Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I said at the time, apologies if I interpreted your take too harshly…

It was just an observation and I certainly did not mean for it to have any significant impact on your postings… generally I enjoy reading your contributions, we just are polar opposites on whether Chez is good value to the squad (or not)…
We are good frankie. i respect the difference of opinion and the apology but after a while it does takes its toll When opinion is left out
but we are cool kind sir and id love to buy you a beer and have a proper chat One day
Typing and the written word isn't always my go

i get my opinion and the captain are polarising. I know i am not on my pat malone in that opinion either so there is something to it

happy to carry on and thanks again for clarifying. Enjoy your day

Anyone else.finally cracked after this thread, and feel forced into what to say, think and feel now? I'm not comfortable anymore being honest and/or truthful in these threads.

Kudos and congratulations guys, you've literally done it. I'm sure there are many others in my boat who are now feeling the same way (but won't say anything).

You'll be getting a fake version of people fearful that they have to please everyone by saying only positive things , regardless of form. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's sensibilities and feelings.
Hey mate, not having a go but I think you’re interpreting things the wrong way.

Take a look at your reply to @Harmless27 in his ‘Can’t have it both ways’ thread.

That’s the sort of negativity that bugs me because it’s insulting & personal.

Is there any need to refer to their post as dribble just because you disagree with it?

Anyone else.finally cracked after this thread, and feel forced into what to say, think and feel now? I'm not comfortable anymore being honest and/or truthful in these threads.

Kudos and congratulations guys, you've literally done it. I'm sure there are many others in my boat who are now feeling the same way (but won't say anything).

You'll be getting a fake version of people fearful that they have to please everyone by saying only positive things , regardless of form. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's sensibilities and feelings.
Honest response to your post Ryan.
You are the only poster I can recall in here who talked openly about your struggles with your mental health.
And then you post this?

Help me understand.

james mcavoy split GIF

Hey mate, not having a go but I think you’re interpreting things the wrong way.

Take a look at your reply to @Harmless27 in his ‘Can’t have it both ways’ thread.

That’s the sort of negativity that bugs me because it’s insulting & personal.

Is there any need to refer to their post as dribble just because you disagree with it?

The kids copped it from pillar to post from the fans, to the club, to the other players, to the media. The vitriol towards and about him is outrageous man. He's just turned 22. Honestly, reading that thread lead to a fair bit of frustration, and to claim Flanagan going to The Dragons, is our easy out to get rid of Josh.....I mean, come on, that's rough.

Can't we just get behind him, let him be? He hasn't said anything negative despite all this (Josh I mean).

Honest response to your post Ryan.
You are the only poster I can recall in here who talked openly about your struggles with your mental health.
And then you post this?

Help me understand.

I just don't get why and how people can't support, or vocalise their support the way they choose without reprisal. Empathy goes a long way (and there's no way near enough of it today). But I do wish people get what they give (including me, so I get it).

I have absolutely 0 tolerance at someone questioning Marks mental health (but as has been seen, it was actually done so in an innocent, empathetic way in hindsight).

I understand that people need to take breaks. I get people get frustrated and annoyed with the negativity.

BUT, from MY perspective, this thread was just an open attack on posters who vent a spleen or frustration (particularly during a gdt) on the forums. So much so, that people won't be authentic or honest in their posting now.

I understand where your confusion with me is, or my stance on it, but I'll say this. If it's the footy or someone's comment about the footy someone's arguing against, fair play . But don't make it about the person.

As @47MVEagle stated above, he felt my comments in another thread were inappropriate, and that's fair enough too. BUT, what I MEANT to say in that other thread, is that I felt "the comment" was dribble, not the person themselves are a dribbler (if that makes sense).

Anyways, maybe my view is all over the shop, but the simple undercurrent to what I'm saying is there's a group here now that will actually feel uncomfortable being authentic and honest, because as an empathetic group, people don't want to deter others from viewing or enjoying the site either, and that's where I'm at, and I do actually think that's disappointing (while not diminishing and devaluing those people who are over the negativity as well btw.)

