Sea Eagles to transform Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It will be a game changer for this club, the club will be self sufficient, I would have loved to have seen a ground that can hold 30K because we need to aspire to getting that sort of crowd every week, but its a big step in the right direction and a very much better alternative than SFS or Homebush.

Great news! If they could turn Brooky into a similar stadium to that down in Melbourne, that would be ideal. With a hill of course.

The Melbourne and Gold Coast ones are really good stadiums. If we could get something like that it would be great. Brooky has a unique atmosphere too and I would hope that they might have one area of the stadium for our most vocal fans.

Judging from CEO Dave Smith's comments on stadia they want about 4 of this size for all the sydney teams, so a single team stadium is going to be difficult to get approved.

You had me right up until you typed coarse instead of course. :p

But seriously folks.....your comment was far too well thought out for the telegraph.

Your next assignment, convince people choc wasn't on 900k!!!!

You had me right up until you typed coarse instead of course. :p

But seriously folks.....your comment was far too well thought out for the telegraph.

Your next assignment, convince people choc wasn't on 900k!!!!
Forget convincing. I had the paperwork. Ask Dan who I showed. No idea how the nrl faxed to my home but they did.

I phoned the nrl to advise, but they ignored my calls the ignorant pricks, but the club phoned me straight back, and I promised I wouldn't divulge the specifics.

Oh, and I only showed Dan the front page..so no numbers..I held to my word

I believe you (always did)....I should've type convince 'others.'

(sorry guys - off topic)

Erm....New stadium is needed and overdue. Get rid of the hill, it attracts the great unwashed!!!*

*present company excepted, obv!

Looks great. How would you love to have one of those residentual units facing the ground. Now that would be paradise. the only thing that worries me is the below statement..
Penn said that the club will have to go through a community consultation process because the oval is in a residential area.
There's some deadset knuckleheads around the grounds vicinity, who won't be happy until it's pulled down and used as a lawn bowls club.

Check out my reply to her..it pending atm..see.if she can reply to that logic
Good post.
In my dealings with Christina and I have had a few robust debates in the past she just hates football, the culture and the club. She's one eyed in her opposition as we are one eyed in our support. She is our nemesis. No debate or discussion will change her venomous opposition to us. Remember to put her last on any ballot paper.

ahhhh, so that's who she is. Maybe someone should post and highlight her bias!

No better place than brooky oval on a sundee arvo.
Yep - 5 yards from the beerhut on the left had side (45m line) is where you'll find me. Usually there with my boys. Now that they are older they drive so i can have a few beers.
Payback for all the years I drove them around :)

Last edited:
I see both Central Coast Mariners (A-League) and North Harbour Rays (Union) won't be playing any games at Brookvale Oval in their upcoming seasons. Great work Warringah Council, you won't be able to pitch the ground as multi-purpose to the NSW government when only Manly plays there @:(

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8