Samuela Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Amazing that we're letting these 2 guys go because Seibold thinks we can win the premiership next season so needs Latus 300k free'd up. Firstly I don't believe this current squad is remotely capable of winning the premiership especially under Seibold, secondly as many others on here have said you're not going to sign any difference maker for 300k. We're letting go 2 of the best prospects to have come through our system in years for a coach that's most likely not even going to be here by 2025.

I'm certain that we will regret this decision, I've been highly impressed with Samuela in the games he's played since his debut in firsts and also what I've seen of Latu in NSW cup, to me this is stupidity of the highest order, we chase fringe first graders from the Tigers and release future stars that we've put serious money and time into, wtf is behind this thinking ffs
It is, as the bloke on the other side of Kurt Capewell's wall said, very hard to swallow.

Losing good young players happens. But it's usually easier to understand if they are offered massive dollars or an easier path to the top grade. Losing Josh Feledy, for example, sucked, but he hadn't yet played NRL and was offered a good deal by the Tigers. Not much we could do, really.

With Samuela, we already know how he'll adapt to the NRL (spoiler alert: pretty farking well). Chances are Latu will do the same. They are both contracted to the club and, apparently, not looking to leave. And yet we are happily showing both boys the door.

I'm certain that we will regret this decision, I've been highly impressed with Samuela in the games he's played since his debut in firsts and also what I've seen of Latu in NSW cup, to me this is stupidity of the highest order, we chase fringe first graders from the Tigers and release future stars that we've put serious money and time into, wtf is behind this thinking ffs
Anthony Spoonbold.

Haumole is also great friends with the Fainus. Let's hope Wayne doesn't use them to make a play for the big man. He hasn't extended yet.

When you consider how well he was playing and you’re still a hope of the finals, why not keep him in first grade? Even if he is leaving? He has that ‘X-factor’ about him.

However we’re not privy to what’s going on behind the scenes.

It is, as the bloke on the other side of Kurt Capewell's wall said, very hard to swallow.

Losing good young players happens. But it's usually easier to understand if they are offered massive dollars or an easier path to the top grade. Losing Josh Feledy, for example, sucked, but he hadn't yet played NRL and was offered a good deal by the Tigers. Not much we could do, really.

With Samuela, we already know how he'll adapt to the NRL (spoiler alert: pretty farking well). Chances are Latu will do the same. They are both contracted to the club and, apparently, not looking to leave. And yet we are happily showing both boys the door.
OMG.. it's not that difficult to work out seriously ... they want more money.. it may not be them but their management...simple

I'm sure our management and coaches see their potential and want to keep them but it's a no brainier situation.
So our management has no option but to tell them.. "ok.. do your best..go see what's out there"

The issue is we have Latu on an NRL salary ( agreed to by previous management/ coaches and Scott Fulton with Tarak his buddy..apparently).. his brother plays first grade and their manager then leverages the fact they are brothers and uses this to up the price..

If Latu is on $350k and I have it from really good source that he is on "really good coin" ( I posted this a few weeks ago) then as soon as Sam gets into first grade and he's possibly on $120k ( Min contract) he's manager seizes the moment..

This is THE PROBLEM..
They waited for Samuela to play NRL and have a decent go of it which he did ( he's a gun, we all know it), they then turn around and immediately demand more $$$$ from the club knowing full well that Samuelas contract is up next year and that the "fans" will be outraged if management doesnt agree to resign the players for WHATEVER their manager wants... Where does it end.

Tarak:
Ok Manly, Sam is now an NRL player.. he's off contract next year and we want $450k plus per season..

Management:
He's a rookie, yes lots of potential and doing well, he's on $120K now so we are happy to double plus some, say to $300K/ year for 3 years with bonuses and possible KPI upgrades blah blah..

Tarak:
$900K, No way, Latu already on $350K and he hasnt played NRL, His brother deserves more!

Management:
He's just starting out,hes a rookie, what's next $750k when he plays a full season at NRL level?.. where does it end.

Tarak:
The boys want to stay together, they love the club but your under valuing them. They are a package deal!
The fact Latu hasn't played first grade but your paying him $350k now.. so Samuela is worth $450k+ and if you don't come to the party i will take Latu from you as well..

it's madness and has to stop, What would you expect the club to do.

