Samuela Fainu or Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nappa

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hard to understand why the club is choosing to wait for Ben to gain enough experience / playing time to become a good 1st grader.

Looking at Samuela, he has a lot more upside and in my opinion worth the long-term investment by the club.

Only thing Ben has over Sam is that Ben can also play Centre, the elephant in the room.... are the club keeping him around to keep his brothers happy?

Maybe the fact that Ben would probably settle for $250k while Fainu will be looking for $600k plus soon is a factor ..
Yep, for sure. But Fainu showed again today that he has all the skills. Defence was good, always bent the line, had some good offloads and his hands on a couple ordinary passes was top shelf.

Don’t think it’s a comparison between Fainu and BenT.Given their different styles of play and Ben’s versatility,it should be a choice between Olakau’atu/Schuster and Fainu,especially given their wages and what Fainu’s manager is likely to be asking in coming years

Don’t think it’s a comparison between Fainu and BenT.Given their different styles of play and Ben’s versatility,it should be a choice between Olakau’atu/Schuster and Fainu,especially given their wages and what Fainu’s manager is likely to be asking in coming years
They are both 2nd rowers, and the real good ones are strong with and without the ball.

Ben has built up in the offseason and is getting on his knees and elbows when he is tackled,

Samuela is a power runner, more physical in defense and has more skill, game a few weeks ago the ball was kicked near him, he trapped the ball and regathered, then had the awareness to pass it to Kola he scored a long range try.

They are both 2nd rowers, and the real good ones are strong with and without the ball.

Ben has built up in the offseason and is getting on his knees and elbows when he is tackled,

Samuela is a power runner, more physical in defense and has more skill, game a few weeks ago the ball was kicked near him, he trapped the ball and regathered, then had the awareness to pass it to Kola he scored a long range try.
I’m not questioning Fainu’s ability and I wish he would stay,but for argument sake,if the club decided to let BenT go,it doesn’t necessarily mean Fainu stays,given the likely $$ disparity

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8