Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Shoe1

Journey Man
My feeling is that if our owners have sufficient proof that we've done no wrong, whatever egghead thinks or wants to do he cannot do, we are in the clear and it's time to turn the tables on these bastards and claim compensation for damage to our brand and for restrictions to our ability to trade in the open market, screw these mongrels for the treatment we've received!!!!
The compo manly will receive will be the right to take $500k of players off each of our opponents this year when we play them.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well I still quite don't understand how the granny lawyer visiting the sheds after a match can be construed as obtaining a benefit. Unless there's some other funny business going on ;);)... :handpointright::handok: then technically we may have breached the TPA.

Technically she’s received a benefit, although if that’s all we are being busted for then every single club can be fined as they would all be doing it and in bigger benefits than that let me assure you!!

HoldenV8

Journey Man
During the last two years especially, the silence from the NRL has been deafening when these damning allegations of match-fixing were front and center and our club was smeared un mercilessly. It is so disappointing that the CEO of the game has not a kind word for our club and showed his contempt for our club and culture when he lured Hasler over to the Dogs while we were in the process of winning the 11 competition.

The worst part for me is that while the NRL have sat back and allowed (and in a lot of it, actually helped) the clubs name to be dragged through the mud over things like match fixing, which was proven to be false, and this salary cap witch hunt.....when a suspected terrorist was pictured on the front page of the papers wearing a Dogs jumper suddenly Greenturd was front and centre saying that the NRL need to be proactive in protecting the clubs from unwarranted bad publicity.

His complete bias against Manly is plain for all to see (its been documented in these forums many times) and I personally know a few non-Manly fans who have noticed that he goes a lot harder at Manly for anything seemingly wrong than he does any other club.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If inviting a Third party sponsor to the sheds after a game is upheld to be a breach of tpa's, then this really is the nrl scraping the bottom of a barrel's barrel!

Especially when it's common practice to allow invited fans into the sheds, and I believe any court would throw the accusation out immediately.

Zorba even invited me and my wife into the sheds after Manly played the warriors in 2011. He said wait a few minutes and he'll come and get us.

I mean sure... he forgot all about us and we were left standing around brookie in the dark by ourselves for 2 hours...but hey...he invited us.

*sigh*

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Can't the players invite people to the sheds?

And if a player was personally sponsored by an individual why shouldn't he have the right to invite his guest into the sheds......

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Surely you found something to amuse yourself during that 2 hours......in the dark.....alone with the wife.....at Brookie......

Certainly did... I kicked the footy around!!!!!

That is code for “**** off sausage roll eater”

lol. I was watching the game from "the dug out" so there were plenty of free sandwiches!

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can't the players invite people to the sheds?

And if a player was personally sponsored by an individual why shouldn't he have the right to invite his guest into the sheds......

OMG ... what a thought ... the whole league would fall apart .... don't you realize !!!! ... what you are saying !!! :eek:@:eek:

tookey

First Grader
If inviting a Third party sponsor to the sheds after a game is upheld to be a breach of tpa's, then this really is the nrl scraping the bottom of a barrel's barrel!

Especially when it's common practice to allow invited fans into the sheds, and I believe any court would throw the accusation out immediately.

Zorba even invited me and my wife into the sheds after Manly played the warriors in 2011. He said wait a few minutes and he'll come and get us.

I mean sure... he forgot all about us and we were left standing around brookie in the dark by ourselves for 2 hours...but hey...he invited us.

*sigh*
I heard that your wife was allowed into the sheds

While you were cuddling around for those two hours didn't you realise that your wife had suddenly become obese, had grown a moustache and her breath smelt of sausage rolls?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I heard that your wife was allowed into the sheds

While you were cuddling around for those two hours didn't you realise that your wife had suddenly become obese, had grown a moustache and her breath smelt of sausage rolls?

Well that had an unexpected twist to it!

As long as it wasn't a big ole bald head.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The TPA thing is an absolute farce.

