Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The latest from NRL.com and Greenturd

Cap case close to completion

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has asked the integrity unit for final pieces of information as he looks to bring to an end to the salary cap investigation into the Manly Sea Eagles.

Given the matter relates to some individuals who are now at other clubs, Greenberg wants to make sure all the relevant information has been passed on and matches up.

"Manly came and presented to us and gave us additional information," he said.

"I've asked for some additional information to be presented to me by the integrity unit. I'll [get] that hopefully by the next two weeks ... There were some things I wanted more clarity on.

"You have to be mindful that we're talking about individuals and we're talking about clubs and we're talking about individuals that are no longer at certain clubs. There's a lot of information you need to cross-reference with each other. I'm mindful of making sure all of that is provided to me."

While it could take as long as next month, Greenberg said he wouldn't be rushed into making a decision despite being mindful of the cloud hanging over the sport and the Sea Eagles.

"I'm not going to put a timeline on it," Greenberg said.

"You've seen me over a period of time that when we go through these very detailed investigations it needs to be thorough. The decisions we make have to be very well thought through and carefully considered.
"I want to make it sooner rather than later because I don't want a shadow hanging over Manly or the game itself. But these are important decisions and I understand the gravity of these decisions, which is why I will take my time and consider all the information carefully."

He is going to leave us dangling for as long as it suits him, bloody disgrace!!!!

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
But he has time for the Todd Carney all of a sudden now its in Nth QLD, he will be down blowing Slater off this week for his 300th. Been so strong and forthright with the Lodge saga in Brisbane.

What a farking wanker this guy is. Its a national comp you half wit deal with some Sydney issues with a bit of urgency.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
From Fox Sports today;
But he has time for the Todd Carney all of a sudden now its in Nth QLD, he will be down blowing Slater off this week for his 300th. Been so strong and forthright with the Lodge saga in Brisbane.

What a farking wanker this guy is. Its a national comp you half wit deal with some Sydney issues with a bit of urgency.
well said - this arse wipe is a prick of the highest order! He manages to sort the multi million cap breach by Parra in a matter of weeks but our minor breach goes on for years when combined with match fixing.

**** I hate this poor excuse for a CEO

sheridanstand78

First Grader
From Fox Sports today;

well said - this arse wipe is a prick of the highest order! He manages to sort the multi million cap breach by Parra in a matter of weeks but our minor breach goes on for years when combined with match fixing.

**** I hate this poor excuse for a CEO
Dither, Delay, make it impact on Manly the most in a period where we are trying to re-sign players and recruit for next year, Greenturd knows exactly what he is doing!! The longer this drags out the more he hurts us and I really hope that Penn defends our club especially if the sanctions are minor.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The latest from NRL.com and Greenturd

Cap case close to completion

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has asked the integrity unit for final pieces of information as he looks to bring to an end to the salary cap investigation into the Manly Sea Eagles.

Given the matter relates to some individuals who are now at other clubs, Greenberg wants to make sure all the relevant information has been passed on and matches up.

"Manly came and presented to us and gave us additional information," he said.

"I've asked for some additional information to be presented to me by the integrity unit. I'll [get] that hopefully by the next two weeks ... There were some things I wanted more clarity on.

"You have to be mindful that we're talking about individuals and we're talking about clubs and we're talking about individuals that are no longer at certain clubs. There's a lot of information you need to cross-reference with each other. I'm mindful of making sure all of that is provided to me."

While it could take as long as next month, Greenberg said he wouldn't be rushed into making a decision despite being mindful of the cloud hanging over the sport and the Sea Eagles.

"I'm not going to put a timeline on it," Greenberg said.

"You've seen me over a period of time that when we go through these very detailed investigations it needs to be thorough. The decisions we make have to be very well thought through and carefully considered.
"I want to make it sooner rather than later because I don't want a shadow hanging over Manly or the game itself. But these are important decisions and I understand the gravity of these decisions, which is why I will take my time and consider all the information carefully."

He is going to leave us dangling for as long as it suits him, bloody disgrace!!!!
What a joke... remember how quickly he acted and what he said during the Parramatta cap situation (which was blatant cheating) he said something along the lines of “the West needs a strong Parramatta. They are a proud club and this needs to be sorted ASAP so they can get on with their season.” Then he went abracadabra and retired Choc because Choc hurt his knee at training. This happened despite the insurance company refusing to pay out on the policy. Peats goes to Gold Coast, Paulo to the Faders and then bingo, the Eels go on a signing frenzy that keeps on going (apparently they still have Semi Radrada’s money in their cap). This will only unify our club. We have a great side, despite being screwed over in our cap the last two seasons. Once this is sorted and we are allowed to compete with a full cap like everyone else, we are going to have some sort of a side. The clamps the Nrl have put on our club has forced our recruitment down the path of signing potential, or players, who for whatever reason had fallen out of favour. Bargain buys, and The strategy looks as though it’s going to pay big dividends. Toddy’s plan to cripple our club, will in fact have the exact opposite affect. We will win.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As I have said numerous times this won’t be over until we aren’t allowed to buy any more players , effectively cutting us out of spending the supposed $800k and meaning 15 teams get 30 players and 1 gets 28.

