Scott Penn - Proving a lot of people wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1+1=3
Kapow is a great signing. We should all be excited by that.

Look a lot of work would have went into make that happen.

And a lot of money no doubt.

At the same time lets just thank our lucky stars it was the signed contract that didn't find its way to the Joker and not a draft or written negotiations plastered over Twitter which resulted in the entire deal falling apart.

Our management still appears a shambles, just cashed up ones.

We have a better team on paper now then the one Toovs took to a GF. Long Live Tooves.

And let's not count our chickens just yet. New team, new coach, lots of combinations to work on, lots of things (like injuries) that could go wrong. We haven't won a game, let alone the 2016 premiership. Penn and the rest of his employees still have a lot to prove.

Good call. Unfortunately tough decisions sometimes have to be made. But from where I see it they have been the right ones. Can't remember being so excited about the coming season ahead.
I was very excited for about the 2012 season for, what was it, 14 hours?

absolute masterstroke by Penn to sign DCE for 400K more than originally put forward. Its a shame he couldn't have kept gift on the sidelines and therefore Choc as well chewing up about 1.5M for half a year each of aging greats who are well past their best.

If he really had his way there would have been no coin for Taupau or Myles.

The former coach and arguably one of Manlys greatest wasn't shown any compassion so it's obvious no one will be either. Penn paid 5 million for this club and has put in a few more million apparently. The game is now a business and the only way to be successful is to operate like one. I'm liking the clean out , the new attitude etc, it's clear they run the club not the coach , not the players, the message is clear perform or u will be shown the door

1+1=3
Kapow is a great signing. We should all be excited by that.

Look a lot of work would have went into make that happen.

And a lot of money no doubt.

At the same time lets just thank our lucky stars it was the signed contract that didn't find its way to the Joker and not a draft or written negotiations plastered over Twitter which resulted in the entire deal falling apart.

Our management still appears a shambles, just cashed up ones.

We have a better team on paper now then the one Toovs took to a GF. Long Live Tooves.
Cashed up, especially after the sale of the Leagues club for a MASSIVE profit that is double what they have spent buying Manly by the way.

And let's not count our chickens just yet. New team, new coach, lots of combinations to work on, lots of things (like injuries) that could go wrong. We haven't won a game, let alone the 2016 premiership. Penn and the rest of his employees still have a lot to prove.
Yes, let's hope this isn't one of those 1982/83-type seasons, where a Manly 'team of champions' goes up against a 'champion team' in the big one. There are some similarities, not least a core of veteran players from the team's last period of dominance, surrounded by a growing preponderance of established players imported from elsewhere. The latter not necessarily imbued with a great sense of loyalty to their new club.

So let's have less of the Panglossian outlook, more realism please!:)

My only complaint with the Penns is their behaviour towards 2V which was downright vindictive and shameful. They may well have a plan for Manly, though I would suggest they were stuffing it up big time until Fulton came on board. If they succeed good on them. But that doesnt forgive them for their behaviour towards a true Manly icon. This club is a family not a war zone,....one would hope they have the maturity to realise that

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6