Your probably more confused now - I know I am hahaha

It's time for me to also step away from the forum. I've got a posthumous album to write anyway, but I was the "gutless" person that "allegedly" questioned Mark's mental health, even though that's not what happened at all...

I've been reading Mark's posts for years and think of him as epitomising everything that's great about this forum. He's far and away my favourite poster on here because he has always seemed so down to earth. Mark would relay his off-grid-on-again travels and talk about the glory days when he was involved in the club, and he never spoke a bad word or got personal with anyone. He is relatable and just a decent human being.

Then I started noticing a shift in the tone of his posts the last few months and could sense him getting frustrated. So I inadvertently asked if he was all good because he was swearing and arguing like I had never seen from him and it obviously got taken the wrong way; which surprises me because he referred to it as the 'last straw' which indicates to me that my perceptions were indeed correct and the state of forum was getting to him.

The last straw for me is we've got people that are absolutely giving it to the club deluxe and some of our best players that try their backsides off (e.g., Garrick), but go in to bat for Josh Schuster?! That's some of the most 'far out' thinking I have ever come across 😂 I'm all for sharing opinions, but that is a bridge too far for me.

Mark can come back now and I will see myself out.
Stay mate, I've welcomed your reasoned points of view

I find the game day thread to be rehash of all the previous rounds game day threads, whether manly win or lose.

Whinging children who bring up poor moments of ref's or players for 95% of the thread, and celebrate a manly try the other 5%. That's it, it's boring as hell

I just don't get why and how people can't support, or vocalise their support the way they choose without reprisal. Empathy goes a long way (and there's no way near enough of it today). But I do wish people get what they give (including me, so I get it).

I have absolutely 0 tolerance at someone questioning Marks mental health (but as has been seen, it was actually done so in an innocent, empathetic way in hindsight).

I understand that people need to take breaks. I get people get frustrated and annoyed with the negativity.

BUT, from MY perspective, this thread was just an open attack on posters who vent a spleen or frustration (particularly during a gdt) on the forums. So much so, that people won't be authentic or honest in their posting now.

I understand where your confusion with me is, or my stance on it, but I'll say this. If it's the footy or someone's comment about the footy someone's arguing against, fair play . But don't make it about the person.

As @47MVEagle stated above, he felt my comments in another thread were inappropriate, and that's fair enough too. BUT, what I MEANT to say in that other thread, is that I felt "the comment" was dribble, not the person themselves are a dribbler (if that makes sense).

Anyways, maybe my view is all over the shop, but the simple undercurrent to what I'm saying is there's a group here now that will actually feel uncomfortable being authentic and honest, because as an empathetic group, people don't want to deter others from viewing or enjoying the site either, and that's where I'm at, and I do actually think that's disappointing (while not diminishing and devaluing those people who are over the negativity as well btw.)

I am somehow more confused yet also think I get what your saying lol

…wow, you have twisted me in knots @ryan…

We have rarely agreed on all things Manly over the years Ryan, but I am in complete lock-step with you on this issue.

Posters calling for other posters to be censored/removed from the website because of negative posts (especially in the GDT) are way over the top imo.

But I guess they will get what they want going forward, just with less overall content to consume, be it positive or negative.

Like everything on this forum i think we are going too hard either way here.

Nobody is explicitly looking to censor people to not hear negativity. Moreso lamenting a general shift it tone.

And on that tone it naturally ebbs and flows in line with club performance and the natural turnover and evolution onf contributors.

Hopefully Mark and Leonard are back soon and hopefully we win our last two to give us a glimpse of hope next year

Like everything on this forum i think we are going too hard either way here.

Nobody is explicitly looking to censor people to not hear negativity. Moreso lamenting a general shift it tone.

And on that tone it naturally ebbs and flows in line with club performance and the natural turnover and evolution onf contributors.

