Schuster or Foran for 5/8th 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Schuster or Foran, 5/8th in 2022

• Foran

Votes: 91 65.0%
  • Schuster

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Foran will be 5/8 I just hope they manage Schusters development properly. Can easily have second year syndrome otherwise
I reckon he had second half of the season syndrome. So hopefully he hits the ground running next season. Whilst living in Qld looked fantastic, for some of the young blokes it must have been tough living away from home.

NRL news: Manly star Josh Schuster chosen in New Zealand’s preliminary World Cup squad​

A trans-Tasman tug of war has erupted for the services of Josh Schuster after the Manly young gun was a shock inclusion in a New Zealand squad announced on Thursday.
Schuster has long been earmarked as a representative star and he showed every bit of that class during the Sea Eagles’ premiership tilt this year.
So much so he was picked in Michael Maguire’s preliminary 38-man squad for next year’s end-of-season World Cup. Schuster is the nephew of former All Blacks player John Schuster.
NSW were set to pick Schuster in their extended squad for the opening Origin game this year before a minor calf injury ruled him out.
Josh Schuster has been picked in New Zealand’s preliminary squad for next year’s Rugby League World Cup. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images

Josh Schuster has been picked in New Zealand’s preliminary squad for next year’s Rugby League World Cup. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images
The 20-year-old said he was stunned by the interest in his eligibility but his preference was to play for the Blues.
“It’s an honour and privilege to be selected by the Kiwis and by Michael as my uncle played for the All Blacks,” Schuster told News Corp.
“Although my dreams and aspirations are to play for the NSW Blues and Australia. If that does not happen I have options on both sides.
“I’m overwhelmed by the interest. I didn’t think I would’ve been selected in any representative teams this year. If anything, I am just very grateful.”
Schuster was coached by NSW mentor Brad Fittler as part of the Blues under-16s team in 2017. He also represented NSW under-18s and has been earmarked by Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga as a future Australian representative.
“We would be certainly interested, obviously,” Meninga said.
“This year he did well. He will develop and become a better player next year. But he has to make himself available for NSW before he plays for Australia of course.
Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga is a big fan of Josh Schuster. Picture: AAP Image/Chris Pavlich

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga is a big fan of Josh Schuster. Picture: AAP Image/Chris Pavlich
“I would certainly like him to commit to NSW and Australia — that would be my thoughts on it. If he makes that choice to play for NSW — I don’t think he is far away — I would welcome him as part of the Australian set-up (in the future).
“In think he is a great enough player to get himself in that situation. I wouldn’t say no but it is his decision.”
NSW Rugby League chief executive David Trodden added: “He has been part of our representative pathways at every age group we select players in.
“He is also a player who has been identified by our high-performance staff as a future Origin player and we would hate to see him lost to the NSW system.”
It is understood Schuster ticked boxes for NSW and Australia on his contract with Manly, but was tempted when he received a phone call from Maguire asking him whether he would be interested in playing for the Kiwis.

Let’s be fair dinkum. DCE had a vpoor game and Foran provided very little. The results in rounds 1 and 2 say it all. I’m very disappointed.

Can't wait for Schuster to come back.

He should be playing 5/8th.
We know our attack needs to improve, although it certainly will if we can start grinding out some scrappy wins based on defence. Let in two fewer tries to Penrith and the Roosters and we are still in both games despite shocking attack. 16-6 vs penrith, 14-10 vs roosters.

That's why I think we should base a lot of our 1-17 on defencive capabilities and linespeed, and why I think Foz is one of the last players we should consider moving.

Foz was one of our only defenders today showing urgency and the defencive combinations on that edge were working well.

There is a significant problem with Harper, dce and Olakauatu (particularly harper and olakauatu being out of sync, indecisive or slow). Fix that and we won't need to chase points, meaning we can attack with more purpose and intent. It will simplify alot. Besides, penrith were poor attackers last year in the finals but won ugly. Foran is absolutely good enough for a 5/8. Schuster is a pretty good defender and an attacking option, so we should keep both in the starting side.

The effectiveness of our attack will be based on our forwards, pressure, territory, play-the-ball speeds and confidence. If we continue to carelessly concede points in big games, we will attack frantically to catch up. It is a cycle that does not get fixed by making our attack slightly more potent.

If you think Foran is our problem and that Schuster is going to miraculously solve all these problems then you’ve seriously got no clue mate. Why is this even a thread?

Where did I say Schuster is going to fix all our problems and Foran is our problem?

You seriously have no clue mate if you cannot read what someone writes.

So I am not allowed to look forward to Schuster coming back????

Many here believe Schuster should be 5/8th regardless of how the team is performing which is why it's been going for many pages since last year.

H
Where did I say Schuster is going to fix all our problems and Foran is our problem?

You seriously have no clue mate if you cannot read what someone writes.

So I am not allowed to look forward to Schuster coming back????

Many here believe Schuster should be 5/8th regardless of how the team is performing which is why it's been going for many pages since last year.
By saying he should be playing 5/8th you’re implying that he would replace Foran which is stupid because if anything DCE is the one that needs to go, he’s been awful. If Schuster wants to play 5/8 he can wait another year or two and lose about 10kgs while he’s at it.

I'm looking forward to Schuster coming back but I think Foran has probably been our best player the last two weeks. He's the only one with consistently good body language...he competes on every play and the rest of the side could use his ticker.

H

By saying he should be playing 5/8th you’re implying that he would replace Foran which is stupid because if anything DCE is the one that needs to go, he’s been awful. If Schuster wants to play 5/8 he can wait another year or two and lose about 10kgs while he’s at it.
agreed with a forward back going nowhere a Foran Schuster combination is far bettter than DCE/Foran. Foran can game manage and drive a side. DCE simply can't put a team on his back. It wont happen this way but this is the way to go when forwards are struggling.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10