Sea Eagles - a new ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
There is a lot of space out there. Theoreticlly, you could just build up backwards from the existing hills. It's a great ground to play at!

Rat park that is

I would support this as long as pirate golf is retained.

Too far away from the rest of Sydney. We need a ground near Chatswood or North Sydney located walking distance from railway.

mickqld said:
Too far away from the rest of Sydney. We need a ground near Chatswood or North Sydney located walking distance from railway.

Noooooo.

If it was North Sydney, may as well just hand it over to Allianz Stadium and give up.

It must be Northern beaches, but make it unique, close to the water etc.

Eagles Terrorist said:
mickqld said:

Noooooo.

If it was North Sydney, may as well just hand it over to Allianz Stadium and give up.

Steelers did it!! Steelers did it!!

Cameron said:
If the council had half a clue the would sell the naming rights off the one of the banks and use that money towards improving brookvale.

This would require working with Sea Eagles to deliber benefits to the Bank. Unless they factor in costs of tickets, Corp boxes into naming rights fee and buy off Manly. Seems residents and certain people are very anti working together.

What do the rats need a new stadium for? They play the equivalent of league A grade. I'd say give rat park to Narrabeen Sharks and Mona Vale, they get bigger crowds.
Our joint venture chance was the spirit and we rooted that by taking on the Bears.

Manly play out of Brookvale. Say what you want. As a stadium it is light years ahead of anything else on the Northside. Developing anywhere else would cost way more than tweaking Brookie. All we need is development to the back of Jane Try and Fulton Menzies and it's done. More corporates, nothing else.
People say it's run down but i can't see how you can call a grass hill run down. It just is what it is.

My team is called Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. Their colours are maroon and white. They play out of Brookvale Oval. None of these points are negotiable.

Nicola Eagle said:
Cameron said:
If the council had half a clue the would sell the naming rights off the one of the banks and use that money towards improving brookvale.

This would require working with Sea Eagles to deliber benefits to the Bank. Unless they factor in costs of tickets, Corp boxes into naming rights fee and buy off Manly. Seems residents and certain people are very anti working together.

The key word here is V I S I O N.

Without it, we are totally screwed. The detail is minor. Don't get bogged down in the detail. There are people who can sort that.

Pittwater Legend said:
Stevo said:
Where is this magical sports groud situated?

I think he's referring to Rat Park at Warriewood. Potentially it's a great place to build a major sports venue. There is a ton of space there.

Just a question regarding Rat Park, how stable is the land structure for building on due to the area being the old tip?

Ok, here's a vision, not getting too bogged down in the details.

We all love Brooky, absolutely love it to death. But Brooky has it's issues, I won't labor them in detail. The site is always going to be in conflict with itself, with the council, with the surrounding houses. Short of an injection of (I think the Sea Eagles said $60mil) Brooky will continue to be an ongoing uphill battle. But we all love it for various reasons and would be loathe to leave it.

So, my one-line pitch is, "Let's not leave Brooky. Let's just...move Brooky a little". Spiritually, culturally and mentally Brooky remains the same; it just physically exists somewhere else.

Rat Park has potential, but I think we need more space. I'd suggest the the Academy of Sport site at Narrabeen, current training HQ for the Sea Eagles (and I think the front office as well?)

Without having a clue about who owns the site and the current zoning of the land, here's what I'd do:

- A single entity acquires the entire site, surrounding areas (possibly need to head over the other side of Wakehurst Pwky as well), a total land area of about 104 hectares required.

- Level the site

- Stage 1:
* New purpose built stadium with approx 20,000 seats, and "the Hill" recreated (no stadium/seating behind the hill as per some plans for current Brookvale Oval which I thought was a sorry compromise), with accompanying Sea Eagles offices built into the back of the stadium (ala a lot of English soccer ground setups)

* State of the art sports medical centre and offices

* Rebuilt atheletics/running track;

* Rugby League academy of excellence (the half-back academy that Joey and Phil Gould have been talking about for years) and training fields

* Hotel and conference facilities

* Resturants, bars etc

* A high-speed rail line run in from Chatswood (preferrably a Mag-Lev line that can clock 300km/h).

