Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
The Seibold/Penn relationship:

IMG_9799.jpeg

Damien2812

Bencher
Things are getting interesting now that Brad Arthur is a free agent. I wouldn't be resigning Seibold if we don't make the top 8 this year which is very likely. As for Brad Arthur who is much more experienced and was at the club in 2013 as an assistant, I would sign him to replace Seibold.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Things are getting interesting now that Brad Arthur is a free agent. I wouldn't be resigning Seibold if we don't make the top 8 this year which is very likely. As for Brad Arthur who is much more experienced and was at the club in 2013 as an assistant, I would sign him to replace Seibold.
Agree, Seibold decided to make a play for the contract extension before more match results got any worse. Coming of 3 losses in a row doesn't give him any bargaining power over the club, basically Sieb's is just hoping for a run of wins to take back to the table at this point.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
So you would sign a bloke who has achieved nothing after more than a decade coaching a team with huge juniors nursery and virtually unlimited third-party deals and virtually unlimited resources?????

Wow!!!!!

Rocky

Bencher
Brad Arthur is mediocre...a slight upgrade on Seibold at best.

Surely Manly can do better.

madmax

Bencher
5 wins, 11 games (12 after Storm). One of the worst defensive records in the league. On a sharp trajectory south down the ladder. 3 straight losses. Yep, our new buys are great. Certainly lifted us from our 10th placed finish last season .
So the losses are due to Talau, Brooks & Brown?? We didn’t have them last year or the year before & we lost!! Perhaps Tom & Jake need a mention as to why we lose? Perhaps it’s coz we don’t have a proper hooker? Anyway we all have an opinion. For mine the 3 I’ve mentioned in this thread have earned their salaries so far!

Ryan

Journey Man
So the losses are due to Talau, Brooks & Brown?? We didn’t have them last year or the year before & we lost!! Perhaps Tom & Jake need a mention as to why we lose? Perhaps it’s coz we don’t have a proper hooker? Anyway we all have an opinion. For mine the 3 I’ve mentioned in this thread have earned their salaries so far!

No, but they are a part of it and not immune to the fault either. It's a team sport, and as a collective, our team is ****ting the bed, AGAIN.

eaglebuzz

Bencher

You know of any better coaches who are free agents at the moment?

I think Arthur coached quite well at the Eels. Nearly won them a premiership despite the fact that their squad has been complete arse for most of his coaching tenure.

Pete W

Bencher
Honestly it says everything if the only team "looking" at him might be the so very well run Eels
The Eels are certainly not looking at him. No club is. Little birds in the media coming from Moses camp.

This is his fifth year as head coach of some pretty decent teams. He has less than 12 months remaining of ever working in such a capacity for any club again, I'm calling it now.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Personally and from what I have seen .
Arthur appears to have more Character Substance than Seibold
Seibold appears to be Subdued

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Love your Attitude and High Manly Standards @Rocky
We should Aways strive for Better
That is only the way we march forward to our Great Manly Way !

Damien2812

Bencher
So you would sign a bloke who has achieved nothing after more than a decade coaching a team with huge juniors nursery and virtually unlimited third-party deals and virtually unlimited resources?????

Wow!!!!!
Arthur's defensive structures at the Eels was very good and how good would that be at Manly? The juniors nursery isn't just Arthur's problem, it's the whole Eels board that's at fault and the unlimited 3rd party is far fetched. The eels have lost some quality players over the last 2 years and if the Eels had that "Unlimited 3rd party deals" plenty of players would have stayed.

Damien2812

Bencher
Personally and from what I have seen .
Arthur appears to have more Character Substance than Seibold
Seibold appears to be Subdued
Very true. Arthur isn't afraid of telling anyone if his team played poor or good. He also doesn't sugar coat that poor performance that Seibold seems to do.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18