth in public.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yeah, but what Des says publicly is not a reflection of reality. When has Des ever said it like it is? @:D He plays mind games and strategy anytime he opens his mouth in public.
Des does play mind games but the fact is .....

Never say die Des has always been known for his comebacks
To Des Every setback is a setup for another comeback

Ryan

Journey Man
Does the overbearing school teacher act too with the media, by asking things like, "what are you trying to say?", to put the fear of God into them about asking hard, direct questions.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Does the overbearing school teacher act too with the media, by asking things like, "what are you trying to say?", to put the fear of God into them about asking hard, direct questions.
I reckon Des should go full out WWE.... walk out with a cane and threaten to distribute the cuts for any unruly press behaviour. Chuck in a blazer with elbow patches and a chalk duster in the top pocket.

Ryan

Journey Man
I reckon Des should go full out WWE.... walk out with a cane and threaten to distribute the cuts for any unruly press behaviour. Chuck in a blazer with elbow patches and a chalk duster in the top pocket.

I could see Des Hasler being the Macho Man Randy Savage type hahaha

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Never say die Des has been known for his Resilience

Once again He will Resolve our current circumstances

And Once again he will Resurrect the Manly Sea eagles to the top

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
OUR GREATEST GLORY IS
NOT IN NEVER FALLING