* 5,000 space underground car park

Stage 2 :

* Olympic size swimming pool and seating
* Open a proper world-class theme-park for Sydney - start with 5 major attactions and grow/build over the years with some seriously good rollercoasters
* Expanded hotel/resort facilities

* additional 5,000 spaces to underground car park

Stage 3:
* Water park to compliment the theme-park

The potential clientele and multi-use purposes for this site means it has a lot more ongoing potential and commercial viability than current Brooky.

Of course, the development time-frame for Stage 1 alone would likely be about 5 years, and the intial investment requirement for the site itself I'd put at about $5billion. I'm not sure I'd want to think about the cost of the Mag-Lev train line to Chatswood - any engineers amoungst us who'd like to comment on this?

But, with the right vision, the right willpower and the right group of people coming together to make it happen, it would be massive for the Northern Beaches, massive for Sydney in general and it would make "Brookvale Oval" a true global holiday destination. Primarily it has the massive advantage of being just out of the way enough that it's isolated from residents and competing interest and plenty of room for future expansion and development.

Most importantly, it secures the long term a stable home for the Sea Eagles; whilst geographical it's not the current Brooky.....it would be Brooky in ever other facet.

If anyone's interested, I've got some mock-ups of the stadium as well :)

Zanzin - you're a big ideas person, love it!! Post some mock ups.

Stevo said:

The thing is, it's not for us. It's for the next generation of supporters and beyond. Brookie, as much as we might all love it, just doesn't cut it.

The food is crap, the seating and services ancient, the corporate boxes from 1980, the hill - well, in my opinion, a problem becuase it kills the crowd numbers when its wet, parking poor, traffic heavy, the list goes on.

I do think the Pittwater Road corridoor is a much better location and from a business POV, getting maximum use from the ground by sharing with other sports makes sense.

Eagles Terrorist said:
mickqld said:

Noooooo.

Sell brookie and move the ground to where the harbord diggers are. Great views.

With all of your ideas zanzin you should offer your services to the current nsw state government. They are devoid of ideas and could use someone like you.

Nice idea, but you know who would object most loudly - the Greenies. They have already forced the private golf course Cromer (next to the Academy of Sport) to relinquish their signature 15th hole that borders Narrabeen Lake so that they can walk/ride through the site, along the lake and into parts of the Academy of Sport.
While we equate sensisible development = progress, the Greenies oppose everything . .. except the Dole.

What needs to be done is the 3 councils need to be merged talk about being over governed. Then from there the new manly-warringah council would be in a much better position and would be alot more supportive than the current council are. The poor mayor of warringah has to deal with fools like that tree hugging immigrant kirsch, it's offensive how someone who has only been in Australia 15 years can try to dictate to the majority the usage of a facility that has been part of the district for almost 70 years.
Bloody greens are nothing but communists telling us what we should do and how we should live.

I think the biggest flaw of all is the idea that we can get 25,000 fans to each home game - most of whom will have come from the northern beaches. There just isn't anywhere near 25,000 fans on the beaches - and the current figure is certainly not growing - even with 3 grand final appearances in 5 seasons.

It does sound great though - awesome, progressive idea Eagles Terrorist.

zanzin said:
I'm not sure I'd want to think about the cost of the Mag-Lev train line to Chatswood - any engineers amoungst us who'd like to comment on this?

Glad to help out, your answer is sh1tloads

tookey said:
Eagles Terrorist said:
mickqld said:

Noooooo.

Sell brookie and move the ground to where the harbord diggers are. Great views.

With all of your ideas zanzin you should offer your services to the current nsw state government. They are devoid of ideas and could use someone like you.

Tookes, you are not supposed to be saying that, you should have blind faith that he hast turned this state around with his B+ average.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4