Hopefully Mark and Leonard are back soon and hopefully we win our last two to give us a glimpse of hope next year

I don't want to read the while thread again,but these two posts are off the 1st page, explicitly looking to censor people...so I respectfully disagree with your assertion that no-one is looking to censor people.

I don't believe that self-regulation will be the answer here. It's time for an offseason cull. This applies to both players and posters.......

The game day thread should perhaps be the start of posters being culled.

Sad.. but that's just a toxic vermin breeding ground.

I don't want to read the while thread again,but these two posts are off the 1st page, explicitly looking to censor people...so I respectfully disagree with your assertion that no-one is looking to censor people.
Ha fair play, I haven't read the thread in full.

Shall I say, there wont be legitimate censorship of posters unless that contravene the site rules IMO.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
There is a distinct difference between censoring and culling @mave If posters cannot follow the site's rules, then the administrators already have the ability to remove them from the site for consistently contravening said rules. Censoring flagrant rule breakers by editing or redacting their posts would seem to be a waste of time.
PS. I would have thought an off-season cull of a number of our current players (and posters) would be a logical move considering our failed season and the state of some of the Silvertails threads.

Last edited:
There is a distinct difference between censoring and culling @mave If posters cannot follow the site's rules, then the administrators already have the ability to remove them from the site for consistently contravening said rules. Censoring flagrant rule breakers by editing or redacting their posts would seem to be a waste of time.
PS. I would have thought an off-season cull of a number of our current players (and posters) would be a logical move considering our failed season and the state of some of the Silvertails threads.

Sure thing.
If rules are being broken, then have at it.

That's not really what this thread is about though, is it?

What we have now is normal people who have been posting here for years and years feeling like they cannot express themselves, especially on the GDT, for fear of being potentially censored/culled, or also for fear of pushing other "positive" posters off the site...as we have seen in the OP of this thread.

I post frequently in the GDTs.
It's not all positive, especially given our season. I've read negative stuff from many others as well.

Where is the line?

I guess the only answer is to stop posting in the GDT, so you will get your censorship/cull of negativity, albeit self-imposed.

I just have never understood how posters who support the same team can get so argumentative with each other. If people disagree with what I say then that's their right. I've disagreed with plenty of what's been posted here over the years but never felt then need to attack the person who posted it. Geezus can't we all just comment on the team and club either positively or negatively and curb the personal abuse.

I don't believe that self-regulation will be the answer here. It's time for an offseason cull. This applies to both players and posters.......
Couldn't agree more mate, the negativity and the sniping that goes on here p1sses me off bigtime too, I'm with Mark when he talks about how this place is toxic now, it used to be fun and informative but now there's so many who come on this forum to talk the same sh1t week in week out, spoonbold, I'm proud etc I think there needs to be an 18 plus minimum age requirement because some of these contributors are clearly adolescent at best, I also feel sometimes that it's time to move on and it's a real shame because I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on here until the bullsh1t began

Couldn't agree more mate, the negativity and the sniping that goes on here p1sses me off bigtime too, I'm with Mark when he talks about how this place is toxic now, it used to be fun and informative but now there's so many who come on this forum to talk the same sh1t week in week out, spoonbold, I'm proud etc I think there needs to be an 18 plus minimum age requirement because some of these contributors are clearly adolescent at best, I also feel sometimes that it's time to move on and it's a real shame because I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on here until the bullsh1t began
Ok, all this dropping out talk has to stop Ron. Who the hell else is going to read all my stupid one liners @:D

Sad to hear Mark has taken a beating and departing. True gentleman blessed with common sense and spirit. Mods could always do better, but lol @Referee, as usual it goes missing when it is truly needed the most. See you all in another three years.

Sad to hear Mark has taken a beating and departing. True gentleman blessed with common sense and spirit. Mods could always do better, but lol @Referee, as usual it goes missing when it is truly needed the most. See you all in another three years.
Now there’s a man/woman that knows how to take a break lol…

Not one for half measures @EagleFlys

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8