Sam Moa.........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sironen and another big name like DWZ or Tupou in the backs right now would be a fair list of recruits for 2017. Keep room for one more reasonable signing up our sleeve. It's a long way till June 30 2017 and players we want or in positions we only identify we need next year will come onto the market.

dead set. If you played Jamie Buhrer at centre all year he would have had a bad year too. In a full strength manly side brown is a bench utility. Why can't people understand that?
I understand Brown is a utility player but as a utility most good judges would say he had a very ordinary season .

I understand Brown is a utility player but as a utility most good judges would say he had a very ordinary season .

For me Brown is 17th man, used only in the event of an injury OR to give someone a break towards the end of a game.

Played like that he'd be valuable, trouble is with so many injuries last year he was all over the shop.

If we get a better run next year he might surprise.

For me Brown is 17th man, used only in the event of an injury OR to give someone a break towards the end of a game.

Played like that he'd be valuable, trouble is with so many injuries last year he was all over the shop.

If we get a better run next year he might surprise.
From what I have seen of Brown this season he lacks pace to be affective in the backs his arm grabbing tackling technique is embarrassing and his impact filling in the forwards is zero . But as you say Mark I hope he surprises .

From what I have seen of Brown this season he lacks pace to be affective in the backs his arm grabbing tackling technique is embarrassing and his impact filling in the forwards is zero . But as you say Mark I hope he surprises .

I agree a poor year BUT I have some empathy for him, every week in a different spot, and sometimes 2 or 3 different roles in the one game.

Very hard to get any rhythm in that !!!

I don't understand the train of thought sometimes.........there are complaints about signing 'older, experienced' players because they're past their use by date, yet we complain about our future pack only having 200 odd games of experience because players are young??? So what do we want?

Good players

Let's look at definites so far for our top 25 next year - those players who are contracted and in top tier most likely

Stewart
TTurbo
Matai
Walker
Taufua
Uate
Williame
JWright
MWright
Green
DCE
Lussick
Myles
Kapow
JTurbo
Brown
Lawrence
AFB
Lane
Winterstein
Parcell
Api

Fringe

Parker
Bainbridge
Meehan
Hopoate
Godinet

So that seems to indicate we have room for a 2-3 more 1st grade standard players. Matagi may be one of those based on pretty strong rumours

Let's look at definites so far for our top 25 next year - those players who are contracted and in top tier most likely

Stewart
TTurbo
Matai
Walker
Taufua
Uate
Williame
JWright
MWright
Green
DCE
Lussick
Myles
Kapow
JTurbo
Brown
Lawrence
AFB
Lane
Winterstein
Parcell
Api

Fringe

Parker
Bainbridge
Meehan
Hopoate
Godinet

So that seems to indicate we have room for a 2-3 more 1st grade standard players. Matagi may be one of those based on pretty strong rumours
Fox sports confirmed Slaimankhel on last market watch.

I doubt Omar would be top 25 if he is on a train and trial contract.

Stewart
TTurbo
Matai
Walker
Taufua
Uate
Williame
JWright
MWright
Green
DCE
Lussick
Myles
Kapow
JTurbo
Brown
Lawrence
AFB
Lane
Winterstein
Parcell
Api

Fringe

Parker
Bainbridge
Meehan
Hopoate
Godinet

It seems to be taking an eternity to announce Matagi, who from all reports on Twitface is coming!!

They'd be wanting to space out the good news so i suspect he's already signed on. Hopefully he brings dwz with him @:blush:

They'd be wanting to space out the good news so i suspect he's already signed on. Hopefully he brings dwz with him @:blush:
I doubt his signing alone will push the membership needle much, so he'll be announced in a bundle with some more names.

How may weeks was it from auto-renewals to the Turbo announcement? 1 or 2 weeks? So maybe more signings at the end of the month...

I doubt his signing alone will push the membership needle much, so he'll be announced in a bundle with some more names.

How may weeks was it from auto-renewals to the Turbo announcement? 1 or 2 weeks? So maybe more signings at the end of the month...

So boring isn't it, and unless it's a super huge name it's doubtful any bump in memberships would occur.

So boring isn't it, and unless it's a super huge name it's doubtful any bump in memberships would occur.
I doubt even the Turbo's announcement bumped numbers much. But that was a tricky one because if they announced it closer to Christmas, you'd have all of November and some of December with media speculation about them leaving and made up offers from other clubs with astronomical figures driving everyone mad and doing damage that would be tough to repair, even though it was all BS.

So the club had to put it out there now when it's kind of a nothing period in league and hope for the best. Bit of a waste really but what do you do?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4