saints

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
i got lambasted for declaring saints early in the piece last year.from what I saw last night from blokes like merrin ,greenfield(who is finally had some luck with injury)and bosden they will be clear frontrunners again.costigan and smith look well covered which they were probably worried about.never seen a team with so many utility players.

barring big injury toll they probably win again(broncos in 93 the last ones to do it)

except for the bulldogs I cant see many teams who have inproved their roster enough to improve greatly.cowboys have but they are a basket case and warriors maybe ;but too inconsistent away for me.

hard to see them not winning Im afraid and were probably over the odds at 6.00 in hindsight. I think we will improve significantly with injury luck this year but not enough depth to test them in all likelihood.

i think your spot on susan ! im not sure how we will got his year, and quite frankly im very nervous. Dragons are the team to beat !

Everyone said that about us in '09 & the wheels fell off. Look what happened to the Storm last year.

We can only hope this happens to the Dragons.

the storm would have got close if they hadnt got caught cheating the cap, Dragons went close in 09 won im 2010, and have the same drive, we got caught up in the 09 scandal, dragons will go close again !

I wasn't that impressed with Saints effort last night.  They beat a Souths team down on players, and if that greedy Sutton had of passed the ball instead of taking the tackle from the fullback, the score, and thus the game might have been closer.  Instead Souths gave up.  It was only in the second half that Saints got going and they were good but not great.  That game surely wasn't any benchmark on their season.  Just like Fridays walk in the park for us wasn't.

The Souths team literally revolves around Isaac Luke so I'm not reading too much into the Saints performance just yet. Too early to call.

hornby and soward didnt play for a start.thats their halves combination.throw in a great coach and they'll do me as much as I despise them

i heard all this same stuff last year and they won easy.injuries will decide it but given a clear run they will be mighty hard to beat.

WAMF link said:
The Souths team literally revolves around Isaac Luke so I'm not reading too much into the Saints performance just yet. Too early to call.

Isaac Luke and Sam Burgess, Greg Inglis, Dave taylor, Michael Crocker and Luke Stuart none of whom played last night. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297660997[/time]

susan link said:
hornby and soward didnt play for a start.thats their halves combination.throw in a great coach and they'll do me as much as I despise them

i heard all this same stuff last year and they won easy.injuries will decide it but given a clear run they will be mighty hard to beat.

I still cannot forget that night last year after the city country games where we gave the dragons a hiding at brookvale oval. 

With snake and wolfie back and a fully fit side we can give them a shake this year.  Canberra, bulldogs and broncos will also give the title a shake this year.

Rant

We showed the world last year we can beat saints,it will be repeated
We had **** players

Our halfback was beyond awful,comparable to Sandow

We had 1 hooker who does defend his heart out but isnt dynamic
and noone to replace him at the 60minute mark

We had a half assed fullback,as much as i love Farrar he aint a fullbacks asshole

Our props were tired,Teddy wasnt great,Rose neither,Kite was finding form and Gulavau was our best prop of the year,hands down

Our backrow was missing form from Choc and G Stewart,Rodney is solid but has no offload but defense thats just brilliant,sometimes i wish he would offload but whenever he gets it from a high risk play he takes it to ground!!!

We had a backrower on the ****ing wing instead of the pure speed of the wolf
What part of this does not compute with people?

We will go incredibly close to the 2011 barring heavy injury/suspension toll

/Rant

Shane link said:

We had a half assed fullback,as much as i love Farrar he aint a fullbacks asshole

I have no idea where to begin with those statements. No words come to mind to explain how wrong they are.

Saints should go into the season as rightful favourites, as we were in 2009. A football season is a long period of time though & anything can happen, they are far from a sure thing.

I don't think we'll be a top 4 team this year but we'll be up & in the mix.

Shane link said:
Rant

We showed the world last year we can beat saints,it will be repeated
We had s**t players

Our props were tired,Teddy wasnt great,Rose neither,Kite was finding form and Gulavau was our best prop of the year,hands down

Our backrow was missing form from Choc and G Stewart,Rodney is solid but has no offload but defense thats just brilliant,sometimes i wish he would offload but whenever he gets it from a high risk play he takes it to ground!!!

We had a backrower on the f**king wing instead of the pure speed of the wolf
What part of this does not compute with people?

We will go incredibly close to the 2011 barring heavy injury/suspension toll

/Rant
lmao.. mybe if we used the full bench a few times  & all our  interchanges ..  we might not have struggled so much..  saints are shIIt  i cant believe that 1st try in the GF still.. where moriss`s foot was out by 2 inches ..fukn dreamers  ...  thats my rant .. 

Shane link said:

/Rant

So which is he?

Half of one ar$e or simply no ar$hole ?

You got the rant bit correct though.

SAints will be the team to beat but that in itself will increase the likelyhood of injuries as most teams will be up for them.

The roosters should be up there again and have that lost one to win one advantage

I reckon the Storm will win the comp this year or come very close to it.

They have a something to prove & even with the team losses they still have one of the best lineups out there.

They'll  be playing for points this year.

Shane you do not win the comp in one game

Like it or not the saints have been the best team for the past two years (most consistent etc) and will be hard to beat this year

lsz link said:
Shane you do not win the comp in one game

Like it or not the saints have been the best team for the past two years (most consistent etc) and will be hard to beat this year

The grand final says hi :)

Thank god someone sees the potential of this manly team

Top 4 in no particular order

Manly
Saints
Storm
Canberra

Dark horse
Penrith/Rabbits

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10