Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
No points - good. Cap penalty - whatever, we've been dealing with that in some form for years. Joke's suspension - classic.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
$660k overall. If we’re 800k under this year, it would be nice to operate under the restrictions for 2018 only.
@NRL

Manly will also have a $660,000 penalty applied to their salary cap for this season and the 2019 #NRL Telstra Premiership.

The breaches involve 13 players over five years, totalling $1.5 million.
--------
So we have 140k to spend this year :party:

Ryan

Journey Man
Yep, there is a good chance they will write back and say "fair call - we have been inconsistent haven't we. All charges dropped. Thanks for bringing this to our attention."

It's not about that. It's about customer satisfaction, and awareness. The administration of The NRL log complaints and compliments, so if enough people complain, there has to be response (to a degree) - and that may be lip service, but they'll understand the dissatisfaction.

The alternative, is we lay idle, do nothing, say nothing & be drone like. I'd rather be pro-active and have a voice for the club. Who cares if the result isn't or doesn't change? We've stood up, and voiced our concerns.

Like the upgrade of Brooky Oval. I could have just done nothing like your alluding to, added no value, sat back and just copped it. But that's not me. I got on the front foot, was pro-active, and created a petition, because I loved the damned club. Did it actually amount to anything? Probably not, but at least I'm doing my bit.

Also like the long standing player allowances. I wrote a 10 page submission to the NRL, when we had Gift, Matai, Bullet & others on the roster, with calculations, ratios, risks, mitigant's. Yes, I got a cookie cutter reply, but the very next year, the allowances were changed and increased.

Understand why you're trying to belittle providing feedback. For me, it's about being pro-active, having your say, backing your club, lending a voice, and giving your opinion / feedback.

Mitch

Bencher
@NRL

Manly will also have a $660,000 penalty applied to their salary cap for this season and the 2019 #NRL Telstra Premiership.

--------

Numerous journos have said $330k each year. I wouldn’t be so sure just judging by how it’s read.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
If the breaches are as significant as Greenburg says then why has Penn fought it? He must still believe that Manly has done nothing wrong.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
It's not about that. It's about customer satisfaction, and awareness. The administration of The NRL log complaints and compliments, so if enough people complain, there has to be response (to a degree) - and that may be lip service, but they'll understand the dissatisfaction.

The alternative, is we lay idle, do nothing, say nothing & be drone like. I'd rather be pro-active and have a voice for the club. Who cares if the result isn't or doesn't change? We've stood up, and voiced our concerns.

Like the upgrade of Brooky Oval. I could have just done nothing like your alluding to, added no value, sat back and just copped it. But that's not me. I got on the front foot, was pro-active, and created a petition, because I loved the damned club. Did it actually amount to anything? Probably not, but at least I'm doing my bit.

Also like the long standing player allowances. I wrote a 10 page submission to the NRL, when we had Gift, Matai, Bullet & others on the roster, with calculations, ratios, risks, mitigant's. Yes, I got a cookie cutter reply, but the very next year, the allowances were changed and increased.

Understand why you're trying to belittle providing feedback. For me, it's about being pro-active, having your say, backing your club, lending a voice, and giving your opinion / feedback.

Or we are actually guilty as sin and dont deserve to be defended or stood up for.

Ill await Penn and Gormon's response and assess from there.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
It's interesting that the NRL fines clubs and grand-stands about the amount when the bulk of a clubs funding comes from the NRL.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
A clue recently: ZtH talking up renewed contact with the District Club.

We need them more heavily involved to take the outfit away from Pennal (Penn cabal).

Last edited:

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
@NRL

--------

A question

Considering we still have 2/ 3 players to fil out our roster...what is the min salary amount?

Jigzkiller

Bencher
I didn’t hear Todd make one reference to the impact of this on the Manly fans. We clearly don’t matter.

We didn't lose points. Time for Penn to put up or shut up also Fulton if you (and us) didn't cheat Greenberg has just slandered you and we all know you love money so head to court.
If Fulton doesn't go to court it say's it all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16