Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I like siebold however this is lunacy.

We missed the eight last season and we look pretty average this season so far.

We should have been talking to Wayne Bennet ourselves.
Nah! Our policy now is to only recruit coaches that have been previously sacked …. Then we sack them again!

Just sayin’

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thank you for posting @Nordburg
I do not have any agenda for any Manly Personalities in our club as our Legendary clubs Greatness has never been defined by Personalities but only by Great Performers

Reading the Headlines that Seibold has stormed out of the Manly meeting after failing to get a positive contract extension response from his substandard underachieving Performance .
I extend my disappointment at Seibold's arrogant dummy spit and his ungrateful attitude
Our club has given this Bronco Historical Wooden spoon Outcast the opportunity to redeem himself and this is the arrogant walk out from a Manly club meeting that we get .

A clubs Culture is Cultivated by a head coaches Character and as a Long time Manly supporter who have seen the highs and the lows and the Greats and the not so Greats
I have seen enough to say that Seibold does not have the Greatness that it takes to take us to THE MANLY WAY of Winning and Glorying our Legendary club as the Greatest of all club that it once was

Time is of essence
and it is time to move forward by moving on the underachievers of our Legendary Great club

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Nah! Our policy now is to only recruit coaches that have been previously sacked …. Then we sack them again!

Just sayin’
Coaches only get sacked by failing to get teams into the finals
Failing to get teams into the finals is the final straw feathered friend

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I'm no fan of Seibold and would not be upset by him departing. The only real replacements out there that I see are Maguire or Toovey & I don't see either happening. But let's be fair to Seibold, we have a rubbish roster that's horribly unbalanced, with a weak forward pack and a star-studded backline that so injury prone as to render it wasted.

We need a Roster rebuild before we need a new coach.

Nordburg

First Grader
I'm no fan of Seibold and would not be upset by him departing. The only real replacements out there that I see are Maguire or Toovey & I don't see either happening. But let's be fair to Seibold, we have a rubbish roster that's horribly unbalanced, with a weak forward pack and a star-studded backline that so injury prone as to render it wasted.

The roster is better than the Dolphins

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The priority is the right coach .
The right coach rebuilds the right way
Its not only about having a good roster . More importantly is having a Great Master that is capable of Moulding his players into a Resilient Winning Machine

Coaches inspire the club culture and set the standards
1716433380749.png

court83

Bencher
Guy doesn't deserve an extension.. come see us next year and maybe with a few results on the board they can talk about it....

On a side note, what's the "this masthead" crap all about?? Every single article now over the last 6 months or so has some mention of a masthead at least twice per story .. what's the story with that?????

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Thank you for posting @Nordburg
I do not have any agenda for any Manly Personalities in our club as our Legendary clubs Greatness has never been defined by Personalities but only by Great Performers

Reading the Headlines that Seibold has stormed out of the Manly meeting after failing to get a positive contract extension response from his substandard underachieving Performance .
I extend my disappointment at Seibold's arrogant dummy spit and his ungrateful attitude
Our club has given this Bronco Historical Wooden spoon Outcast the opportunity to redeem himself and this is the arrogant walk out from a Manly club meeting that we get .

A clubs Culture is Cultivated by a head coaches Character and as a Long time Manly supporter who have seen the highs and the lows and the Greats and the not so Greats
I have seen enough to say that Seibold does not have the Greatness that it takes to take us to THE MANLY WAY of Winning and Glorying our Legendary club as the Greatest of all club that it once was

Time is of essence
and it is time to move forward by moving on the underachievers of our Legendary Great club
Harsh taskmaster there Bozo, but I understand the sentiment.

I was hoping this coach would get Manly back on track but so far I've been disappointed. I think Many has the basis of a top 8 side and maybe higher, the foundations of an eventual winner. But I've been concerned firstly about letting certain young players go before they have matured (thats not just Seibold's fault) but I've especially been concerned about their defensive structures, which haven't improved and in fact are slightly worse.

The attack looks very good at times, but Manly seem to consistently go off the boil and let the other side back with soft tries. Is it fitness? Bob Fulton always impressed on his team that defense comes first, and if you have talented players, the attack will follow. This hasn't been happening at Manly since 2015.

2021 was an impressive attacking year, but the defense was found wanting. No coach since 2015 seems able to address this issue. Manly need to look at Penrith, Sharks and Melbourne, not because of their attack, but because of their defense. Those teams' attacks are no better than Manly. Its the defense where the difference lies. That's where Manly is failing. And that's where the coach is failing.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I like siebold he does come accross as a good guy. The duplicating of the cultural piece for new players like the storm do is brilliant, hes recruited some good players (brown, Tommy t and brooks but it is a results driven business and we are yet to see the results.

That being the case I'm with mestrov here, seibs has a contract for next year why rush.

As a fan I would be pissed if manly miss the 8 again and siebs doesnt lose his job and thats not person.

Icons of the club have been sacked as coach for less, Toovey had 3 top for finishes including a GF then missed the 8 and was punted. Des got us to a prelim final in 21 missed the finals in 22 and was punted. Why should an outsider get double the chances they got.

There are some serious alternate coaches out there, number one on my list would be Brad Arthur, he was there the last time with made a GF as tooveys assistant and was loved by the players and helped toovey get the boys in to a GF.

Madge is another or even Tooves. Another dual premiership Manly player who is building quite a reputation in the coaching ranks is Ballin, hes at the broncos as an assistant and is one of Slaters assistants with the maroon pricks. Ingls and a few other FOGs and been quiet open in their opinions that Ballin should be the next QLD coach.

The club holds all the aces, everyone needs to sit back and see what the next 4-8 weeks bring, if we finish 6 or above extend siebs. If we make the bottom of the 8 wait to till early next year. if we miss the out we move on him.

Siebold should be backing himself to get them in the 8 and then have better bargaining power however i cant help but think this is being stirred up by his manager. The same manager that Uncle Nick helped get reaccredited with the NRL then dogged the roosters by signing Sua'alil with the ARL

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The roster is better than the Dolphins
Not only that but also The dolphins have only been established for 2 years and their newly picked team are like strangers in the night .
The Difference is Master Coach Bennett has been established and has been a dominating factor in the NRL since 1987

NYEagle

Bencher
Thanks for the post about Seibo

This is good. This guy has achieved nothing yet. If there is anything we learned from the Schuster debacle it is that you don’t resign a guy in a slump.

Manly are unwatchable at the moment with their soft losses and nervous bull**** play. I’m by nature a fiery person. I love effort and love to see a display of care and accountability to results. I’m seeing neither with the club so let him storm off.

I’m making cookies Friday night. Need cookies and ice cream after dinner.

NYEagle

silver

Reserve Grader
Very simple and short meeting after Round 10. "Anthony, no further discussions are to be held until you make the finals. We've blown significant leads in 4 games, sitting 10th, finals for the second year running appear highly unlikely under your watch and the team is not improving, some players regressing. We'll talk again in October".
Hey ! What about if Barrett has a couple of wins with the eels … and parra get a new coach … we could bring back Trent.

Hey I’m just sayin’ !!!!…. We brought back Des didn’t we!
Wash your mouth out with bleach. That is a disgraceful thing to say, joking or not. about as funny as a kick in the balls

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Sack the gronk!

He’s had his chance now and done nothing, defence has not improved one bit and here we are again in 10th place going backwards

Sack the gronk now!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16