Sea Eagles to transform Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see both Central Coast Mariners (A-League) and North Harbour Rays (Union) won't be playing any games at Brookvale Oval in their upcoming seasons. Great work Warringah Council, you won't be able to pitch the ground as multi-purpose to the NSW government when only Manly plays there @:(

Warringah Council to seem particularly inept. I for one can't wait to see them merge with Manly and/or Pittwater.

I see Christina Kirsch has already posted a snide remark.

Check out my reply to her..it pending atm..see.if she can reply to that logic

I think it is just because it was Manly's home ground there would be a lot of resentment and therefore a lot of snide remarks.

Parramatta has been upgraded a few times.

St Merge has been upgraded because of our prior PM (John Howard) wanted it - honest.

Abbott promised $29 million back in 2007 and now has promised $10 along with Albernese. When they interviewed Albo you could see he was uneasy about it, just because it is Manly's ground a blue ribbon Liberal seat in both state and federal political spheres. The money is yet to materialise though.

Just the hatred of Manly by non-manly bogans is very hard to overcome.

I think the only logical space for a larger ground on the Northern Beaches is at or around Rat Park. Brookie is just in a bad spot these days. Rat Park has the space to do ground plus a car park and with the continued development of former farmland around Warriewood into units and townhouses, it has the need for a bigger park and ride too.

This looks perfect.

There will be no hill. Forget hills. Hills are from the 70's. (Disclaimer........I actually like the nostalgia of the hill... But how do you present plans for a modern stadium and include a hill ? Look at the stadia that house EPL and NFL teams.......show me where they have hills.)

20000 - 25000 sounds about right for the capacity required. But no less. We don't need to be calling for upgrades 5 years after it opens.

I'm prepared to be homeless for the years it takes to build this (the team....not me personally you bunch of smartasses). The benefit far outweighs the temporary inconvenience.

Google Earth Brookie and it will show the bleeding obvious - no roads to access the grounds, event at the current 20k capacity.
upload_2015-7-10_11-26-2.png

If Penn could buy up the Industrial Park across the Road - he may have a chance at redevelopment

upload_2015-7-10_11-28-43.png

I think the only logical space for a larger ground on the Northern Beaches is at or around Rat Park. Brookie is just in a bad spot these days. Rat Park has the space to do ground plus a car park and with the continued development of former farmland around Warriewood into units and townhouses, it has the need for a bigger park and ride too.
Not a good location, one road in and out. Manly need to expand our supporter base beyond the northern beaches.

Not a good location, one road in and out. Manly need to expand our supporter base beyond the northern beaches.
Do you really think we would attract new fans by playing elsewhere? Let's be serious. We are the 'black hats' of the competition, the bad guys that every non-Manly RL supporter wants to see beaten. But we are just as important to RL as the so called 'pride of the league' because Manly evokes passion like no other club.
Taking Manly out of the Northern Beaches would be like stripping Mundine of his mouth.

St Merge has been upgraded because of our prior PM (John Howard) wanted it - honest.

Abbott promised $29 million back in 2007 .

I believe that most of the funding for Kogarah and Wollongong came from the the State labor government headed up by Morris Iemma, another dragons supporter.

What's this $29m promised by Abbot in 2007? Could you provide some more info on that one?

Actually, don't bother. All the plans, talk and political jibes are a big bore. I'll just keep holding my breath waiting for the plans to be submitted and approved...................

Do you really think we would attract new fans by playing elsewhere? Let's be serious. We are the 'black hats' of the competition, the bad guys that every non-Manly RL supporter wants to see beaten. But we are just as important to RL as the so called 'pride of the league' because Manly evokes passion like no other club.
Taking Manly out of the Northern Beaches would be like stripping Mundine of his mouth.
I am not suggesting that Manly leave the beaches, Rat Park is not the answer in my opinion, we need to play most of our games at Brooky but if not we need to consider a venue that is good for our fans to travel to. I really believe that we have a model; of 9 games at Brooky and 3 derby games a year at SFS or Homebush just to help the club make money. Target Easter and June long weekends for example. My fear is that this talk fest about Brooky is just that and for 1- years this has been going on, is this ever going to happen?

This looks perfect.

There will be no hill. Forget hills. Hills are from the 70's. (Disclaimer........I actually like the nostalgia of the hill... But how do you present plans for a modern stadium and include a hill ? Look at the stadia that house EPL and NFL teams.......show me where they have hills.)

20000 - 25000 sounds about right for the capacity required. But no less. We don't need to be calling for upgrades 5 years after it opens.

I'm prepared to be homeless for the years it takes to build this (the team....not me personally you bunch of smartasses). The benefit far outweighs the temporary inconvenience.
We need and deserve an A grade venue, Brooky needs to be a 25K all seat stadium if possible.

This looks perfect.

There is a concept from 2007? i think which does just this. Looks like brooky, has another 5,000 seats and doubles corporate facilities and all for 30-50 million, substantially cheaper than this option.

That is how.

idea in pictures is here

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=182349&page=2

So to like Mozzzzzzman?

And c'mon - there is Powderworks, Pittwater AND Mona Vale roads! At least Pittwater Road there is wide and flowing. At Brookie its just off a big intersection and a total **** fight when busy

So, how do you explain the fact that Brookie Hill is so well patronised yet there are always empty seats in the various stands?
Cause seats in the stands are expensive, particularly the Jane Try stand opposite the Hill. I love the Hill (see my profile pic) but it does have limited appeal especially in wet weather!!

Cause seats in the stands are expensive, particularly the Jane Try stand opposite the Hill. I love the Hill (see my profile pic) but it does have limited appeal especially in wet weather!!

But if you have an all seater stadium, the sideline will be that expensive on both sides. So people will all be jammed at the ends and in the corners with a crap view and they'll blame that as the reason for not attending games.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2