You can bet “ The Thoroughbreds” get way more than you are supposed to get and whatever Uncle Nicks band of merry men is called can you imagine them stumping up a Million for Tedesco with the only benefit being he attends their corporate golf day once a year and appears in an advertisement for them sans any Roosters gear ......I mean WTF, who would know him outside the game!

No, don’t you worry about that, the favourite teams would be providing corporate boxes , entertainment, match day tickets , travel with the team and more to woo the really big dollars.

But no, let’s jump all over an 84 year old retired Granny who went to the sheds a few times to see her sponsored player.

As I said at the top it’s an absolute farce!!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
access to the shed is pretty heavily restricted. When there were match fixing allegations and we brought in someone to go through our practices, one of them was to restrict access to the sheds, I believe even Ella was asked to leave because she wasn't press registered.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
And yet we blatantly advertise a testimonial rort organised by the nrl and the clubs concerned to line the already bulging pockets of Scam and JTwhinger. Can no one in the media see what a farce this admin is or are we blinded by our support of Manly.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
access to the shed is pretty heavily restricted. When there were match fixing allegations and we brought in someone to go through our practices, one of them was to restrict access to the sheds, I believe even Ella was asked to leave because she wasn't press registered.
Yes that came about after the Match fixing allegations and Manly s excellent front foot response to get Ray Murrihey to go thru our policies and practices ,even though yet again we were found innocent.
But I have asked this before and no one has said either way and its just become accepted fact ,but is it true that this all about the 84 y.o x lawyer grandmother sponsoring a few players and then being invited by the "club" to the sheds ? Can someone confirm this is the substantive issue.Because if it is how the hell can that miserable excuse for a CEO possibly keep a straight face when talking about or even looking at this .The old adages splitting hairs,scraping the barrel,desperate men do desperate things etc would have to get a real world workout if that is the issue that this vindictive, small minded ,mental invalid(no offense to real invalids) is trying to derail Manly's season on .Unbelievable in fact if that is the case and again if it is what are the reporting hacks doing with their day ,why aren't they calling this BS out for what it is ?.Or has Greenhunt got to them as well.You would think between the Player Managers scandal and non action from the NRL his own subversive and "tricky " dealings that he engaged in at the dogs that he is now trying to ping the Player Managers on ,and this witch hunt of Manly,plus the game is broke that Grennburg is walking a pretty fine line ,one mis-step and down he goes(lets hope).I mean he shouldn't be running the under 7s let alone the NRL,he's clearly just not capable and has made a stinking hot mess of it .Bring back John Quayle if you want to survive NRL!!!
Happy to be corrected on everything other than my grama

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Yes that came about after the Match fixing allegations and Manly s excellent front foot response to get Ray Murrihey to go thru our policies and practices ,even though yet again we were found innocent.
But I have asked this before and no one has said either way and its just become accepted fact ,but is it true that this all about the 84 y.o x lawyer grandmother sponsoring a few players and then being invited by the "club" to the sheds ? Can someone confirm this is the substantive issue.Because if it is how the hell can that miserable excuse for a CEO possibly keep a straight face when talking about or even looking at this .The old adages splitting hairs,scraping the barrel,desperate men do desperate things etc would have to get a real world workout if that is the issue that this vindictive, small minded ,mental invalid(no offense to real invalids) is trying to derail Manly's season on .Unbelievable in fact if that is the case and again if it is what are the reporting hacks doing with their day ,why aren't they calling this BS out for what it is ?.Or has Greenhunt got to them as well.You would think between the Player Managers scandal and non action from the NRL his own subversive and "tricky " dealings that he engaged in at the dogs that he is now trying to ping the Player Managers on ,and this witch hunt of Manly,plus the game is broke that Grennburg is walking a pretty fine line ,one mis-step and down he goes(lets hope).I mean he shouldn't be running the under 7s let alone the NRL,he's clearly just not capable and has made a stinking hot mess of it .Bring back John Quayle if you want to survive NRL!!!
Happy to be corrected on everything other than my grama
I haven't seen that reported as fact, though some of the issues say they are related to her contributions, but nothing else on that. So it seems to be speculation only

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12