Sea Eagles sign David Perry to new 3 year deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: David Perry appointed General Manager on 3 year deal

Ceagle said:
Zorba and Penn voted against it

Quelle surprise!

Great to see Vidmar in the Manly Daily today noting ever sane person's concerns about the contagion known as Zorba :mad:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/zorbas-interests-queried/

God Help Manly :angel:

NB.Please take up the Manly Warringah District Rugby League Football Club Memberships ASAP. As with 3 years' membership, you get a vote!

The arrangement has always been that the Club would gradually buy back shareholding from the private owners. The Penn family knew this from the start. It's a non-story in that sense, because Scott Penn worked with then CEO Paul Cummings (and in due course Max Delmege, who was already the principal sponsor) circa 2004 to bring that arrangement to fruition. The Screaming Eagles initiative apparently sought to divert money elsewhere and therefore away from that strategy and I suppose led to much of the angst at Board level around the time of Grant Mayer's departure.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, notice I qualified my thoughts in that last sentence with words like 'apparently' and 'suppose'!

RE: David Perry appointed General Manager on 3 year deal

HappilyManly said:
Ceagle said:
Zorba and Penn voted against it

Quelle surprise!

Great to see Vidmar in the Manly Daily today noting ever sane person's concerns about the contagion known as Zorba :mad:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/zorbas-interests-queried/

God Help Manly :angel:

These article do nothing but inflame the situation. Vidmar's comments are counter productive, and I don't believe he made them. What did he hope to achieve by saying such things in an open media?

Think them - fine.
Air them as dirty laundry - not good.

These people on, or associated with the board should consider this before opening their mouth's to the media.

Will what I say, or the actions I take IMPROVE, or DISRUPT the current state of affairs. If the answer is improve, then go ahead. If the answer is "disrupt", i'm sorry, but just STFU.

It's damaging. It's poor PR. It's agenda driven. It's not healthy for the brand.

Surely people are smarter than this? To every single person on the board, and every single person associated with it: WE NEED POSITIVE PRESS - NOT THIS CRAP.

Also, why is it the media knows what goes on, what the votes are, what fighting was done behind closed door at board meetings. Again, stop being stupid, and airing dirty laundry. Shut up, and do what your supposed to do - improve things/anything associated with the brand.

That's just a dumb, over sensationalised bit of drivel by The Manly Daily, and I'm sure Vidmar was mis-quoted, because I certainly don't think Vidmar is the type to air dirty laundry, nor is he the type to want to hurt our brand awareness right now.

Disagree^

The newspaper articles were/are Zorba's preferred tool of misinformation.

The week long MD saturation by Zorba on his redundancy in 2011 - not sacking- was disgusting. The very week that Wolfman faced paralysis , 5 Players were suspended and 1 week out of the finals - who was soaking up the news? - none other than the self serving Zorba.

I also completely reject the notion that the Players are behind Zorba - its a fallacy perpetuated by him.

Fight fire with fire and may the pure hearted win :heart:

HappilyManly said:
Disagree^

The newspaper articles were/are Zorba's preferred tool of misinformation.

The week long MD saturation by Zorba on his redundancy in 2011 - not sacking- was disgusting. The very week that Wolfman faced paralysis , 5 Players were suspended and 1 week out of the finals - who was soaking up the news? - none other than the self serving Zorba.

I also completely reject the notion that the Players are behind Zorba - its a fallacy perpetuated by him.

Fight fire with fire and may the pure hearted win :heart:

No way mate. Seriously? Fight fire with fire through the media? That'll do nothing but hurt us. We need consistency, harmony & solidarity.

Not fighting anything with anything.

And I'm on no-one's side. I just wants what best for:-
manly__sea_eagles_nrl_betting.jpg

Spuds Bodyguard said:
What is the Penn's f**king problem. Do they like having to pump money into the place every year to keep it afloat? It seems absurd.

Just let the guy do his job, which is to ultimately provide them a return on their investment into the club, and shut the f**k up.

This is starting to do my head in!

think Penn might be nothing but a control freak with money. Wish Quantum would buy him out and piss him off. Sick of this ****, along with Zorba.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2