Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Peter C

Bencher
OK just to be clear then, URM isn't tied to Winterstein through TPA ? They are just a club sponsor getting some airtime being mentioned next to a random player?
I'm fairly certain that there are two types of TPA's, a major sponsor is permitted to sponsor a player/s, this replaced the old marquee players allowance, and from memory it was capped at around $600,000 per club, this area is black and white.
You then have TPA's which are supposed to be at arms length from the club and current sponsors , this prohibits clubs sourcing a sponsor for a player/s and existing sponsors are not allowed to sponsor anyone if the allowable sponsor cap has been exceeded.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Doesn't Melbourne have the most TPAs...how does it work there as the Storm are barely on the radar there.

I “ think” that despite Melbourne being the AFL capital there’s a quite a large section of the population attuned to the League / Union game.

Oh sure they get zero media coverage ( or almost) of either game down there but in the corporate world the Storm does very very well.

Plenty of sponsorship, all their corporate suites sold out for every game so I’m not at all surprised that they’d be strong in TPA’s.

Where they, and the game in general struggles is mainstream media.

• 📚
Reactions: Ned

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As long as the Salary Cap counts actual payments to players Clubs will seek to rort that amount. Nothing will be fair or even until we have a valuation system, period.
A valuation system would render TPA’s meaningless.

Points system would be hard to rort, other than who does the ratings.

But if it was a set system ( ie played for Australia , NZ or England so many points, SOO so many , other reps so many etc etc) I think it could work.

Clubs get a subsidy and they can have unlimited TPA’s plus pay players whatever they want HOWEVER the 30 players can only equal XXX points, so if you want 4 superstars you are stuck with 6 regular first graders and 20 rookies ( or something like that).

An allowance for long term players ( 10 year plus at the same club).

Almost foolproof , obviously needs some work but I’m sure it would be a better system.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Points system would be hard to rort, other than who does the ratings.

But if it was a set system ( ie played for Australia , NZ or England so many points, SOO so many , other reps so many etc etc) I think it could work.

Clubs get a subsidy and they can have unlimited TPA’s plus pay players whatever they want HOWEVER the 30 players can only equal XXX points, so if you want 4 superstars you are stuck with 6 regular first graders and 20 rookies ( or something like that).

An allowance for long term players ( 10 year plus at the same club).

Almost foolproof , obviously needs some work but I’m sure it would be a better system.
Agree in principle, but I would have every player valued by every club at the commencement of their contract. Drop top & bottom 4 valuations & average the remaining 8 & that’s the cap number for the term of that contract.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like the idea Mark but would Lewis Brown equal Cameron Smith?

I rated that a funny ( and it was) but no , Lewis would get point(s) for being an international but Cam would get points for International and SOO.

It would have to be done in a manner to make it fair, I’m no rocket scientist but I’m sure it could be done equitably.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I rated that a funny ( and it was) but no , Lewis would get point(s) for being an international but Cam would get points for International and SOO.

It would have to be done in a manner to make it fair, I’m no rocket scientist but I’m sure it could be done equitably.
The SuperCoach guys don’t have any problem doing it.

Clay

Bencher
Round one today and still no decision made from the NRL regarding this "investigation".
I'm not surprised, this has really annoyed me that our roster is still not settled and there has been little to no communication from the NRL or the Club.
If I was the club and innocent, i would be putting pressure on the NRL publicly to make a decision and clear the Name

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Round one today and still no decision made from the NRL regarding this "investigation".
I'm not surprised, this has really annoyed me that our roster is still not settled and there has been little to no communication from the NRL or the Club.
If I was the club and innocent, i would be putting pressure on the NRL publicly to make a decision and clear the Name
I have a feeling (no inside info) that if it isn’t today, that it will be next Monday after the first round has completed.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I have a feeling (no inside info) that if it isn’t today, that it will be next Monday after the first round has completed.
Won't be today. If they had any sense at all it would have been yesterday at 5.00pm. It would have been gone by kickoff tonight, but now it will be a circus.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12