So even if we are exonerated we are still penalised.

Yes we might win but we’ve still lost.

It’s nothing more than a corporate game for Greenslime, one he controls.

Anyone seen the “ Hunger Games” ( or read the books), it reminds me of this.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Based on this response from Greenberg, you'd suspect that we will get an outcome in April (probably mid April). This gives 2 -2.5 months to pick up a couple of payers; however, who would be available of any worth? I would say the team we have now is it for this year bar 1 or 2 no names. Suli and Fainu might well be elevated to the top 30.

Ned

Bencher
Based on this response from Greenberg, you'd suspect that we will get an outcome in April (probably mid April). This gives 2 -2.5 months to pick up a couple of payers; however, who would be available of any worth? I would say the team we have now is it for this year bar 1 or 2 no names. Suli and Fainu might well be elevated to the top 30.
Mate with this clown show I'd expect it April 1st!!

Kevinward777

First Grader
So not #nextweek after all, possibly not even #nextmonth, but we’d hope by #nextyear although knowing Toddy he’d love to hold us to ransom forever!
The other discrepancy I have regarding a potential cap penalty is this. When the Eels were caught, they had to get their squad under the cap. They weren’t required to shed the cap of the overall amount they had cheated over the period of the offence. Same with the Dogs and Storm. Each club was required to get their current playing rosters cap compliant. So, if we are currently under the cap then a requirement to shed players is not of any consequence. At worst we should receive a fine and move on. But we are being held to ransom in that the Nrl are saying we might have to reduce our cap to the accumulated amount of four years. Penn really should take this to a proper court of law. Because the kangaroo court that is the Nrl just keep making it up as they go along.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The more this drags on.... the more it feels like decisions being made to minimise damage from dodgy dealings and shady managers, and less on the merits of Manly obeying the rules.

edit: But it's ****ING annoying! Sort yerself out nrl and pitter patter, let's get at 'er.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I find it unbelievable that players can carry on, except payments and have no idea of the source. The investigation is now down to re interviewing players now not at the Club. Let me guess. ok too obvious.
When Kurt Tippett was at Adelaide and excepted money in an unacceptable TPA he was suspended for 12 weeks. He said his agent handled all the dealing. The AFL still slapped a penalty on him. Do that in NRL and players would take an interest!!!

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
The fact this is dragging is telling me the NRL have put their foot in it and are desperately trying to dig themselves out of a hole. We have probably done some things that are legal, all clubs do, but don't paint the game in a good light.

My feeling is Manly will be cleared the exact same time the NRL announce TPA changes to try and save face. Making Greenturd look like he is improving the NRL.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The fact this is dragging is telling me the NRL have put their foot in it and are desperately trying to dig themselves out of a hole. We have probably done some things that are legal, all clubs do, but don't paint the game in a good light.

My feeling is Manly will be cleared the exact same time the NRL announce TPA changes to try and save face. Making Greenturd look like he is improving the NRL.

I agree Greenburg knows he has a big steaming pile of excrement jammed into the soles of his shoes and he is trying frantically to work out a way to remove it and not get his hands dirty or have the stench engulf him.

We can only hope that in trying to clean the mess up he gets it all under his fingernails and that he is fully exposed as the worst CEO the NRL has ever had ! oh for the days of David what his face and the other David the Banker or even Gallop ,god forbid all of those really set the bar low but old Greenburg has deftly managed to shift it even lower .I also find it unbelievable that now he has to go back to player s that aren't at the club anymore and get their thoughts and not rush his decision and consider all the facts blah blah ,,,if thats the case DH what WTF have you been doing for the last 24 to 12 months you moron?????
This along with the match fixing has been dragging on for what 18 months to 2 years ,how can he keep a straight face ,and FFS why aren't any "journalists" calling him out on his gross incompetence.
The thought of that smug charlatan makes my blood boil (in case you haven't noticed)
a win on sunday will calm me down Go Manly !!!!

Last edited:

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The other discrepancy I have regarding a potential cap penalty is this. When the Eels were caught, they had to get their squad under the cap. They weren’t required to shed the cap of the overall amount they had cheated over the period of the offence. Same with the Dogs and Storm. Each club was required to get their current playing rosters cap compliant. So, if we are currently under the cap then a requirement to shed players is not of any consequence. At worst we should receive a fine and move on. But we are being held to ransom in that the Nrl are saying we might have to reduce our cap to the accumulated amount of four years. Penn really should take this to a proper court of law. Because the kangaroo court that is the Nrl just keep making it up as they go along.

Very astute point Kevin,so when you take that as a precedent there should be no CAP penalty ,and a minuscule fine at worst .Grow some Greenburg give us a 50k fine and move on you will feel better about yourself in the morning !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16