• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Surely bitcoin solves much of this getting around the cap.
The only answer is a draft like many truly pro sports. Take it to the courts again - the world has moved right!

My take, for what it’s worth, as has been suggested numerous time on this forum; a points based rating system of players, a points cap on the 30 players with unlimited budget. Pay people what you want, what you can afford.

Sure some clubs will go nuts on the money and bankrupt themselves, no problem let them.

Just make it a condition of their NRL licence that, “If you go broke, too bad, so sad“ but you lose your licence and rights to the club’s logo, etc., i.e. you disappear forever and no coming back.

That should provide an incentive for proper fiscal management and a continuation of the club.

It would only take 1 club to be permanently shown the door and the rest should get the message, PDQ.

Surely bitcoin solves much of this getting around the cap.
The only answer is a draft like many truly pro sports. Take it to the courts again - the world has moved right!
Not sure when it was adopted by the A F L and for some reason does not seem to have much resistance there . N R L seems to have a different culture towards it and would still be over ruled on present indications in the Australian legal system . Personally could not bear the prospect for instance of Turbo or Jake being forced to leave Manly if a draft policy were previously in place .

I think if you develop a young player you should have control of that player for his first few years and if you don't play him in first grade or drop him X times him other clubs can pick him up and they have control.

Control of player say until 21-22 years then they can go onto free market. Contract value could be via an arbitration process revised each year. If the player stats are way above his pay then he is entitled to fair pay, if the club can't pay close to the figure and another will he can agree to transfer.
Of course third party deals move with the player :) :) :)

If you develop a player like turbo and offer him a four year deal at age 21 he's yours and that's that.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8