Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I am against the grain with Seibold, I think he is still a pass mark at this stage, a couple of things where he hasn’t reacted to player form.

1. Garrick experience has not worked, podcasts on the Manly game review have all highlighted his poor defensive reads at centre.

2. 3 prop selection on the bench.

3. The left edge attack has been down.

Other than that it has been the senior players that have not gotten the team over the line in the last two games, DCE has had to many bad moments in the last few games.

No need to move on Seibold just yet for me.

I'm not sure picking the fattest coach in the league was a good idea unless there's a plane crash and you need to eat someone....
He doesn’t inspire much confidence, does he?

And can someone tell him to do his top button up? He doesn’t have a hairy chest.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: God
I am against the grain with Seibold, I think he is still a pass mark at this stage, a couple of things where he hasn’t reacted to player form.

1. Garrick experience has not worked, podcasts on the Manly game review have all highlighted his poor defensive reads at centre.

Other than that it has been the senior players that have not gotten the team over the line in the last two games, DCE has had to many bad moments in the last few games.

He’s got this year for me and if we don’t make the 8 he gets punted.

Tge positives so far is we’ve lost each game by 6 or less - albeit to crap opposition. So take the stupid s$&@ out of games (which are in the players, not coach) brooks intercept v warriors, errors on our goal line last week,dce intercept and kick happy Tom last night and we have a few more wins and in top 4.

The next month is going to be interesting. Guac can’t come back soon enough. Croker back next week, Koula to fb. Could shake it up a bit. When’s brown back?

The core group of players have underperformed in the same mentally fragile way and style under 3 coaches with des twice .have all 3 coaches gone, nah **** it lets go for 12 th but with flair and get september off before world cup or rep footy

I think the problem lay in the core players and i mentioned it many years ago
dare i say coach killers, Not Barrett

some journo needs to find out if any of our players have timeshare in september

seibs has our roster moving forward. Just needs to make some big calls

brooks is owning it, maybe rest the captain and give arthur a run. Guy goes forward and straight, much slower

We have to be the easiest team to coach against.
Tackle 1 and 2 are just lame winger hit ups.
Tackle 3 is the Jake hitup.
Tackle 4 is the attempted block shape play that DCE manages to ****up with some headless chook decisions or a poor dummy half pass.
Tackle 5 is the Turbo hitup and then a no pressure kick.
In defense we just run the 2nd rower or winger up out of the line leaving the wing exposed or DCE just leaves huge gaps by being too close to his next man.

The team I would like to see him pick next week (dreaming)
Koula
Garrick LW
Talaou
Burbo
Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Aloia
Waddles
Mole
Jake

Lodge
Brown
Toff
Arthur

Any mention of how the defence has not improved one bit,under his watch?Or the overuse of Tom Trbojevic in attack?Or the continued selection of ordinary players that coincidentally are managed by the same person who just so happens to be his manager?Or the clear out of plenty of young promising players,based,as far as we all know,on an issue the club has with a certain manager(yes I understand a couple of those players were being overpaid and it messed up the cap,but…)?
In his tenure,not even many of the wins have been convincing

It’s bizarre, I can’t understand how we were able to beat both souffs & the rorters & grind out a good win over Penrith but lose to Saints, Canberra & Dolphins.

We’re obviously capable of winning these games but for some reason we switch off after 30 minutes each half & seem to be focused on scoring points & not defending them.

Dunno what the issue is.

It’s bizarre, I can’t understand how we were able to beat both souffs & the rorters & grind out a good win over Penrith but lose to Saints, Canberra & Dolphins.

We’re obviously capable of winning these games but for some reason we switch off after 30 minutes each half & seem to be focused on scoring points & not defending them.

Dunno what the issue is.
Tough onfield leadership has the team fighting for big plays and the scraps in the same way. Has the team fighting in the 15 th and 75 th minute. The guys with the ball are obvious non believers

total lack of patience for the grind. Its hard to play grind footythough when every step your half takes is sideways unless backing up

Dunno what the issue is.
Still feel the comp is closer this year. You come without focus and intent and make silly errors, you won’t win. I mean titans (last) nearly beat storm (first) last week. Really the difference in results between us and Melb is the gritty edge (soft underbelly) and footy smarts to get the job done. We don’t have it and for mine that’s what the issue is. The rosters good enough to compete we’ve all seen that.

Our inability to develop a defensive plan is a red flag for me. Its not just the rushing in of the outside backs. It is our try line defence as well. In every game this year, including Souths in Rnd 1 it felt like the opposition could score at anytime. We got rid of who Ithought was the biggest offender, Tui but we dish up the same rubbish. This has to be coaching. Therefore we need to get the best defensive coach in the business or an assistant coach from the Panthers.

The other red flag is our game plan and lack of discipline. Wet weather, when leading a game - we need to be more composed and play the 1%'s e.g. kick to corners, straight line in defence. We seem to be a team fill of trick plays and recklass passing no matter what the circumstances. Siebold can be as disappointed as he likes but the game plan starts with him.

Another season of false promises.................

Any mention of how the defence has not improved one bit,under his watch?Or the overuse of Tom Trbojevic in attack?Or the continued selection of ordinary players that coincidentally are managed by the same person who just so happens to be his manager?Or the clear out of plenty of young promising players,based,as far as we all know,on an issue the club has with a certain manager(yes I understand a couple of those players were being overpaid and it messed up the cap,but…)?
In his tenure,not even many of the wins have been convincing

Strongly agree with your points there Nordburg. Noted that the best players like Turbo, Jurbo, DCE are trying too hard. Turbo was playing dummy half at times. The defensive structure is obviously quite flawed and its destroying all the good work in getting Manly into what should be a winning position. Noted that Koula came alive moving to full back and really I think he should stay there and have Turbo (if he comes back) in the centres. Both halves are trying hard to get this team moving. Talau is looking good on the wing. Waddell tries hard, Jake is always there and well done Brooks for only one missed tackle from 25 tackles, a try assist and good yardage in attack. Defense was a little better but this team is still not functioning on all spark plugs and gets seemingly tired by half time.

If the team is getting gassed, despite apparently being fit, maybe we could try to keep possession more, instead of kicking the ball away mid set so often.

Just a thought, I'm sure our illustrious coaching staff have considered it.

It'll never happen but it's time.

Koula
RAY.V
Talaou
 GARICK
Paulo
Brooks
ARTHUR
Paseka
DCE
JAKE
Waddles