We are probably looking to offload Keppie and had to bring in a few "Cheapies" to have cap space just incase we need to make a better offer to keep the Fainus after they "test" the market

Ask yourself if Samuela wasnt related to Latu, would this be happening, Look at the Shoe and Hamoule, they got their deals done with not to much fuss, possibly because they have a stronger stance with their manager and are not just blindly led.
From all reports, talk about the Fainus being quiet boys and it appears they just go with whatever Tarak wants to do with them.

If Samuela wasn't Latus brother he would have resigned with us already, no issue.

The issue is the club bought Brooks and is happy to let Latu go ( or at least test the market and see who else wants an untested half for $350K plus a year), so Tarak jumps on the gas and presses management with Samuela

So before we go banging on about the club and its management put yourself in their position, would you just bend over every time Tarak came knocking looking for more $$$,
This is not the first time he's done this now, basically every player on his books is in the media 1 and 2 years out from their contract expiry looking for more $$$.. thats FACT

When you consider how well he was playing and you’re still a hope of the finals, why not keep him in first grade? Even if he is leaving? He has that ‘X-factor’ about him.

However we’re not privy to what’s going on behind the scenes.
Well we can bet sure as hell Sam wasn't dropped due to injury or form... looks like it's just the big bird from the club to him/ his manager which is dissapointing considering our season is on a knife's edge!

OMG.. it's not that difficult to work out seriously ... they want more money.. it may not be them but their management...simple

I'm sure our management and coaches see their potential and want to keep them but it's a no brainier situation.
So our management has no option but to tell them.. "ok.. do your best..go see what's out there"

The issue is we have Latu on an NRL salary ( agreed to by previous management/ coaches and Scott Fulton with Tarak his buddy..apparently).. his brother plays first grade and their manager then leverages the fact they are brothers and uses this to up the price..

If Latu is on $350k and I have it from really good source that he is on "really good coin" ( I posted this a few weeks ago) then as soon as Sam gets into first grade and he's possibly on $120k ( Min contract) he's manager seizes the moment..

This is THE PROBLEM..
They waited for Samuela to play NRL and have a decent go of it which he did ( he's a gun, we all know it), they then turn around and immediately demand more $$$$ from the club knowing full well that Samuelas contract is up next year and that the "fans" will be outraged if management doesnt agree to resign the players for WHATEVER their manager wants... Where does it end.

Tarak:
Ok Manly, Sam is now an NRL player.. he's off contract next year and we want $450k plus per season..

Management:
He's a rookie, yes lots of potential and doing well, he's on $120K now so we are happy to double plus some, say to $300K/ year for 3 years with bonuses and possible KPI upgrades blah blah..

Tarak:
$900K, No way, Latu already on $350K and he hasnt played NRL, His brother deserves more!

Management:
He's just starting out,hes a rookie, what's next $750k when he plays a full season at NRL level?.. where does it end.

Tarak:
The boys want to stay together, they love the club but your under valuing them. They are a package deal!
The fact Latu hasn't played first grade but your paying him $350k now.. so Samuela is worth $450k+ and if you don't come to the party i will take Latu from you as well..

We are probably looking to offload Keppie and had to bring in a few "Cheapies" to have cap space just incase we need to make a better offer to keep the Fainus after they "test" the market

Ask yourself if Samuela wasnt related to Latu, would this be happening, Look at the Shoe and Hamoule, they got their deals done with not to much fuss, possibly because they have a stronger stance with their manager and are not just blindly led.
From all reports, talk about the Fainus being quiet boys and it appears they just go with whatever Tarak wants to do with them.

If Samuela wasn't Latus brother he would have resigned with us already, no issue.

The issue is the club bought Brooks and is happy to let Latu go ( or at least test the market and see who else wants an untested half for $350K plus a year), so Tarak jumps on the gas and presses management with Samuela

So before we go banging on about the club and its management put yourself in their position, would you just bend over every time Tarak came knocking looking for more $$$,
This is not the first time he's done this now, basically every player on his books is in the media 1 and 2 years out from their contract expiry looking for more $$$.. thats FACT
Great summation and don't disagree with any of it but would still like to see Sam in the team in the short term over Woods and co!

This is THE PROBLEM..

Tarak:

Management:

Tarak:

Management:

Tarak:

Nice theory, except Latu and Samuela have signed contracts with Manly till the end of 2024.

Manly don't need to offer Samuela any additional $$ .

