Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
If there is virtually nothing Manly have done that is wrong, wouldnt you think the longer Greenburg procrastinated the worse its going to look for him and the admin. His business sense us up the Khyber if that is the case.

I totally agree. I'm against the use of derogatory words against the ones running the game...

Photo_1521013702004.png

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If there is virtually nothing Manly have done that is wrong, wouldnt you think the longer Greenburg procrastinated the worse its going to look for him and the admin. His business sense us up the Khyber if that is the case.

I in fact think the longer this goes on the worse it looks for us, hope I’m wrong but that story today suggests they are crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s before coming down very very harshly.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
I in fact think the longer this goes on the worse it looks for us, hope I’m wrong but that story today suggests they are crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s before coming down very very harshly.

Could well be right mate, it’s the not knowing that is the worst.

I see a $50K suspended fine for 12 months with a change to the TPA’s to call it a draw.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I imagine that if we are cleared, it will be done is such as way as to indicate to the NRL and other clubs that we are "very lucky". The NRL do not want to be seen as lying down or weak or lenient in any way. Nor will they want to take responsibility for unfairly and unnecessarily dragging Manly through the mud. You can bet that it will take a monumental miracle for this blow over smoothly. The NRL has to be seen as a "no tolerance" organisation to deter the other clubs and they also don't want Manly to hold them accountable for brand damage and what not. It's a big mess.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
I understand why some people think we have brought it on ourselves by asking for extensions to submit our response, but if the newspaper reports are to be believed, the breach notice was issued without the NRL having interviewed the TPA issuers in question. The extra time Manly requested was presumably for the purpose of submitting evidence; evidence the NRL could have acquired before issuing the breach notice. In my mind it is clear we are dealing with a Kangaroo Court...

For what it is worth, similar to what snake has just said, I think the outcome will be “negotiated” with there being a bit of face saving for everyone.

Btw - Long time reader, first time poster. And Bozo strong armed me into joining the tipping comp...

eagle40

Reserve Grader
I hear on Talking Sport this arvo, Graeme Hughes asking the boys what they thought of no decision made on the Parramatta salary cap debacle after over 20 months. Apparently the NRL has 11 accredited player managers that were involved up to their eyeballs. But it seems they are not willing to act on them, why ? Because the player managers have told the NRL that there would severe repercussions if the League pursued them, they know some juicy incidents at a lot of clubs that would
bring the game to its knees & im wondering if one of those Clubs would be the Dogs. Suffice to say no one will ever be discredited.
And this is why the salary cap is a joke along with the NRL.
Toddy boy may only hit us with a feather.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I understand why some people think we have brought it on ourselves by asking for extensions to submit our response, but if the newspaper reports are to be believed, the breach notice was issued without the NRL having interviewed the TPA issuers in question. The extra time Manly requested was presumably for the purpose of submitting evidence; evidence the NRL could have acquired before issuing the breach notice. In my mind it is clear we are dealing with a Kangaroo Court...

For what it is worth, similar to what snake has just said, I think the outcome will be “negotiated” with there being a bit of face saving for everyone.

Btw - Long time reader, first time poster. And Bozo strong armed me into joining the tipping comp...

Great first post, now you’ve only got to do 21,000 more to catch me up, so “ get into it”!!!!

BTW, agree about the Kangaroo Court, that’s effectively what it is.

I still see the delay as bad news, they are doing more investigating and I fear will come out with one almighty Melbourne Storm like response.

Hope I’m wrong, but the end result may well be playing for no points and a massive hit to the cap.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Thanks Mark - it’s only taken me near on 3 years to post since I first started trawling through The Daly Cherrygraph!!

The delay has been more than frustrating, but I am just glad that we have not rolled over even thought it may have cost us a signing or two.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I hear on Talking Sport this arvo, Graeme Hughes asking the boys what they thought of no decision made on the Parramatta salary cap debacle after over 20 months. Apparently the NRL has 11 accredited player managers that were involved up to their eyeballs. But it seems they are not willing to act on them, why ? Because the player managers have told the NRL that there would severe repercussions if the League pursued them, they know some juicy incidents at a lot of clubs that would
bring the game to its knees & im wondering if one of those Clubs would be the Dogs. Suffice to say no one will ever be discredited.
And this is why the salary cap is a joke along with the NRL.
Toddy boy may only hit us with a feather.

That is the other option of course but I have a feeling that after gunning for us for over 2 years Toddy won’t let this one go through to the keeper.

And remember it’s not a court of law where a precedence has been set, this is nothing more than a Kangaroo Court!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16