Great summation and don't disagree with any of it but would still like to see Sam in the team in the short term over Woods and co!
Agree and he probably will be at some stage, but who knows what his manager has put to the club or what the clubs thinking.

I for one wouldn't "showcase" him to the NRL if I wanted to get a deal done to keep him... That could be going on atm.
Maybe the club has let them test the market and hoping to be in a position to make an offer after that, I hear but do not see any clubs making the signings atm. Talks cheap but why have they not signed elsewhere yet.

Tonights U19 origin may not be agreat thing for us retaining him as he will be on show against lesser than NRL opposition and no doubt Samuela will shine

Nice try, except Latu and Samuela have signed contracts with Manly till the end of 2024.

Manly don't need to offer Samuela any additional $$ .

Do you not get it??? seriously .. Tarak has done this with other players on his books.

Its also part of the Brothers being a package deal that Tarak is using.

They have a good year or a few good matches and then 2 years out from contract expiry , goes in for an upgrade.

We had to upgrade Hamoule and Shoe 2 years before contract expiry, we just did it again with Kaoula

Look back over the past 4 years, Tarak players linked to other clubs well before contract expiry, and why,, because he wants an upgrade or extension NOW from Manly.

its a power play by Tarak and people like you are falling for it, but it cant go on, thats why your not running the club, we would be over the cap.. hahah

Do you not get it??? seriously .. Tarak has done this with other players on his books.

Its also part of the Brothers being a package deal that Tarak is using.

They have a good year or a few good matches and then 2 years out from contract expiry , goes in for an upgrade.

We had to upgrade Hamoule and Shoe 2 years before contract expiry, we just did it again with Kaoula

Look back over the past 4 years, Tarak players linked to other clubs well before contract expiry, and why,, because he wants an upgrade or extension NOW from Manly.

its a power play by Tarak and people like you are falling for it, but it cant go on, thats why your not running the club, we would be over the cap.. hahah

That never stopped Tartak agitating for upgrades for Saab, Schuster & Olakau’atu.

Manly are making a choice on who they want to keep and who they want to get rid of. Plain and simple.

Oh so easy to blame the big bad mgr. How about we blame Spoonbold & Mestrov.

Do you guys get it?

Manly are making a choice on who they want to keep and who they want to get rid of. Plain and simple.

Oh so easy to blame the big bad mgr. How about we blame Spoonbold & Mestrov.

Do you guys get it?
Ask yourself, If Samuela wasnt Latu's brother would he be leaving? The club is happy to let Latu go, so now their manager wants to take Samuela with him...hmmmm

If Samuela had a different manager would he be leaving?

Ask yourself, If Samuela wasnt Latu's brother would he be leaving? The club is happy to let Latu go, so now their manager wants to take Samuela with him...hmmmm

If Samuela had a different manager would he be leaving?

Says who? Your imagination?

Why is Keppie supposed being moved on and he is signed to 2026. Blame his mgr as well?

Manly is making these decisions, and if the rumours are true, they are happy to boot all 3 on their way.

Could there be an upgrade trigger in his contract for "X" amount of First Grade games played that is at play here too?

So what if there is? Manly have been spending up big in the last month or so.

They made all these spending/signing decisions knowing what every player's contracts are.

So what if there is? Manly have been spending up big in the last month or so.

They made all these spending/signing decisions knowing what every player's contracts are.
Well, Schuster’s one of the players Manly has spent up big on recently.

Given:

-Scott Fulton has a relationship with both Mario Tartak & Schuster
-Schuster is managed by Tartak
-Fulton is now at Wests Tigers
-Tartak has previously been in the media making a point about Josh being promised the 5/8th position & agitating for upgrades for Josh

…who do you think spread the rumours that Schuster was going to Wests Tigers?

Well, Schuster’s one of the players Manly has spent up big on recently.

Given:

-Scott Fulton has a relationship with both Mario Tartak & Schuster
-Schuster is managed by Tartak
-Fulton is now at Wests Tigers
-Tartak has previously been in the media making a point about Josh being promised the 5/8th position & agitating for upgrades for Josh

…who do you think spread the rumours that Schuster was going to Wests Tigers?

Schuster has signed an extension for less than he is being paid now.

The media spread rumours about Schu.

What does this have to do with how Manly run their salary cap and who they want representing Manly?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8